Posted on 07-18-14, 02:10 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Posted by Hiccup
This is really great, apart from one thing. Could you make it so secret challenge mode can be switched on and off from the beginning, so the clone does not run away off screen to the left, but you can still backtrack if you want to?

You could change the text for the box that appears with mkds course modifier (I'm not sure I'd trust that program on your hacked rom, just edit another rom then copy over the edited text with nsmbe).

Useful links maybe:
http://nsmbhd.net/thread/1851-changing-challenge-mode-values-tutorial/
http://nsmbhd.net/thread/1850-understanding-challenge-mode/

I was considering it. Truth is, I intended to do that. I did that to the Clone levels in Bugfix v1.3 of CTT1. But the levels are too complex this time, there's a lot of going back and forth and using the secret challenge mode can push clones into places they aren't supposed to be.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 07-18-14, 02:31 am
a

Since: 02-12-13
OMG YAY

;DDDD

Anyways, I'm going to download this and play it now.
Posted on 07-18-14, 04:08 am (rev. 1 by  MarioFanatic64 on 07-18-14, 04:09 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

I'd like to ask you some questions about Hack n°4: Will it have a story? When will you announce it? And most important,when I will stop to be so curious?

1. No story is planned. Hack #4 is a small-scale project and it'll probably be half-finished by the end of the year. However, Hack #5 will have a story, but that's a long, long ways away.

But I guess if you want to be technical Hack #4 does have a story, though it is one that most people have already known for decades. *hint* *hint*

2. I'm not sure when and how it will be announced. There are two aspects to Hack #4, and I plan on revealing only one of them when it is first announced. The problem with this is that if I made a World 1 Demo it would give the surprise away, so I must either refrain from making a thread here or just reveal everything straight away.

3. You'll probably stop being so curious when it's released in 2015.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 07-18-14, 09:49 am
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
Posted by Izmirnator
Great that the Hack has been released! Looks like  MarioFanatic64 has won the contest with  Arceus. Anyway, I will play this Hack.

In my opinion we shouldn´t try to make our hacks as fast as possible to release them faster than other. We should make our hacks as good as possible

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 07-18-14, 10:53 am
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
So should I keep playing just by adding the scroll control in the editor, or maybe an auto-scroll sprite. Because it is quite frustrating otherwise.
Posted on 07-19-14, 02:04 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Posted by Hiccup
So should I keep playing just by adding the scroll control in the editor, or maybe an auto-scroll sprite. Because it is quite frustrating otherwise.

The reason I'm putting emphasis on playing as Luigi to find secrets in Clone Tag Team 2 is to encourage using him if you're having troubles controlling Mario and the Clone. You can edit the hack yourself, or just play as Luigi.
Posted on 07-19-14, 02:09 am
Doesn't actually do anything.

Since: 10-22-12
Is Luigi actually necessary to get these secrets or just recommended? I ask because was able to get all of the star coins in 1-2 without him.
♪♫♩♬
Posted on 07-20-14, 01:18 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Posted by TRS
Is Luigi actually necessary to get these secrets or just recommended? I ask because was able to get all of the star coins in 1-2 without him.

It really depends on how skilled you are. I made the early Luigi-specific areas easier to access just so people could get the hang of the mechanic, but as the game progresses they become increasingly harder to reach if you have a Clone.
Posted on 07-20-14, 03:10 am (rev. 1 by  snake block on 07-20-14, 03:10 am)
a

Two bugs I would like to report.

If you're mini in World 5-Tower and enter the boss fight while staying mini, you will fly up to the screen and on top of the ice ceiling rendering the boss undefeat-able Also, if your mini in the same level and you ignore the Pipe Cannon and try wall jumping up, you can get on the ceiling of the non-boss fight area.
Posted on 07-22-14, 01:33 pm
Red Koopa

Since: 05-11-13
Very well done
I really like the music!

edit: lol I entered a pipe while my clone died in 1-1 and I can continue without a clone now
Posted on 07-22-14, 01:36 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
You are wrong again. You can continue without the clone when you enter in a pipe, no matter if he dies or not.
Posted on 07-22-14, 07:53 pm
a

So you can 'revive' yourself if you enter a pipe during the short time you stay in the level while the clone's die animation is playing or something? Cool!
Posted on 07-23-14, 04:21 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

If you manage to get through a pipe or door in time while your clone is still doing to death animation, you can continue.

So if you're daring enough near the end of an Area, you can try dashing to the end because as long as one Mario makes it through the Pipe before the other dies, you're safe.

Also, I've noticed something strange about clones and Pipe cannons.

If you are using a flashcart and a Mario jumps into the other Mario while they're shooting out of a Pipe cannon, the game will crash. However this doesn't happen with emulators. A bit weird, right?
Posted on 07-23-14, 01:50 pm
Red Koopa

(Maaaaaan whats goping on with my brain )
But not only this happened. If you enter the pipe normally the clone is gone and everything is normal.
But here the music stopped and the sprites dont work anymore also
Posted on 07-24-14, 01:19 am (rev. 2 by  MarioFanatic64 on 07-24-14, 01:20 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

So we're one week in from release, and things have been relatively successful.

There were over 250 downloads this week, whereas Clone Tag Team 1 has had a ratio of 100 downloads per week.

Also, this is the first time a hack of mine has had three different walkthroughs in progress at the same time. When Clone Tag Team 1 launched, there was only one playthrough which was never concluded.

So things look very promising. By the way, has anybody 100% completed the hack yet?

Has anybody located any of the hidden Easter Eggs yet? There are a few.

As for future bugfixes, this is what I'll be doing.

I don't want to have large bugfixes so early after release, so for a while I'll be issuing small fix patches (which contain approximately 10 fixes) that you patch directly to the CTT2 ROM. So far, thanks to the feedback I've located and fixed three different bugs.
Posted on 07-31-14, 10:58 am
Red Koopa

I will play this game 100% ( I hope it wont be too hard )
But I havent played so far yet. My plan is to finish it this week.
Now Im in World 4 and yeah, I found some Eastereggs

Very cool that you made them
Until here the Hack is very well done!
Some music tunes doesnt have all sound effects but this happens cause you had so much tracks that you had to replace mini game slots or others that didnt were used for normal levels in the original game ,right?

I found some other weird things:
-If you stay on the moving platforms in 1-2 where the Luigi sign is then you wont die when the platform goes against the ceiling. The ceiling will then act as a solid on top thing and you wont able to go back
-If you jump from the top Donut lifts at the end of the level in 2-2 on the top right brick block then you can jump over the ceiling stones. There youre able to go further ( I thought it were a secret ) and then you cannot return.
Posted on 08-01-14, 04:02 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

There's something hidden in 1-5. It's in a place no one would look. But remember, it's a secret to everybody.
Posted on 08-01-14, 02:36 pm

Since: 02-27-14
Posted by MarioFanatic64
There's something hidden in 1-5. It's in a place no one would look. But remember, it's a secret to everybody.

You surely love hiding easter eggs in your hacks, don't you?

By the way, I found the "easter egg" in 1-5:

Pretty well hidden...I'd say.
Posted on 08-01-14, 02:45 pm
Ninji
(Sevrault21/SaltyRiolu)

Since: 02-04-14
You wasted your time just for 1 little coin? (sorry if I'm off topic)
Posted on 08-01-14, 03:56 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
You aren't suppose to show it. MF64, your coin text is not huge enough. LakituGamer missed it.