Pages: « 1234567 »
Posted on 07-05-23, 06:08 pm (rev. 1 by  Rph on 07-05-23, 06:09 pm)
Snifit
Don't click here

Since: 03-12-23
Posted by crook
nah the music I already added is pretty good. maybe we could implement a timer for fire Mario?

I think not.

I'm making New Mini Super Mario Bros. as member of the Nitro Team (with  crook,  Digital Cheese,  RetroAleXD and  Mr. Ztardust). You can download the patch here or contribute.

Join the team #HackingNoMore
Posted on 07-05-23, 06:11 pm (rev. 1 by  crook on 07-05-23, 06:14 pm)
Panser
I like goombas.

Since: 11-07-22
hmm, well we are gonna need a reference to Mario galaxy, maybe power stars?

and were gonna need the custom nsmb blocks that look like the modern ones, as well as custom nsmbu pipes that can be found in the nsmbu/Wii tileset thread?

This text is centered!

I'm working on a rom hack with Digital Cheese, Rph, Mr. Ztardust and RetroAleXD. Go
here to download the work in progress patch, or go
here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 07-05-23, 07:53 pm
Snifit
Don't click here

Posted by crook
hmm, well we are gonna need a reference to Mario galaxy, maybe power stars?

and were gonna need the custom nsmb blocks that look like the modern ones, as well as custom nsmbu pipes that can be found in the nsmbu/Wii tileset thread?

I like the DS blocks, but for the rest I don't care. I just wanted to put Ice Mario theme beacause it's one of the awesomest themes I heard.

We should also add newer team's speed blocks (used in 6-5, Runbow Road) to make Mario Kart style levels.

Oh, and do you know how to change music in NSMBe music mod? I don't know if there is a thread about this.

I'm making New Mini Super Mario Bros. as member of the Nitro Team (with  crook,  Digital Cheese,  RetroAleXD and  Mr. Ztardust). You can download the patch here or contribute.

Posted on 07-06-23, 07:03 am (rev. 4 by  crook on 07-06-23, 07:11 am)
Panser
I like goombas.

its hard, you need a lot of .dll files, a lot of patience and a specific nds rom browser.

we're gonna need the story, such as,

One day, Mario was walking with peach. But then, all of a sudden, he is ambushed by bowser, and launched all the way to the (insert kingdom name) kingdom. Maybe the flower kingdom, or the water kingdom or something

we're also gonna need custom blocks, but keep nsmbds styled bgs a similar way that newer does it

or have Sherry_'s sunshine sprite model?

and also, I'm sorry im not able to constantly work on this, or even regularly, Im going to summer camp, and I can work more on weekends

This text is centered!

I'm working on a rom hack with Digital Cheese, Rph, Mr. Ztardust and RetroAleXD. Go
here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 07-06-23, 01:47 pm
Snifit
Goomba's run the world...

Since: 08-27-20
Posted by crook
So world 1 could be a rocky beach - smb3 w1 music
world 3 could be a ghost island with a hurricane around it - Luigi's mansion music?

I already did that for my hacks world 3, If you made it like land locked or something where your in a ghost village on an island or something maybe that would be more original

Current Hack Progress
World 1 - Complete
World 2 - W2 Castle
World 3 -
World 4 -
World 5 -
World 6 -
World 7 -
World 8 -

Game's Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqA5CgsW-CTfD56DCa2kvYw/channels
Posted on 07-06-23, 04:48 pm
Panser
I like goombas.

maybe

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 07-07-23, 12:01 pm
Snifit
Don't click here

I'll start hacking monday

Posted on 07-14-23, 07:53 am (rev. 2 by  Rph on 07-14-23, 11:33 am)
Snifit
Don't click here

Idea of scenario for the beginning:

"Mario & Luigi were on the toilets when the princess was kidnapped, one more time. They should really mind about the castle's defence."

Srry if I did a mistake.

(edit) How to shift MvsL battle star 1/2 block right? Is there an ASM hack who does this?

Posted on 07-15-23, 02:03 am
Fuzzy
That MvL Hacker

Since: 04-11-15
There's not currently a way to do this

Consider joining the NSMB DS Hacking Discord Server!

#HakingNoMore
Posted on 07-15-23, 08:46 am (rev. 4 by  crook on 07-17-23, 11:23 am)
Panser
I like goombas.

Unless we use the video as intro thing

For the hacks, we all have to decide what we do. I do music and tile sets, Rph does levels, and DC does backgrounds
(He already agreed on it)

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 07-15-23, 11:14 am (rev. 2 by  Rph on 07-15-23, 11:27 am)
Snifit
Don't click here

Ok.

I hacked one battle map, I'll start a second one. For musics, I have some I wanted to send, and I'll do it after hacking (I have some problems with NitroStudio) in the .zip file with the rom patch.

Can you add Newer Team's speed blocks (on Runbow Road) to tileset 0, for Mario Kart races (Like 2-A, on W2 Mushroom Gorge)?

Oh and you should really play this game where I'm porting MvsL stages (where I need specific tilesets, I'm gonna talk about later).

Posted on 07-16-23, 12:20 pm (rev. 2 by  crook on 07-17-23, 11:48 am)
Panser
I like goombas.

imma do 1-1. Im thinking it could be a beach level? world 1 could be beach themed

And once one of you guys have made a level, add it to a zip file and attach it to a post and ill add it to a slot

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 07-23-23, 06:55 am
Panser
I like goombas.

So quick reminder, Rph, levels. Me, editing and misc. DC, Backgrounds and textures

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 07-27-23, 08:44 am
Snifit
Don't click here

The first patch (I don't count the music one) is here! You can do battles on NSMB online Jungle map, and try a race in 2-A! Good luck for the secret exit!

Current link here

Can somebody test 2-A in a DS? My emulator runs at 10 fps, so the level could be really hard with a correct speed.

I'll be in vacation until the 13 August, and then I can't hack during a week, but I can see ur messages.

So... good luck for testing!

Posted on 08-18-23, 12:09 pm
Snifit
Don't click here

New ideas:

Posted on 08-23-23, 11:51 am (rev. 2 by  Rph on 08-23-23, 01:08 pm)
Snifit
Don't click here

And please can you do a temple tileset and send me your 1-1?

Posted on 09-03-23, 03:44 pm (rev. 3 by  crook on 09-03-23, 04:07 pm)
Panser
I like goombas.

Posted by Rph
New ideas:

Wha- Why NOT hotel mario?

(edit:) Also, if i havent told you before, for some strange reason, all the data on my mac got wiped for absolutely no reason. (its happened before) so ive had to reinstall everything. it just, didnt exist anymore when i turned it on one day, so its gone. Ive got to restart from the beginning now. Im currently downloading patches and music and i sent you the tilesets.

also, we're not gonna be using sseq's. we'll be using nwavs and imported music.

im going to be redoing the logo to make it a nsmbds compatible format

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 10-01-23, 09:34 pm
Panser
I like goombas.

I’ve got no clue anymore

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 10-20-23, 07:31 pm (rev. 9 by  Rph on 10-26-23, 07:21 pm)
Snifit
Don't click here

So,

it's been a while, and I need to design goods levels. But I'll restart hacking next week, beacause it's VACATION !

Also for themes I remixed many new ones, I think I'll send them all and you say the ones you like.

(Edit) I'll do a diary where I'll put everything done those days.

25/10/23 Started 1-3, a level with waterfalls (I had this idea [i]before[/i] I saw Mario Bros Wonder trailer). I imported your beach tileset and the airship one instead of the tower one. I also on added the Jyotyu tileset the other door model from map16 and I added the crystal thing from Super Mario 64 (in Wet-Dry world). I think, crook, you should import your levels on my version and not the opposite.

26/10/23 Continued 1-3, where I discovered the player can swim in air by going off the waterfall with some conditions. I added spike sprites who doen't work to jyotyu and improved original grassland tileset. I'll send you jyotyu tomorrow, I don't have files right there (I code on a Windows and write on a Linux I shouldn't bring).

Posted on 11-04-23, 09:59 pm
Snifit
Don't click here

New release here, with new levels and improved grassland and jyotyu tilesets. You can see them in 1-1.

Can somebody check why my "or" ("/") dosen't appear?

Pages: « 1234567 »