Pages: 1
Posted on 04-04-21, 01:09 am (rev. 1 by  alpha on 04-04-21, 01:09 am)
The boy who always has something up his sleeve

Since: 02-01-21
I want to know if someone knows how to edit them, so that they can explain to me, because I want to place the star coin design, of the New Super Mario Bros Wii, please help me

Posted on 04-04-21, 06:50 am
Porcupo
I do things sometimes

Since: 08-07-17
the model for the star coin is coin.nsbmd and the model for the collected star coin is blie_coin.nsbmd. theyre both in the enemies folder. coin.nsbmd is also lz77 compressed with header while blie_coin.nsbmd doesnt seem to be compressed at all.
Posted on 04-04-21, 01:32 pm
The boy who always has something up his sleeve

Since: 02-01-21
the file came out but the image is so small that I can't edit it, but thanks

Posted on 07-07-23, 11:02 pm
Newcomer

Since: 04-20-23
Posted by alpha
the file came out but the image is so small that I can't edit it, but thanks

IDK if you still need the help, but I changed the Starcoins in my hack and it worked just fine. I can just change urs too if you'd send me the rom/patch But yeah only if you still need it (PM me if you)
Posted on 07-07-23, 11:35 pm (rev. 1 by  subair on 07-07-23, 11:36 pm)
Paragoomba

Since: 03-04-19
Beginner-friendly (just modelling): Same as others. Export to dae with apicula -> import dae in Bledner (atleast 2.8) or Maya2011 with NNS Plugins -> edit the mesh without touching the armature or create new mesh and assign the same armature to it (if you have experience with blender already you'll know what to do) -> export imd -> convert to nsbmd

Advanced (shading effect of the star coin): The usage of the texture is a bit more complex than usual. I'm not sure if the NSMBW star coin works the same way but I assume it does and it doesn't hurt to add this info. Anyway, it doesn't work just by uv wrapping it on the model. Btw you can only use Maya2011 for that shading effect as far as I know. It's used for textures that are supposed to create a mettalic appearance on models with a hightlight that stays at the same place all the time (like the spiked ball for example). You'll have to set the matrix values (I think they are called that way) to smth like:
1 0
0 1
and enable another setting, which I'll explain in more detail if you get to that step (just reply here). Sounds complicated but it's not. Just two additional things you have to do.
*Input the values I've mentioned above
*Enable a setting

That's pretty much it.
Pages: 1