Pages: « 12
Posted on 06-24-24, 02:44 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
Unfortunately, where there is light, there is dark. Where there's a Star, there's a Ztar!

Since: 02-02-24
Thanks a lot Taco, I appreciate it, I'll keep that in mind next time I post screenshots .

I was gonna update the main post with smaller screenshots but I forgor, lol

My YouTube Channel
Posted on 06-24-24, 10:25 pm (rev. 1 by  IAmReu on 06-24-24, 10:34 pm)
Cosmic comet in orbit!

Since: 07-10-21
Just fyi you take damage as soon as you enter the boss room in 1-castle which is a bit broken

Posted on 06-24-24, 10:29 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
Unfortunately, where there is light, there is dark. Where there's a Star, there's a Ztar!

Do you mind explaining more in detail the issue? What was exactly broken?

My YouTube Channel
Posted on 06-24-24, 10:36 pm
Cosmic comet in orbit!

Since: 07-10-21
SORRY completely ignore me im just dumb. I thought you spawned in on top of a fireball when the boss room loads in the first castle but turns out i just walked into it im just bad. enjoying the hack so far!

Posted on 06-29-24, 05:16 pm (rev. 1 by  Mr. Ztardust on 06-29-24, 05:17 pm)
Red Cheep-cheep

Hello everybody! I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm looking for a great music composer, I already have a soundtrack figured out for this hack and to be honest, I've read several tutorials in here and I've tried many times, but I don't quite understand those tutorials and I always end up failing or giving up, any help would be infinitely appreciated, I apologize in advance if I'm asking too much .

Take care y'all and have a nice day

My YouTube Channel
Posted on 07-01-24, 01:22 am
Panser
CAR CRASH, GLASS SHATTERING, GOOD LORD

Since: 11-07-22
Posted by Mr. Ztardust
Hello everybody! I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm looking for a great music composer, I already have a soundtrack figured out for this hack and to be honest, I've read several tutorials in here and I've tried many times, but I don't quite understand those tutorials and I always end up failing or giving up, any help would be infinitely appreciated, I apologize in advance if I'm asking too much .

Take care y'all and have a nice day

i could help with a few more things i think

This text may or may not be centered...

I'm working on a rom hack with Rph, Mr. Ztardust and RetroAleXD. Go
here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 07-01-24, 01:35 am
Red Cheep-cheep

Posted by crook
i could help with a few more things i think

I need many songs, but not all of them are really necessary, I just need a volcano theme, a ghost house theme, and I also need songs for all 8 worldmaps, if possible, atlethic and airship songs, I know I may be asking much, but I'm really concerned about this hack's soundtrack .

Also, I figured out another volcano song that isn't grumble volcano

My YouTube Channel
Posted on 07-04-24, 03:42 am
The boy who always has something up his sleeve

Since: 02-01-21
I have tried the demo of your project and the truth is I didn't really like it but I see potential, but don't worry, I will tell you what bugs you have to fix so that this opinion changes, since the graphics of the project are some good and others just They don't fit.

but believe me if you fix the part of the interface, the star coin that is too dark and this is due to a bad import in the colors, it would be fine, on the other hand another advice that I give you is regarding the tilesets, that of placing The castle tileset with the meadow doesn't look good at all, instead I would take the grass and place it on the castle tileset or things like that.

In short, I would place a completely new tileset and configure it, this is a direct observation because there lies a large part of my displeasure with the graphics, since the game itself is relatively good but there are things that can be improved and quite a small change It makes a big difference.

And regarding the music, it's little bad, I really liked the tracks but the SoundFont of NewerDS and NSMB are completely different so you could consider placing the Overworld track with the original NSMB instrument bank, it would look better, or if you go To place the NewerDS soundFont, I would recommend changing the sound effects because the original ones with that soundfont are very annoying in my opinion.

That was my opinion about your project, don't take this as a scolding but rather as constructive criticism, your game has potential despite having bugs so don't give up and be encouraged because I know you can even if it's difficult to fix, since here each one of us has potential as the excellent developers that we are, you just have to know how to find it

Posted on 07-04-24, 10:27 am
Panser
CAR CRASH, GLASS SHATTERING, GOOD LORD

Since: 11-07-22
so that means that ive just gotta redo the overworld in the chijou-cont soundfont then?

This text may or may not be centered...

I'm working on a rom hack with Rph, Mr. Ztardust and RetroAleXD. Go
here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 07-04-24, 05:59 pm
Red Cheep-cheep

Thanks for your honest review  alpha, I can fix some of these issues, I do agree that the grassland and castle tilesets don't go well together, I guess it's because mixing NSMBU and DS tilesets it's not a good idea at all, lol, and as for the overworld theme, I didn't make it,  crook made it, and considering it uses Newer DS sounfont, I don't think it'll be really necessary to change all the sound effects just because of a single song .

On the other hand, I know it's just constructive criticism, but I don't really see how you can dislike a whole hack just because of a few graphical issues, but in any case I can fix some of them if necessary.

Again, thanks for your feedback and have a nice day

My YouTube Channel
Posted on 08-17-24, 04:21 pm
Red Cheep-cheep

Hi everyone, I'm just stopping by to let y'all know that I'm still actively working on this project, I finished 4 levels from world 3, also, I've been doing a lot of improvements to this hack, so, some screenshots from the first post are sorta outdated.

New HUD by  Keeper

I'm also remastering/redoing most tilesets since I feel most of them needed some reworking, last month I made a new custom grassland tileset (I had to redo many levels because of that )

This is how the tileset looks in game

What do you think?

My YouTube Channel
Posted on 08-17-24, 07:50 pm
Goomba
Your non-average NSMB Modder

Since: 01-14-24
gotta say that the previous was fine too but this is much better

https://nsmbhd.net/thread/6093-super-mario-and-the-mythical-realms/
Posted on 08-25-24, 08:20 pm (rev. 3 by  Staryu Trek on 08-29-24, 09:13 pm)
Red Koopa
How New is this domain still...

Since: 08-24-24
Warning: gonna speak in allcaps now!

THIS. LOOKS. AMAZING. ZTARDUST!
No, really. Seriously, those graphics - tilesets, backgrounds, the rain and the HUD! This doesn't even look like a DS game anymore! Plus, obvious Mario 3 reference in W2-1 is obvious.
BTW, those Bowser paintings in the World 1 castle level, are those ripped from SM64?

EDIT: Thanks  Mr. Ztardust, for the +1!
I'll give you a +1 too.
Posted on 08-25-24, 08:27 pm (rev. 1 by  Mr. Ztardust on 08-25-24, 08:27 pm)
Red Cheep-cheep

Thank you man! yeah the Bowser painting was ripped from SM64, and yeah, 2-1 is inspired by SMB3 ^^

My YouTube Channel
Pages: « 12