Pages: 12 »
Posted on 01-17-14, 08:20 pm (rev. 18 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:40 am)
All aboard the RandomTests train!

Since: 05-01-12
Welcome to the World of Pokémon... erm the New Super Mario Bros. Hacking Domain IRC channel! -- http://nsmbhd.net/

I decided to make a small experiment, and make a small playthrough of the old game Pokémon Platinum. This is my first run, so I don't know what to expect, but I'm sure it will be fun. I already played Pokémon Diamond, but playing third version could be an interesting experiment. Also, Featherland needs the threads that actually represent the community, as opposed to, dunno, plain randomness .

Why not Pokémon XY, you may ask. Well, the reason is that  TRS is already making a playthrough of it. But honestly, I think that older games also deserve a playthrough, so what about a simple screenshoted playthrough? Besides, I'm somewhat wondering about your reactions about it - consider this to be an experiment.

So, yes, let's begin. You don't want to read walls of text, do you? I will try to faint Pokémons as little as possible, but I think this may be difficult, especially with critical hits being overpowered, and this being a blind playthrough. So no Nuzlockes, but who knows, perhaps I will do this perfectly.

In this episode, not much will happen, but may as well upload it, because you surely want to see beginnings, don't you? It may be on somewhat long side, but almost everything is skippable. At end, I'm asking for a starter choice.

Posted on 01-17-14, 08:59 pm (rev. 1 by  Ermelber on 01-17-14, 09:04 pm)
Goomba

Since: 07-29-12
Call it Ermii! XD (and choose Chimchar )

Do the Impossible, See the Invisible!

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Useful Links:

Ermii Kart DS | Wiki Page
Posted on 01-17-14, 10:19 pm
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
Lol. As I was younger I made an internet site with exactly the same content. Just with Pokémon Black

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 01-18-14, 02:08 am
Pokey
me some orange juice my hand

Since: 09-24-12
Sometime when I played pokemon Pearl, I called "friend" (polari in this case) fucker. No polari, you're not a fucker, lol.

How about you pick chimchar and name it OVER9000?
Posted on 01-18-14, 08:23 am
Paragoomba

Since: 11-26-12
It'd be interesting if you chose the forgotten starter of the generation, as in Turtwig. Chimchar and Piplup are pretty overrated.

"A long dispute means that both parties are wrong" - The Amphilogiai

Posted on 01-18-14, 08:52 am (rev. 3 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:40 am)

Posted by Arceus
Lol. As I was younger I made an internet site with exactly the same content. Just with Pokémon Black

You mean, a playthrough? Well, I guess image playthroughs of Pokémon games are really common. There is even a community that makes them, for Pokémon games.

Posted by py_hacker
Sometime when I played pokemon Pearl, I called "friend" (polari in this case) fucker. No polari, you're not a fucker, lol.

How about you pick chimchar and name it OVER9000?

Seriously, this comic is great. Too bad it rarely updates (enough said, it just left Mt. Moon, after 5 years).

Posted by Polari
It'd be interesting if you chose the forgotten starter of the generation, as in Turtwig. Chimchar and Piplup are pretty overrated.

It's probably because of its design (Turtle? Seriously?), and the fact it's rather weak, and to be honest, Turtwig is probably the worst starter. Fire monkey is cool - and Fighting type is not bad after evolution (it could battle against fully evolved Empoleon). Even penguin is cool, and it's even cooler when you find out that Empoleon is Steel type. But Turtwig? It's just a turtle. All it gets is Ground type, which just adds more weakness (and immunity to Electric, the type it was already resistant to). And resistance to Rock, but that's a type that almost nobody uses in the game itself (as opposed to competetive battling), but perhaps it's different in Platinum (as I said, it's blind playthrough). It's also REALLY slow, so it would often move second. I think it's the slowest of all starter Pokémons, in fact.

As for its moves, well, other than Earthquake, it gets good moves from level 45. Before then, they are mostly awful for real battling. Then again, Piplup gets even worse moves when leveling up - but TMs do exist - and Surf itself is not a bad move. Let's just say that for Smogon, Empoleon and Infernape are OU (and Infernape is even usable in Ubers), but Torterra is UU (underused).

Then again, if I get more votes, I could play with it. It isn't a big problem, honestly.

Posted by Ermelber
Call it Ermii! XD (and choose Chimchar )

I'm still waiting for more comments. Choosing a starter is important, after all. This may seem somewhat delayed, but in the future, the next parts will be uploaded more quickly. I just wanted to make an exception for initial starter choice. The game is long, after all, so I shouldn't waste lots of time to make this playthrough.
Posted on 01-19-14, 10:07 am (rev. 6 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:41 am)

I guess it's finally time to pick a Pokémon, considering this thread became somewhat inactive. I got 1 vote for Turtwig, and 2 votes for Chimchar. Sorry, Polari.

Posted on 01-20-14, 04:14 pm (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:42 am)

First of all, I attempted to make a script that would make images smaller. It failed, but at least the results were fixable (By using rm *-1.png. Yay for using scripts in order to fix scripts. Then again, I could also argue it's an intentional feature, in case I would want to show second screen, or something.) This means I can continue my playthrough, without wasting my time to remove second screen, which is rarely useful in my playthrough. And I also broken order of images, but I hope I put them in the right order (next time, I'll make a script which will make sane file names.)

This time, I decided to continue from save (because I can), so I can show how loading screen looks like.

Posted on 01-20-14, 04:24 pm
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
I know you are at the beginning but are you going to do the arceus event?

I´m sorry that I can´t suggest a nickname but inventing names isn´t one of my strenghts.
But maybe you could put the single episodes into spoilers so you don´t have to scroll 5 minutes to reach the sites end.

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 01-20-14, 04:33 pm

Posted by Arceus
I know you are at the beginning but are you going to do the arceus event?

I´m sorry that I can´t suggest a nickname but inventing names isn´t one of my strenghts.
But maybe you could put the single episodes into spoilers so you don´t have to scroll 5 minutes to reach the sites end.

For me, putting posts like this in spoilers would feel strange, but I decided to do something else - table of contents in the initial post. As for Arceus event. Well, I believe it was possible to get it from events, but not anymore. The Azure Flute is unused (fun fact: HGSS recognizes Arceus from Hall of Origin, even if Azure Flute was never released - perhaps Game Freak was thinking they will release it, or something).

So, the answer is most likely no. I don't feel like cheating just to get a legendary. But perhaps I could show unused Azure Flute after finishing the game, as a bonus. I don't think it would be a big problem to cheat after beating the game. And I play on emulator anyway, so Game Freak wouldn't ban me (because I don't care if they did anyway.)
Posted on 01-21-14, 07:00 am (rev. 1 by  MarioFanatic64 on 01-21-14, 07:07 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
There's an interesting and fairly NSFW Platinum Permadeath playthrough by a guy called Siv HD on YouTube. It makes for an entertaining half-hour before his game is over.

18+ though. It has very adult commentary.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 01-21-14, 04:34 pm (rev. 3 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:43 am)

So, it continues. This episode is rather on boring side, but at least I finally nickname my Pokémon. Too bad that the Pokémon games have lots of useless text at beginning. It will get better. So, I continue in Sandgem Town, with the obligatory cutscene.

Posted on 01-22-14, 01:46 pm
Doesn't actually do anything.

Since: 10-22-12
beep boop buffer
♪♫♩♬
Posted on 01-22-14, 01:52 pm (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:43 am)

Posted by TRS
beep boop buffer

Thank you. Now that you posted, the adventure continues.

Posted on 01-22-14, 02:47 pm
Goomba

Since: 07-29-12
Ahahahaah, I love Chimchar's nick xD For Starly hmm I would propose "Uccello" (Italian for bird) :troll:

Do the Impossible, See the Invisible!

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Useful Links:

Ermii Kart DS | Wiki Page
Posted on 01-22-14, 06:35 pm
Paragoomba

Since: 11-26-12
For Starly, I'd suggest Catastor.

"A long dispute means that both parties are wrong" - The Amphilogiai

Posted on 01-23-14, 07:00 am
Knifed by Sakuya

Since: 07-03-13

A Bird needing a name?

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Zephyr (Wind)
Chatter (THE GROWL IS SO ANNOYING. One reason why i hate Starly.)
Posted on 01-24-14, 03:04 pm (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:44 am)

I apologize for the delay. I accidentally posted my password to NSMBHD on #nsmbhd chat, so I had to change it to something better. Or something.

Posted on 01-26-14, 11:44 am (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:45 am)

So, it continues, while the today's question is "who added LOTS OF IMAGES OMG!" to the topic title (not me, that's for sure).

Posted on 01-27-14, 07:14 am
Knifed by Sakuya

Since: 07-03-13

Can you put each chapter in a spoiler....
You don't know how i'm suffering because every time a image loads. The page goes down by a bit and THERE IS ALOT OF IMAGES LOADING.
Please?