Pages: 1
Posted on 07-06-11, 08:54 pm (rev. 1)
Red Paragoomba
SKJmin is a moron, so I'm SKJmoron!

Since: 06-27-11
Just want to ask if somebody has already bought this thing!

I did do it 3 weeks ago (when Zelda OoT3D came out)
Bought it for 240€ + 30€ for the game!

For me, it's the last shit ever!
My eyes were almost bleeding because of the 3DS effect!

It really hurts after 10 minutes...
Maybe I'm to old for that thing

I played the whole game wthout the effect!

ZELDA spoiler!

However, I sold my 3DS + Zelda for 200€ today...
No need for that shit...

How is your experience with this thing

~SKJmin
Posted on 07-06-11, 08:57 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
LOL
So you didn't like it?

I haven't bought one yet, but I doubt I will.
For now, it's too expensive. I maybe could afford it if I REALLY wanted, but no.

I'm still curious about the 3D effect. Some people say it makes their eyes hurt, like you, and some other people say it's awesome and it adds a lot of reality to the games. I haven't seen a 3DS yet so I dunno what will be my case.

Posted on 07-06-11, 09:07 pm (rev. 2)
Red Paragoomba

It was awesome in the beginning, you got scared by some enemies because of tthe illusionary "jump-ins", but after playing a while you really felt it in your eyes!
Your concentration went back a bit, your eyes were "red" when you looked in the mirror...

You're right it is way to expensive, but it was a must be for me, just because of Zelda... (now I'm angry to have bought it..., however sold again and lost 80 bucks xD)
Just go to a shop and try the effect out! It is facinating for the moment^^

But when you really want it, wait a bit! I'm sure Nintendo will bring another version of it like the LITE in the default DS!

I really can't believe why Miyamoto is making this shit... unbelievable! At least the LIGHT TEMPLE could be added in the game...
I think this is the reason why it pisses me off
Miyamoto said in an interview: We had to remove the LIGHT TEMPLE from the N64 alpha, because of the modul capacity... (I think he was lying )
Posted on 07-06-11, 09:12 pm
Micro-Goomba

Since: 06-29-11
You are aware that the 3D feature is optional... Right?

There's a slider on the top screen that lets you adjust the effect to your liking, or off entirely.

Just giving my piece.

As for the game, I'm not surprised in the slightest about any of that. At all.

I honestly think that when they "remake" games, they ruin them. SM64DS was a big one for me. They made the controls convolutedly difficult, and added three totally unnecessary playable characters.

I'm derailing now, so I'll stop.
Posted on 07-06-11, 09:37 pm
Micro-Goomba

Since: 07-03-11
The reason why it's so close to the original, glitches included, is because they didn't want the same backlash they got with Super Mario 64 DS. It was revealed by the development team (Grezzo) that they worked the glitches into the game on purpose, because of the mystery and talk around them. If they had simply ported the game over to 3DS, they would've used OoT v1.2, which has none of the glitches presented in 3DS. They're all the ones from the Gold Catridge (1.0).

Now I agree, this isn't a perfect remake. But what constitutes a perfect remake? There are many paths to take when making one, and no matter which is chosen, not everyone will enjoy the remake.
Posted on 07-06-11, 10:01 pm
Red Paragoomba

@Trelior
Sure, as I said, I disabled the 3d effect after a time...^^

@m64m
I just wanted the LIGHT TEMPLE...
I beat the Boss Rush, the "normal" game to 100%, and nothing...

I started MQ, but it's mirrored only, same difficulty as the GC or hacked N64version!
Yeah it seems they have used the data from the 1.0 (besides the mirror shield and the fire temple BGM)

Posted on 07-07-11, 04:09 am
Roy Koopa

Since: 06-26-11
I think the 3DS is to expensive. I'll wait one year for a new version or when the 3DS doesn't cost so much anymore. Then I will buy it. For now I will buy a DSiXL with 5 games for 130€ on tuesday next week.
Posted on 07-07-11, 09:45 am
AxewAxew

Since: 07-02-11
I'm unable to see the 3D effect at all, so I play the games in 2D.
People I have shown it to tell me that the 3D looks awesome, though.

I also have OoT3D — it didn't really impress me, it seems like they just took the N64 game, edited its code slightly to run on the 3DS, added a new menu system, applied a texture pack, and boom! Remake.
Posted on 07-07-11, 11:47 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
I have a 3DS and in my opinion... it's amazing, I don't even use the 3D much but it is clearly a huge step from the DSi.

And Zelda, was absolutely brilliant in my opinion. The graphics looked great, and I was fully satisfied with it. It was worth the $70 i payed for it. I'm happy to say that it was the first zelda game I actually had the inspiration to complete.

However, I think you have your definitions of "remake" and "update" the wrong way around. Ocarina of Time 3D was practically the same as the original because that's exactly what the developers intended, a remake is after all the same game rebuilt from the ground up for a new system, with little or no changes, hence the prefix "Re", meaning "again".
A update is an improvement from the original product, bugs get fixed and some fine details are changed, and is released for the same console as the original, and is usually gone unnoticed.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 07-07-11, 08:16 pm
Ninji
Retired staff

Since: 06-30-11
I got a 3DS on launch and have been waiting forever for good games to come out. I havent played Ocarina since highschool, when it came out (yea, I'm an oldie). Revisiting it finally was kind of disappointing. It's got a lot of problems. The lock on is terrible, there aren't that many places to explore, lots of open under-utilized space, and there's almost no direction as to where to go next.
Posted on 07-07-11, 09:05 pm (rev. 3)
Red Paragoomba

Posted by Niko
I also have OoT3D — it didn't really impress me, it seems like they just took the N64 game, edited its code slightly to run on the 3DS, added a new menu system, applied a texture pack, and boom! Remake.

You're speaking from my heart, buddy
For me, it is just a DLC, nothing more...

The 3DS itself, sure it is an improvement against the DSi, but it's still nothing mega-ordinary!
but I have to say that the GYRO-STICK was INCREDIBLE!

Best "stick" ever...really
That's the thing I liked so much, and I really had the feeling that the cross was smaller thasn the DS one (or my thumbs got fat lol)

Edit: Even Ocarina Of Time HD (fan-make looks somewhow better)
click on the options below the screen when entering the site! CELL-SHADE also available!
http://www.lanpartyguide.com/zelda/zelda64textures.html
Pages: 1