New Super Mario Bros. U
- The filesystem contained within Wii U disc images (.wud) can be extracted with DiscU, a Windows application.
- R: "the internal levels are incredibly similar to NSMB2."
- R: "I've already done a basic examination of the levels. In one sense, they're extremely similar to those of NSMB2. In another, I've never seen anything like them before. Many of the level assets (tilesets and some 3D models for sprites) are packaged with each individual level now, which has never been done before. There are also several more container layers to account for this. Except for that, the actual data that defines the level layout (objects, sprites, entrances, etc), is nearly identical to NSMB2. (Except that it's in big-endian, of course)."
- T: "The "process" system which treated Scenes, Actors and some misc things like various interface elements in a similar way is gone- now there's just one system for actors, used in levels and on the world map."
- Various: Wii U SARCs are the same as 3DS SARCs, other than the endianness, which is big rather than small. They are sometimes Yay0 compressed.
- T: Tiles are 60x60 (2x is padding)
- R: GTX images are used for the level preview images, tilesets and model textures.
- Tilesets have 'normals'. These have not been ripped yet, and may show unused things.
2. Reggie Files
- WiiUExplorer, SarcUnpacker, SarcExtract and Every File Explorer for opening SARC archives (which have the file extension sarc and szs in this game).
- Wiim's SZS Tools for any Yay0 compressed files.