Pages: 1
Posted on 09-22-13, 01:19 am
Flurry
King of Composers

Since: 03-15-13
Ok. Here is an idea I have. It could either really help us, or really hurt us, but it is still worth putting out there.
So basically, we would divide up our normal users into 2 power levels. The two power levels are:

-New Members. Basically, they would be able to post, comment on profiles, and send PM's, and do all the normal stuff normal users can do, except make new threads. Often, new threads by new members are just for asking stupid questions or are spam. We do get exceptions, but this system will eliminate almost ALL spambots as an added bonus. They can ask to post a thread to get permission, and if they have proved themselves, will be promoted to the next stage of normal users.

-Normal Members. Everything a normal member can do now. But normal members can be demoted to New Members if they post derp threads, or threads that are purely Postcount+++. So being demoted to a New Member could be an alternative to getting banned. Many users make threads asking a stupid question, and it often gets closed/trashed. With this new system, we could potentially clean up our thread quality and only let the good users post threads.

So, what do you think? This is just an idea. And we are NOT trying to discriminate. If a new user has a good thread to post, they can talk to an admin and get the perms to post a thread.
Posted on 09-22-13, 01:30 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Hmm I don't know.

We don't usually get spambots, so that's not big enough a problem to bother changing the system.

And having to approve people all the time would be very tedious for the admins.

But noobs are noobs, and they do noob stuff.

We could maybe be able to make a system that forbids you from making a thread if your postcount is under 50 or something, but that's still problematic.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 09-22-13, 01:31 am
Flurry
King of Composers

Since: 03-15-13
That would cause postcount+++, so I don't like the postcount idea.
Posted on 09-22-13, 08:05 am
☭ coffee and cream

Since: 06-26-11
Blarg.

See my reply at Kuribo64. Basically this means more work for staff, and higher entry barriers, making us look like one of those silly elitist boards. It'd repel people more than anything else.

zrghij
Pages: 1