Pages: 12345 »
Posted on 01-27-12, 06:57 am (rev. 4 by  MarioFanatic64 on 04-21-12, 05:18 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Oh, the Irony that I made a thread for the next 2D Mario game that shared the title of my very first hack!!

New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be released in August for 3DS.

This is now officially a hype thread.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 01-27-12, 02:57 pm
Fuzzy
Full mod

Since: 06-28-11
That's awesome! I will definitely hack that game once the 3DS is hackable. I wonder how long it will take Treeki to write a level editor, lol.
Posted on 01-27-12, 03:03 pm

What do you mean by hackable, Piranhaplant?
There are already ROMs for the 3ds in the internet, so I think those are also hackable.
Posted on 01-27-12, 03:15 pm
Fuzzy
Full mod

Sure you could edit the ROMs, but you couldn't do anything with them. I meant when flashcards/emulators exist so that hacked games can be played.
Posted on 01-28-12, 01:55 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Given how long it took NSMB Wii to be hacked, It shouldn't take long at all. Until (New Super Mario Bros. Thrii, Super Mario 2D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 3D, whatever you want to call it for now.) actually becomes playable on an emulator or a flashcart though, it will be pointless unfortunately.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 01-28-12, 04:22 am (rev. 1)
Birdo

Its like NSMBWII on the go and in 3d.

Really looking forward this one

I hope by this year, a flashcard for a 3ds could get released...

Hacking this game would be awesome!

(I bet that the name will definitively be New super mario bros 3d )

Posted on 01-28-12, 06:29 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Posted by gridatttack
Its like NSMBWII on the go and in 3d.

Really looking forward this one

I hope by this year, a flashcard for a 3ds could get released...

Hacking this game would be awesome!

(I bet that the name will definitively be New super mario bros 3d )

That sounds like the best option Nintendo would pick. I hope this one will have the ability to play as Miis, like in the "New Super Mario Bros. Mii" Tech Demo for the Wii U.

That is why I think it should be "New Super Mario Bros. Thrii", because after all, it is the third NSMB.

But then again, it could take a whole new direction. Think about it, When Nintendo revealed that an original 3D Mario game was being made for 3DS, we had no idea Nintendo would bring in 3D Land. So if they are making a 2D Mario for 3DS, it may very well be a 2D Mario that plays like a 3D Mario, the Vice Versa of SM3DL. It would be interesting to see an official 2D Mario like Super Mario 63.
Posted on 01-28-12, 10:45 am
Paratroopa
banned for uploading a ROM to the uploader

Since: 12-17-11
Cool looks like Mario Bros. Wii but they really should make Mario's look less than NSMBWii so it could look like

unique just like NSMB look Mario's appearance in NSMB and NSMBWii compare them but I really hope that the Mega

Mushroom would return and also the Blue Shell those WERE strong power ups but I think Nintendo would make them

rare to see them in levels because of there power this will make the game GOOD and "play-worthy".
Posted on 01-28-12, 03:27 pm
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
I wonder why it's look very close to NSMBW?
But nice!

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Posted on 01-28-12, 04:10 pm
Banned for being a complete idiot.

Since: 07-09-11
If we're going to make an editor, we're going to make it in Python 3 and PyQT 4.9 right?
Because I can't stand Mono and .NET.
(Or does that mean I will be the only one developing the editor...? )
Posted on 01-28-12, 10:02 pm (rev. 1)
Porcupo
Did you win the game?

Nahh, If I were to write an editor I'd write it in C++ + SDL/Allegro, that is completely cross platform and is extremely powerful due to the C part of it...

Plus many people here already know C/C++ (Dirbaio,[CENSORED BY PIPA],ray,Mega-Mario)
AND... C/C++ (raw C/C++, no librarys) easily relates to ASM so porting functions from the DS wouldn't be tooooo hard...
Posted by ELMario
(Or does that mean I will be the only one developing the editor...? )

Yep! xD

Anyway, this looks really cool, just hope that it actually does look 3D-ish.
Posted on 01-29-12, 01:27 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

I'd like to note to you all that the Screenshot in the Article is from NSMBW. It's just there as an example. There are no screenshots yet
Posted on 01-30-12, 04:14 am
Paratroopa
banned for uploading a ROM to the uploader

Since: 12-17-11
Correction that screenshot was from the BETA NSMBWii Blue Toad's icon should be on the right and Yellow

Toad's icon should be on the left they should really find an appropriate screenshot.
Posted on 04-10-12, 01:49 am (rev. 1 by  MarioFanatic64 on 04-10-12, 01:49 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

New Possible Info!!

Nintendo have registered a new website titled http://www.supermario4.com/. Although it redirects you to Nintendo's country selector for now, it could very well be the title of the only SMB game currently in development.

So, does this mean Super Mario Bros. 4? We'll just have to wait until E3.

I'm going to update the first post with all the info we have so far.
Posted on 04-10-12, 06:14 am
Tananananana~ That's Life Experience!

Since: 07-18-11
But wasn't Super Mario Bros. 4 Super Mario... World? I know the name was changed in the development and all, but it was still.. you know. The spiritual sequel.

..I suppose it makes sense. I just hope it's not all.. retro. it need to be something new and not more of the same. It needs to be a TRUE Super Mario Bros. Sequel. Just like SMB3 was to SMB, and SMW to that. This should do a lot more, enough of the retro-throwback crap.

Posted on 04-10-12, 08:18 am (rev. 1 by  MarioFanatic64 on 04-10-12, 08:18 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Posted by Tana~
But wasn't Super Mario Bros. 4 Super Mario... World? I know the name was changed in the development and all, but it was still.. you know. The spiritual sequel.

True. Infact, Super Mario World is stil subtitled Super Mario Bros. 4 in Japan. But as it wasn't named SMB4 in any other regions, we could just have another Lost Levels/Super Mario USA situation. Meaning it will probably have a different name in Japan, but everywhere else it will be called Super Mario Bros. 4. Because we couldn't have a "Super Mario Bros. 5" when #4 doesn't technically exist anywhere other than Japan.

Problem Solved.

EDIT: Now you mention it, Miyamoto always said he wanted to remake Super Mario World for 3DS. We know that this game couldn't be a remake as it's "completely original", but it could be a game heavily inspired by Super Mario World. Maybe this game would have similar level design/world maps/secrets to SMW...

I know %99 of Mario fans would be waiting to see another game like that...

Time to speculate theories in the OP.
Posted on 04-10-12, 12:59 pm
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
I hope the new game contains some elements from SMB3 and SMW. Missed them.
And I hope Nintendo continue making these great, valuable games. <3

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Posted on 04-11-12, 04:49 am
Birdo

Posted by MARIOFANATIC64
New Possible Info!!

Nintendo have registered a new website titled http://www.supermario4.com/. Although it redirects you to Nintendo's country selector for now, it could very well be the title of the only SMB game currently in development.

So, does this mean Super Mario Bros. 4? We'll just have to wait until E3.

I'm going to update the first post with all the info we have so far.

Well, this is interesting. Just for the record, in beta phase, SMW was actually called super mario bros 4.

Posted on 04-11-12, 07:36 pm
Tananananana~ That's Life Experience!

Since: 07-18-11
Actually, it'd be amazing to see some semi-nonlinear 2D gameplay inspired by SMW. Heck, if the game has as much content as SMW did (Many levels, many secrets, huge nonlinear overworld and special worlds) then it'd be a huge step in the right direction. Of course, it'd be nice if the game had some sort of driving story that doesn't involve saving captured princesses... I also think that Nintendo should take a few things from the Super Mario land games, because... 3D Land, despite the name, was more 3D Bros if you know what I mean..

Completely original sounds great, can't wait to see some new worlds and enemies, as opposed to the ones we've seen for decades now. (I don't want to see another classic goomba, ever again....)

Posted on 04-13-12, 03:58 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

New theory added to the first post. That's 5 theories now, and I'd be happy to see any one of them.
Pages: 12345 »