Pages: 1
Posted on 07-26-23, 04:53 am (rev. 3 by nr00t on 07-26-23, 04:55 am)
banned by request, I guess

Since: 07-12-23
some absolute fuckbag has decided to spam it with roms. also theres a bunch of stuff lurking around it which may not necessarily be legal, including atleast 2 copies of the NTSC-U nsmb rom.

at this point it might be a really good idea to blacklist .nds files (or files above 8MiB) directly in the code unless the user is whitelisted

also i find it really astounding that i am somehow still not banned despite... yknow, being not only a rereg and all but a rereg of someone who is universally loathed
Posted on 07-26-23, 05:39 am
Porcupo
I do things sometimes

Since: 08-07-17
would be nice if someone backed em up and converted them into xdelta patches before removing em, so they can be archived in a legal and space efficient way. i downloaded a few, but since theres a lot listed im not sure if i have the storage space for it at the moment
Posted on 07-26-23, 05:51 am (rev. 2 by nr00t on 07-26-23, 05:55 am)
banned by request, I guess

Since: 07-12-23
I only have an 80GB SSD annoyingly too, been meaning to replace it with something a tad more spacious at some point. (And trash Microshite OS for an actual OS, perhaps freeBSD.)

So yeah I won't be the one doing it either. Who knows, maybe that guy didn't have overly ill intent, then again he duplicated a bunch of the files. I still think the whitelist option would work since .nds was clearly added to serve for stuff like homebrew ROMs and whatnot, and restricting the file limit would stop lamers like that from filling it up with shit.

I should really spin up a testboard on localhost and spew out a bunch of fixes/changes but at the same time I fail at Git and I doubt they'd be approved anyway. I'm also just not brilliant at coding either. (Would also finally add the ability to removing +1's from a post, which I added in one of my forks looong ago.)

Worth a go, though. That is if anyone actually wants me to do it, it's not like I have anything else to do with my life and doing something actually decent for a change for the communities I seemingly tormented in the past would be a nice gesture, at the very least...
Pages: 1