Pages: 1
Posted on 05-03-15, 07:48 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
I've been at music hacking again- and actually getting somewhere for once. I've been importing custom World Map music and it's working! Marvellous!

However there is a problem. All I've done so far is change BGM_WORLD1.sseq, BGM_WORLD5.sseq, BGM_WORLD6.sseq and BGM_WORLD7.sseq- no .sbnk's , .swar's are any other files in sound_data.sdat, so only the background music should have any change. But it seems with my .sseq imports, most if not all of the sound effects that play on the World Map don't work. Is there a particular part of the World Map music editing process that I've overlooked?

On a related note, is there any way to get music made with the World Map instrument sets to play in-level without losing any sound effects? There's over fifty instruments to use with the World Map instrument set, so it's almost ideal for using with any theme, if it weren't for the fact that it kills most of the in-game sound effects. So far, I've found out that Sound Set 6 works for all general in-level sound effects like jumping, stomping, bumping sounds, kicking shells, etc., but it does still lack a lot of other important sound effects.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 05-03-15, 08:00 am (rev. 1 by  skawo on 05-03-15, 09:17 am)

Since: 04-02-13
I can answer the second question: You could, but you'd need to compress all the world map swavs into below 106KB. Not sure if very feasible, and it'd lower the quality.
Pages: 1