Pages: 1
Posted on 08-10-16, 08:57 pm
Goomba
banned for being too dumb

Since: 08-06-16
Since I'm new in the community hacks want to know if anyone can tell me how to add or replace enemies to place new, I have a shy guy who Feds look for goomba and everything looks green and pixelated
Posted on 08-10-16, 09:48 pm

Since: 02-29-16
You can for example edit the sprites.
Posted on 08-10-16, 10:35 pm (rev. 3 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:22 am)

Since: 02-02-15
Using Shy Guy in your personal-use level - Newbie Way:
If you just want show the Shy Guy on your personal use level, there is a very simple newbie way to work with this sprite. It's was used and improved to DS in 2011 for Ray and Freeze, on the NSHB (New Super Hack Bros) game.

Steps:
1. Enter in the site of Ray and Freeze *here*.
2. Choose the USA link. Download the ".rar".
3. Extract it. You will see an NMP file.
4. Open your NSMB Editor. Open a clean and fresh original USA room.
5. Go to "Tools" option. Click on Import Patch.
6. Find the NMP file and open it. Wait import finish.

The "jump of the cat":
Now here is the "jump of the cat". Play the first level. You will see the red and happy Shy Guys.
But When you open the level on editor, you will just see simple Goombas! It' means your Goombas are Shy Guys, ok? Use this hack to create your personal-use levels (*).

Pics: The Shy Guys in the level. And how these looks in editor.

[] -P

(*)If you plan to share your levels with these characters, do not forget to give credit to the authors of the initial hack.
Posted on 08-10-16, 11:28 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:22 am)
Goomba
banned for being too dumb

Since: 08-06-16
Posted by pinet
Using Shy Guy in your personal-use level - Newbie Way:
If you just want show the Shy Guy on your personal use level, there is a very simple newbie way to work with this sprite. It's was used and improved to DS in 2011 for Ray and Freeze, on the NSHB (New Super Hack Bros) game.

Steps:
1. Enter in the site of Ray and Freeze *here*.
2. Choose the USA link. Download the ".rar".
3. Extract it. You will see an NMP file.
4. Open your NSMB Editor. Open a clean and fresh original USA room.
5. Go to "Tools" option. Click on Import Patch.
6. Find the NMP file and open it. Wait import finish.

The "jump of the cat":
Now here is the "jump of the cat". Play the first level. You will see the red and happy Shy Guys.
But When you open the level on editor, you will just see simple Goombas! It' means your Goombas are Shy Guys, ok? Use this hack to create your personal-use levels (*).

Pics: The Shy Guys in the level. And how these looks in editor.

[] -P

(*)If you plan to share your levels with these characters, do not forget to give credit to the authors of the initial hack.

Thanks friend!
Posted on 08-11-16, 01:09 am
Mariomaster

Since: 06-09-12
Wow. Those look really shitty
Posted on 08-11-16, 02:06 am
Roy Koopa

Since: 06-26-11
Posted by Mariomaster
Wow. Those look really shitty

I know right? Those were drawn in the NCG editor itself, back when exporting and reimporting images was broken and buggy as hell haha
Posted on 08-12-16, 12:42 pm
Banned for being a complete retard.

Since: 02-25-16
In time, for me, I like the old Ray's Shy Guy texture. It's simple, compatible, and works.

Skawo made a good work, remodeling the Splunking sprite. But you will need some advanced ASM knowledge to implement it.

Just for reference, the thread speaking about this is here.

Good luck.
Posted on 08-12-16, 01:25 pm

Since: 04-02-13
But you will need some advanced ASM knowledge to implement it.

...you require precisely 0 knowledge about ASM. The only thing you need to be able to do is reading.

You really love doing giant necrobumps...
Posted on 08-12-16, 02:28 pm (rev. 1 by  Luluca on 08-12-16, 02:39 pm)

And the only thing some people need to be able, is read better too, and stop interpretations a l'aise of text without understand the context, and ask first: USE is one thing. Implement a new enemy sprite creation is other effort.

I'm pretty sure that Shy Guy doesn't pop up on that solution just blinking the eyes. Unless the programmer is Dreaming with Jeannie...

If yes, someone share Jeannie for us too (for I punch that stereotype face of servant and silly woman from that 60's tv series...)
Posted on 08-12-16, 02:51 pm
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
But why make a new shy guy sprite when skawo has already made a new setting for the Splunkin? You don't need ASM knowledge to import that hack - just reading and decent computer skills.
Posted on 08-12-16, 03:33 pm (rev. 1 by  skawo on 08-12-16, 03:36 pm)

Since: 04-02-13
Posted by Luluca
And the only thing some people need to be able, is read better too, and stop interpretations a l'aise of text without understand the context, and ask first: USE is one thing. Implement a new enemy sprite creation is other effort.

I'm pretty sure that Shy Guy doesn't pop up on that solution just blinking the eyes. Unless the programmer is Dreaming with Jeannie...

If yes, someone share Jeannie for us too (for I punch that stereotype face of servant and silly woman from that 60's tv series...)

Implement
verb
to fulfill; perform; carry out, to put into effect.

Implement =/= program.
Putting a shy guy into the game, whether you programmed it yourself or not is precisely implementing them into it.
Posted on 08-12-16, 03:48 pm

I agree...
If the user just want use, import is the solution.
But if the user want really new things, that's other problem...
Pages: 1