Pages: 123 »
Posted on 05-22-21, 12:21 am (rev. 1 by  Bluey on 05-22-21, 12:21 am)
Koopa
obese hacker

Since: 10-19-19
i find it interesting to see the same couple-a newer users around here. not sure what happened to most of the OGs besides a couple of the normals and mods, but they're probably doing fine. nothing wrong, it just seems kinda different nowadays.
Posted on 05-22-21, 04:08 am
Paragoomba
Indeed it is, indeed it does

Since: 03-29-20
I for one can agree. I don’t really have a problem with how things are nowadays at all, and I love seeing the board getting activity. To be honest, I guess most of the “OGs” have moved on, either in life or just their general projects, and I suppose that there isn’t really a problem with that, either. That’s just life I guess, some come, some go, rinse and repeat.

While it’s sad to see some of the older members who we’ve come to know gone, there’s always the opportunity to let the newbies settle in, and develop more memories with the board and its many members.

(Though in all honesty I’m not sure if I’m really one to say any of this, as I myself haven’t been around for too long lol)

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Anew!
Posted on 05-22-21, 03:34 pm
Beezo
something that resembles the blaze of a fire

Since: 03-18-21
Posted by Bluey
i find it interesting to see the same couple-a newer users around here. not sure what happened to most of the OGs besides a couple of the normals and mods, but they're probably doing fine. nothing wrong, it just seems kinda different nowadays.

I agree. For example, Dirbaio (the creator of all this), Skawo, ray, they just gave up on NSMB.

I feel sad about it. They're almost legends in this game and its hacking and they just... gave up. It's sad...
Posted on 05-22-21, 04:22 pm
The boy who always has something up his sleeve

Since: 02-01-21
Yes, but I think that we too could become legends too, if some retired it was simply because they began to have more responsibilities and things like that, others were discouraged by nsmb, well I'm sure the new ones will be their successors,so up to the new ones , we are going to show that we too will be like them

I encourage everyone, guys

Posted on 05-22-21, 05:26 pm
Beezo

Posted by alpha
Yes, but I think that we too could become legends too, if some retired it was simply because they began to have more responsibilities and things like that, others were discouraged by nsmb, well I'm sure the new ones will be their successors,so up to the new ones , we are going to show that we too will be like them

I encourage everyone, guys

Very inspirational, indeed. But, yes, if we work hard we can become better.
Posted on 05-22-21, 06:37 pm
Red Paratroopa
マリオーファン

Since: 01-04-17
Posted by GreyMask
I for one can agree. I don’t really have a problem with how things are nowadays at all, and I love seeing the board getting activity. To be honest, I guess most of the “OGs” have moved on, either in life or just their general projects, and I suppose that there isn’t really a problem with that, either. That’s just life I guess, some come, some go, rinse and repeat.

While it’s sad to see some of the older members who we’ve come to know gone, there’s always the opportunity to let the newbies settle in, and develop more memories with the board and its many members.

(Though in all honesty I’m not sure if I’m really one to say any of this, as I myself haven’t been around for too long lol)

Well, that's the spirit of life. Nothing can stay forever, even I haven't expected that I'll be active here again. But I have to do other things as well, instead of making some NSMB ROM-hacks.
Posted on 05-22-21, 07:52 pm (rev. 1 by  poudink on 05-22-21, 07:52 pm)
Giant Red Paratroopa
Not Edible

Since: 02-12-16
I'm surprised I was able to keep at it for so long. I usually lose interest into things quite quickly, but I've managed to stay interested in romhacking since early middle school.

Posted on 05-23-21, 01:17 am

I am also in middle age and I am starting romhacking Now, NSMBTNL is my first hack, and it will be incredible this time, I hope that the board continues to be activated more, in fact I think that the new ones are the ones thathave the active board, right

Posted on 05-23-21, 03:47 am
Koopa
obese hacker

Since: 10-19-19
it honestly feels kinda nice to see a new generation of hackers here. everyone who’s active is also dedicated, so keep it up.
Posted on 05-23-21, 10:24 am
Red Cheep-cheep
MammaMia Team Member

Since: 04-26-19
Posted by Bluey
not sure what happened to most of the OGs besides a couple of the normals and mods

believe me, even if here just a few users are active here on the board, there are a bunch of other people working on NSMB, but totally not active on this forum
Posted on 05-23-21, 03:27 pm (rev. 1 by  alpha on 05-23-21, 03:32 pm)

Posted by Bluey
not sure what happened to most of the OGs besides a couple of the normals and mods

Thanks for the support, so be it, a new generation has already arrived, I went from being a guest to a computer hacker in fact I would like to study system engineering because I love technology, but I will not forget this place, I planto do many hacks from nsmb, in fact when I saw Newer DS for the first time, I thought it was an official game, and then I met this place and realized that I could do nsmb hacks

Posted by ItzTacos
believe me, even if here just a few users are active here on the board, there are a bunch of other people working on NSMB, but totally not active on this forum

well that's true a lot of people hack nsmb, some are not here and others just look for this place to get recourses and then leave, well there are many users who are not active but they keep hacking nsmb, it is very possible

Posted on 05-23-21, 05:01 pm
Beezo

Posted by alpha
I am also in middle age and I am starting romhacking Now, NSMBTNL is my first hack, and it will be incredible this time, I hope that the board continues to be activated more, in fact I think that the new ones are the ones thathave the active board, right

Yes, me too. I know I've been here only for 2 months, but I normally give things up quicker.
Posted on 05-23-21, 06:47 pm
Red Paratroopa
マリオーファン

Posted by Bluey
it honestly feels kinda nice to see a new generation of hackers here. everyone who’s active is also dedicated, so keep it up.

Thanks man! I think after I tried SMM2 hacking I'll think about to return to NSMB modding. But this will probably take long, because of school and other Modding stuff.
Posted on 05-23-21, 11:13 pm

Posted by Vadenimo
Thanks man! I think after I tried SMM2 hacking I'll think about to return to NSMB modding. But this will probably take long, because of school and other Modding stuff.

vadenimo, i would love you to hack nsmb again, it would be amazing to have you back, friend

Posted on 05-23-21, 11:24 pm (rev. 1 by  Vadenimo on 05-23-21, 11:25 pm)
Red Paratroopa
マリオーファン

I don't think so, I'm currently working on a SMM2 Super-World with NSMB styled Levels, but I don't think that I can create great levels for NSMBDS, just look at my cancelled hacks. Most of them were lazy.
Posted on 05-23-21, 11:36 pm

well I think you lack a bit of motivation and inspiration to create great levels, but i prove next super mario bros ds, before I joined nsmbhd, and it was more or less great and then I saw that the hack ends at level 2-4,I think so, even though you had beta testers when you did those hacks, I'm just asking

Posted on 05-23-21, 11:48 pm (rev. 1 by  Vadenimo on 05-24-21, 12:11 am)
Red Paratroopa
マリオーファン

Well, I can create great levels like my SMM2 levels, but first I need level ideas then I need to know level mechanics about the current engine for example the SMM2 engine and finally I need to build it. Mario-levels have to be fun and playable for the player. The levels from Next DS didn't make fun and weren't even good nowadays in my opinion. And don't forget that I'm pretty busy with my real life problems right now, which is also a reason why I can't mod every time a game.
Posted on 05-24-21, 12:22 am

Well, I haven't played next ds for a while and when I started working on the beta 4 of NSMBTNL, I completely changed my opinion about common levels, most of the levels of my hack are a bit inspired by nsmbw and newer ds,so I can't fault it, unless I play it right now.

well too, when classes start normally, maybe the board will get a bit unbalanced, although the holidays are near so maybe some users will be activated again i guess

Although since you canceled 2 hacks, I doubt that you want to hack nsmb again, well, real life problems are more important and we have to solve them and then we could take time off, although that would leave little time for these things, andit would be impossible do both at the same time, so I understand you, friend

Posted on 05-24-21, 12:28 am
Red Paratroopa
マリオーファン

I don't think so that it's a great idea to have an inspiration of NSMBWs Levels, because NSMB and NSMBW are completely different games.
Posted on 05-24-21, 12:50 am

Yes, I agree, I also create my own ideas with the first thing that comes to mind

and the level is fun and great, also my beta testers give me some ideas

Pages: 123 »