Pages: « 101112131415
Posted on 05-19-18, 12:30 am (rev. 1 by  cros107 on 05-19-18, 12:30 am)
Lantern Ghost
Will never finish a hack

Since: 03-25-16
Are you the one who made that one (the first?) nsmb kaizo hack? Because from the screenshot it looks like exactly the kind of level design that hack has lol
Posted on 05-19-18, 02:21 am (rev. 3 by Jakratzhu on 05-19-18, 05:07 am)
Koopa
cyka blyat

Since: 06-10-14
Posted by cros107
Are you the one who made that one (the first?) nsmb kaizo hack? Because from the screenshot it looks like exactly the kind of level design that hack has lol

Yes, but then I dropped it. I remade it into one level, and I'm working on it today. That level that I linked above is the same hack I was working on. It's not that hard actually but requires around 50ish frame perfect jumps, rng manipulation and good knowledge of some glitches that you probably didn't even know exist. (They only work in circumstances where one would have to edit a level; thus, I don't know how common the glitches are.)

Still, it's a WIP, I want it to be around 30 minutes long, just a challenging level for the player that finds NSMB a little too easy

Here's video completion of what I did so far. I want to complete it first then decor it, so it's pretty ugly as of now. I'm about 1/3 done with gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBYNzQGpDho&t=80s
In the video, it may seem like some stuff is useless or randomly placed; everything has a use, and there's reasons why I'm not doing ___ (for example, wall kicking when it looks like I can to save time, but in reality, the walls are classified as spikes and can't be bounced from) these things aren't noticed until you play, so if you've got Desmume and spare time, have a try.
The download is above as I pasted previously.

Also, that's a cool SMW castle level at 3 posts above
Posted on 05-19-18, 09:59 am
Lantern Ghost
Will never finish a hack

Since: 03-25-16
>50ish frame perfect jumps, rng manupilation and obscure glitches

yeah just a little challenge to boost the difficulty

In all seriousness though this does look cool. Might give it a try, lol.
Posted on 05-19-18, 02:04 pm
Koopa
cyka blyat

Since: 06-10-14
Posted by cros107
>50ish frame perfect jumps, rng manupilation and obscure glitches

yeah just a little challenge to boost the difficulty

In all seriousness though this does look cool. Might give it a try, lol.

Thanks! I mean, it's meant to be TAS'd. I guess it's like Mario Must Die, but I tried to make a stage that was challenging to TAS too... I can only imagine how hard it would be for regular players lol

After this one I will make one that's easier and aimed at every day players but still "Kaizo"