Pages: 1
Posted on 12-31-14, 04:36 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:11 am)
Newcomer

Since: 12-24-14
I mean, Gateway 3DS. It's a 3DS Flash Cart, if anybody notices.

Gateway 3DS is the worlds first 3DS Flash Cart!

It has (And I copy pasted):

- Multi-rom support
- In Menu OSD title selection
- exFat & Fat32 support
- NAND based rom support
- Game cart backup
- On board diagnostics
- EmuNand
- Clean Boot region free system
- Back up system Nand
- Works on 3DS & 3DS XL (Firmware 4.1-4.5, for a short while. Support for 7.0-9.2 is coming!)

Get it at http://www.gateway-3ds.com!

Yeah, just something here. Leave down if you like it! Not that I'm not a worker for Gateway or anything (I'm not)...
Posted on 12-31-14, 05:38 pm
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
I'd like it if you gave me it for free with a 4.5 3DS so I can play custom NSMB2/MK7 courses.
Posted on 12-31-14, 05:45 pm
Newcomer

Since: 12-24-14
Posted by Hiccup
I'd like it if you gave me it for free with a 4.5 3DS so I can play custom NSMB2/MK7 courses.

Not only that, but support for 7.0-9.2 consoles is coming! When it releases, what are you gonna do? Like it says, play NSMB2/MK7 courses?
Posted on 12-31-14, 07:23 pm (rev. 1 by  Hiccup on 12-31-14, 07:23 pm)
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
The problem is, I don't want to 'mess up' my 3DS, because from the sound of it emunand is not perfect and I want to be able to browse the eShop and such.
Posted on 12-31-14, 07:52 pm (rev. 1 by Thierry on 12-31-14, 07:52 pm)
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
Buy a new one then. A one you will use for hacking and stuff. That's what I did with the DS for my R4, and I could of do that again for a Gateway card.
Posted on 12-31-14, 09:58 pm
(ーωー。)

Since: 08-12-13
I hate Gateway, because, Piracy sucks.
I mean, Piracy = Stealing, and I hate Stealing.

Gateway was initially made, solely for Piracy, remember?
Posted on 12-31-14, 10:09 pm (rev. 2 by Thierry on 12-31-14, 10:13 pm)
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Hmmm can't a person get both games on Gateway and as legal copies?

But indeed, piracy sucks. And I don't like people who mistakes hacking and piracy.
Note: Hacking isn't piracy as long as you don't steal stuff/files. And getting cracked games without to have real copy of them is piracy.
Posted on 12-31-14, 10:53 pm (rev. 1 by  gridatttack on 12-31-14, 10:54 pm)
Birdo

Since: 06-28-11
Too expensive and no one sells it here.

Meanwhile, im getting games sporadically from the US, as theres no way im paying 65$ for a 3DS game.

Looking foward to get one though. The thought of making NSMB2 and MK7 custom levels/tracks is nice.

But dunno. The gateway teams are rats for adding code to brick your 3DS if it detects a clone gateway, which you probably cant tell.

Posted on 01-01-15, 12:18 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
If it were to be used for homebrew instead of piracy I would have appreciated it more.

A piracy plague on a console can make terrible things happen, like a predominantly shovelware library, and developers putting more time into anti-piracy measures instead of the actual games they produce making even high profile games drop in quality.

Though I can't say I wasn't once part of the problem. If I never had my R4DS, I never would have become part of this hacking community. Of course, I've come to my senses now. I understand the games are a lot more satisfying when you pay money for them, taking the lawful route benefits everybody.

But I wish I had a way to hack NSMB2 without a Gateway
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 01-01-15, 01:01 am
(ーωー。)

Well, being a formal 3DS Developer, I know that even without Piracy, making a single Game is more, than just making the Game.
For example, think of all the Lot Check Requirements, most of which have nothing to do, with the actual Gameplay, and yet, it's super important, to implement them all correctly, or your Game won't be Released.

Besides, it's possible to Hack NSMB2, without a Gateway, by using a Custom Firmware, but it's Buggy as fuck.
Posted on 01-03-15, 06:42 pm

Posted by Yami
I hate Gateway, because, Piracy sucks.
I mean, Piracy = Stealing, and I hate Stealing.
Gateway was initially made, solely for Piracy, remember?

Do you remember the big file sharing host "MegaUpload"? Well, when that site has been shut down, the turnover of a lot of movies has been reduced. The reason for this is that File-Sharing-Sites help to advertise. I am sure that the same happens with other things like games. Read about this effect here.

I often "pirate" a game to test it. I buy that game later, if I like it, because why would I pay for something that I don't enjoy? If I could not pirate stuff, I wouldn't ever have bought so much games. I don't have enough money to buy something that I am not even sure if it is good.

So, personally, I think that being able to pirate something is a good thing. It helps the producers too.
Posted on 01-03-15, 07:36 pm
(ーωー。)

Posted by Freeze
I often "pirate" a game to test it. I buy that game later, if I like it, because why would I pay for something that I don't enjoy? If I could not pirate stuff, I wouldn't ever have bought so much games. I don't have enough money to buy something that I am not even sure if it is good.

But remember, there are a lot more people, who just Pirate for 'Free Games', rather than 'to try them out'.
Many Games this genno have Demos, so this excuse has also become less reasonable.

Yes, I know, some 3DS Demos show nothing, and the Wii U lacks a lot of Demos, but if a Game has a Demo, why would you Pirate it, just to see if it's worth it?
Posted on 01-03-15, 07:43 pm (rev. 1 by Thierry on 01-03-15, 07:44 pm)
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

I think he was mostly talking about DS and Wii games, games that doesn't have demos.

Posted by Yami
Posted by Freeze
So, personally, I think that being able to pirate something is a good thing. It helps the producers too.
But remember, there are a lot more people, who just Pirate for 'Free Games', rather than 'to try them out'.

I agree with you there.
Posted on 01-03-15, 08:30 pm
(ーωー。)

Well, I'm pretty sure, that a "Gateway 3DS" is for 3DS, not for DS, nor Wii.
Posted on 01-03-15, 08:31 pm

Posted by Thierry
I think he was mostly talking about DS and Wii games, games that doesn't have demos.
I was mainly talking about Computer Games here.

Posted by Yami
Let's say 100 people pirate a game. That game is just a digital copy of the game and does not "damage" the creators when pirated. There is a slight chance that one likes the game and buys it afterwards (let's assume that 20% do this). That would make 20 people that buy the game, which is good. So, all in all, pirating gets the creators more money.
If pirating didn't exist, those 100 people would likely say "Fuck this, I am not gonna risk 60€ on this product." Of course, some of them would sure take the risk that the game is shit and spend the 60€, but I am sure that less people would do this than "pirating and buying the game afterwards". So the game creators get more money in a world where pirating does exist.

Sorry if my explanation is unclear. It is hard for me to put my thoughts in words, especially in englich.
Posted on 01-03-15, 11:56 pm
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Posted by Freeze
Posted by Thierry
I was mainly talking about Computer Games here.

Posted by Yami
Let's say 100 people pirate a game. That game is just a digital copy of the game and does not "damage" the creators when pirated. There is a slight chance that one likes the game and buys it afterwards (let's assume that 20% do this). That would make 20 people that buy the game, which is good. So, all in all, pirating gets the creators more money.
If pirating didn't exist, those 100 people would likely say "Fuck this, I am not gonna risk 60€ on this product." Of course, some of them would sure take the risk that the game is shit and spend the 60€, but I am sure that less people would do this than "pirating and buying the game afterwards". So the game creators get more money in a world where pirating does exist.

Sorry if my explanation is unclear. It is hard for me to put my thoughts in words, especially in englich.

I understand what you mean. A pirated game doesn't necessarily equal a sale loss. There are people who, if they didn't pirate the game wouldn't have gotten it otherwise.

But more often than not, game pirates are just being cheap and trashy while using that excuse. But I'd say, that if piracy didn't exist and those people really did want to play the game, they'd pay money for it.

Besides, in the worst case scenario if someone doesn't like a game they bought, a lot of stores will refund you if you're unsatisfied with your purchase. And even if they didn't you could always sell it online or trade it in for something. There are always ways get your money back with hardcopies of games.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Pages: 1