Posted on 02-24-24, 02:41 pm
Red Paratroopa
Unfortunately, where there is light, there is dark. Where there's a Star, there's a Ztar!

Since: 02-02-24
Do you also want me to include Slippery Ice Tilesets?

My YouTube Channel

I'm also working on a hack in collaboration with  crook,  Rph,  Digital Cheese and  RetroAleXD. Check out this thread for updates.
Posted on 02-24-24, 03:34 pm
Panser
I like goombas.

Since: 11-07-22
Sure, why not!

This text is centered!

I'm working on a rom hack with Digital Cheese, Rph, Mr. Ztardust and RetroAleXD. Go
here to download the work in progress patch, or go
here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 02-24-24, 03:40 pm
Red Paratroopa
Unfortunately, where there is light, there is dark. Where there's a Star, there's a Ztar!

Then, I'll start working on them :)

My YouTube Channel

I'm also working on a hack in collaboration with  crook,  Rph,  Digital Cheese and  RetroAleXD. Check out this thread for updates.
Posted on 02-24-24, 04:18 pm
Panser
I like goombas.

Thanks! I’ll start with it asm, what do you think I should include?

This text is centered!

I'm working on a rom hack with Digital Cheese, Rph, Mr. Ztardust and RetroAleXD. Go
here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 02-24-24, 04:22 pm (rev. 1 by  Mr. Ztardust on 02-24-24, 04:28 pm)
Red Paratroopa

I don't know much about ASM, but I would suggest the Level previews and the patch that allows you to add more songs to the game in case you want to add many songs, are you guys using streamed music? I can give ideas for music as well

My YouTube Channel

Posted on 02-24-24, 04:52 pm
Snifit
Don't click here

Since: 03-12-23
Posted by Mr. Ztardust
I don't know much about ASM, but I would suggest the Level previews?

I had the same idea.

Posted by Mr. Ztardust
and the patch that allows you to add more songs to the game in case you want to add many songs, are you guys using streamed music? I can give ideas for music as well

I forgot this one  crook. And of course you can submit ideas, that's the objective of this thread.

I'm making New Mini Super Mario Bros. as member of the Nitro Team (with  crook,  Digital Cheese,  RetroAleXD and  Mr. Ztardust). You can download the patch here or contribute.

Join the team #HackingNoMore
Posted on 02-24-24, 05:03 pm
Red Paratroopa

Posted by Rph
And of course you can submit ideas, that's the objective of this thread.

Well, I was thinking that we can use this song for Rushing Rapids:

But removing the "Yeah's", I dont know if you can make that.

This one for Snowy Savannah:

And this one for some City stages:

This song is actually a remix of a song from a NES game, but it's just a suggestion tho.

My YouTube Channel

Posted on 02-24-24, 05:19 pm (rev. 1 by  crook on 02-24-24, 05:23 pm)
Panser
I like goombas.

We are not using palm tree panic. I’ve already got an overworld theme
And we’re making our own remixes of multiple songs, first rph sequences em and converts them to wavs, I add them to the Dropbox and then add them to the game. Also unfortunately more music slots doesn’t work with streamed music. Streamed music only works with the default ds slots, unless one of us were to modify the player on some way, which would take too long and wouldn’t be worth it, and we’d need deep asm knowledge

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 02-24-24, 06:03 pm
Red Paratroopa

Posted by crook
We are not using palm tree panic. I’ve already got an overworld theme
And we’re making our own remixes of multiple songs, first rph sequences em and converts them to wavs, I add them to the Dropbox and then add them to the game. Also unfortunately more music slots doesn’t work with streamed music. Streamed music only works with the default ds slots, unless one of us were to modify the player on some way, which would take too long and wouldn’t be worth it, and we’d need deep asm knowledge

I didn't know that, anyway, if you'd like to import "deep ASM hacks" I suggest it would be better to know exactly wich improvements we want into the hack instead of importing ASM hacks like crazy, for the moment I suggest the "level previews" so we can also add the world names that we have planned on the bottom screen, and the "add more songs to the game" so each world has an unique theme, instead of just repeating songs in many levels like in regular NSMB games, that would be very monotone in my opinion. We need to be creative if we want this hack to be good, most of the ASM Patches in this Forum have been used in many hacks and creating new ASM hacks would take ages. Also, you guys can make remixes of the songs that I suggested, you don't necessarily have to use streamed music

My YouTube Channel

Posted on 02-24-24, 08:50 pm (rev. 3 by  crook on 02-24-24, 08:55 pm)
Panser
I like goombas.

streamed music / level intros is all we're gonna do for "deep" hacks. I still cannot figure out how to get the templates to work. I patched a rom successfully, but it didnt work? I have no clue.

for streamed music, im tempted to just patch a rom with the gameratorT's xdelta, then call it a day

and streamed music honestly is what i think is the way to go. we can make high quality music, as well as hear it in hq and not be limited by soundbanks

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 02-24-24, 08:56 pm
Red Paratroopa

Also, I think IllyCat made an ASM patch for Spin Jump (like in NSMBWii) maybe we should include that as well (?)

My YouTube Channel

Posted on 02-24-24, 08:57 pm (rev. 1 by  crook on 02-24-24, 08:57 pm)
Panser
I like goombas.

Why not? We could add asm as soon as i figure it out

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 02-24-24, 08:59 pm (rev. 2 by  Mr. Ztardust on 02-24-24, 09:02 pm)
Red Paratroopa

Oh well, I think you should try with more calm and patience, I'd really like to help but I have zero knowledge about ASM Hacking , also, what do you think of the Tilesets I sent you? The sunflower doesn't convince me at all

My YouTube Channel

Posted on 02-24-24, 09:03 pm
Panser
I like goombas.

Its great! I cant respond to you via pm probably because of the "." in your name, since it says "Unknown User Mr. Ztardust"

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 02-24-24, 09:05 pm
Red Paratroopa

Rph told me about that too and honestly I don't know why it happens... anyway, I'm still working on many Tilesets, I should post them all here in one or two days, you guys will love them

My YouTube Channel

Posted on 02-24-24, 09:07 pm
Panser
I like goombas.

I'm sure we will . Do you think I should ask someone in the Discord about applying ASM?

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 02-24-24, 09:10 pm (rev. 1 by  Mr. Ztardust on 02-24-24, 09:13 pm)
Red Paratroopa

You could try, maybe somebody there can help you, I hope so. I think maybe we'll need somebody else here who could help us with ASM

My YouTube Channel

Posted on 02-24-24, 09:49 pm
Snifit
Don't click here

Could you send here a patch of the ROM with ASM?

Thanks!

I'm making New Mini Super Mario Bros. as member of the Nitro Team (with  crook,  Digital Cheese,  RetroAleXD and  Mr. Ztardust). You can download the patch here or contribute.

Posted on 02-24-24, 10:16 pm
Panser
I like goombas.

The problem is I don’t have it since I can’t get any patch templates to work, and won’t be able to use discord until qt least April

This text is centered!

here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 02-25-24, 10:25 am
Snifit
Don't click here

Posted by crook
The problem is I don’t have it since I can’t get any patch templates to work, and won’t be able to use discord until qt least April

XDelta doesn't work?