Pages: 1
Posted on 02-12-15, 07:48 am (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:13 am)
Boomboom

Since: 06-28-11
(Name of the hack is obviously not final, but im starting to like this one, as I am to provide themes that arent common in MK games )

Figured id share it here too.

This is a hack of Super Mario Kart I have been working on the past month after picking up my past dead SMK hack of 2010.

New content include:
-Brand new themes: all themes (minus rainbow road) will be replaced.
-24 new tracks: All tracks will be changed, including the 4 battle tracks.
-New graphics: to suit with the new themes. BGs, some road tiles and palettes will be changed to accommodate the new themes. Im also planning to edit the menu, podium, title screen,icon etc. graphics.

Current Progress:
-All new themes have been decided.
3 new themes are complete.

5 themes have already their main road palette and extra road tiles changed; just missing the new BG.

-Completed tracks
Mushroom cup - 5/5
Flower cup - 3/5
Star cup - 3/5
Special cup 4/5
Battle tracks - 4/4

Total - 19/24

Videos:
Sparkle Oasis 1
Raceway 1 (outdated, see pics for current version)
Jungle Ruins 1
Evening Isles 1

I will try to keep you updated with new videos and screens.

Posted on 02-12-15, 02:03 pm
Wendy Koopa
Once upon a time there was a tiger.

Since: 01-17-13
Nice. I like the Rainbow Road arena.
Posted on 03-01-16, 08:41 am
Boomboom

Yeah, I always thought the idea of a Rainbow Road arena would be cool.

Speaking of Rainbow Road, I uploaded a video showcasing the Rainbow Road for this hack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyxSoeugXeI

Posted on 08-26-17, 05:50 pm
Boomboom

Here's a new track and theme I uploaded today.
Figured it's bettet to show all the tracks than not releasing anything at all soon.

Posted on 08-26-17, 08:21 pm
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
That track looks really nice even though I'm not a fan of the old Super Mario Kart ^^
But why only one item box? Two would suit the length of the track a bit better in my opinion.

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 08-27-17, 12:08 am
Boomboom

Posted by Arceus
That track looks really nice even though I'm not a fan of the old Super Mario Kart ^^
But why only one item box? Two would suit the length of the track a bit better in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback!

And I actually tried to make that a standard in all the tracks, but I can't due to the limitations of the game. Making 2 item areas means more items will be generated. This can cause that on the third or second lap (depending on the items the CPU throws), they are many items on the stage, and they start disappearing when you use another ( in 2 player races, this is a huge issue since it happens earlier), so I decided to stick, for the most part, the 1 item area on the track, like the original Nintendo tracks do.

Some other tracks I made still have that 1 or extra item box later on the track.

Posted on 08-27-17, 11:49 am
Administrator

Since: 06-09-12
Your custom track looks really good
Esp I like the background.

Regarding items: Can't you simply put less items in the first item area and instead put some later in the track? The only problem I see with that is that players who are in front have a higher chance to get items, but I'd prefer that over having one item only per round.
Posted on 08-27-17, 02:51 pm
Pokey
Status: Debating on whether I should be doing serious stuff or watching anime.

Since: 02-12-16
Yay! It's not canceled!

Posted on 08-27-17, 08:22 pm
Boomboom

Posted by RicBent
Your custom track looks really good
Esp I like the background.

Regarding items: Can't you simply put less items in the first item area and instead put some later in the track? The only problem I see with that is that players who are in front have a higher chance to get items, but I'd prefer that over having one item only per round.

Hmmm, well its the same problem due to being many items. Though even I have to agree that 1 item per lap is frustrating. I'll see what I can do to existing tracks to add more item boxes in other places. maybe I can add 4 more item boxes so in 2 player modes there are at least 2 laps where you can get multiple items, since the standard area where item boxes are, they should have 10 at least.

Posted by poudink
Yay! It's not canceled!

It was never cancelled haha. I guess it was abandoned.
I think my problem is that I need to finish the remaining backgrounds, since the tracks left are from incomplete backgrounds/themes which I haven't decided yet, so I'll be working into that.

Pages: 1