Pages: 1
Posted on 06-03-23, 12:12 am (rev. 4 by iLikeTerrain on 06-27-23, 03:39 pm)
Newcomer

Since: 05-07-23
Hello, I am here to introduce my own hack: Super Mario Dimension (hopefully no one claimed that name already)

It is intended to not feel "traditional," but feel more "rom-hacky" in design. (Which some people might not like, but I do like)

Levels do range in difficulty, going from relatively normal to more difficult (though hopefully not unfair, nor unfun)
They also range in length (from a little shorter than standard to relatively long)

Most levels will have a "mini Mario" bonus section somewhere in the level (only a few will have star coins, so they are mostly for fun)

Here is a "lame trailer":
https://youtu.be/-HMT93qU6vY
(Doesn't have much real footage, but it is better than nothing. Good trailer planned in future)

Also have some screenshots from many levels:
1-1

1-2

1-3

1-4

1-5

1-C

2-2

2-4

2-C

3-1

I plan to start making a playlist of videos fully showcasing each level, but I hadn't started on that yet. I will probably get that going once I complete world 4, as by then hopefully whatever I have in world 1 and 2 will be finalized.

Anyway a demo is included.

Demo version: 0.16
https://nsmbhd.net/file/suWAGuHetB2h07ok/SuperMarioDimension_v0.16.nmp

Current Progress:
W-1: Complete but likely needs tweaks/design fixing, maybe a level rework
W-2: Complete but likely needs tweaks/design fixing, maybe a level rework
W-3: Complete but likely needs tweaks/design fixing, maybe a level rework
W-4: First Level is "done" but not fully tested. Development continuing.

Everything else untouched. You will only find the normal levels or random edits I forgot I made.

(Will be updated over time, as I have plenty of ideas and motivation to complete a full 8-world hack)
(Next update planned, but not sure when)

Current known/likely issues:
Basically most of pipe entrances (oops)
Sounds. Sounds are a big problem.
Some issues with backgrounds (looking at you 2-4)
Poor Camera Control (Hadn't messed with camera sprites)
Strange sprite behaviors that make them appear out of nowhere (looking at you 2-3)
Tiling Mistakes (I fix them when I find them)
Parts of level not well structured
A few levels that might need reworks or complete scrapping (Not sure which ones really need it yet. But there is bound to be ones that need it)
Misc Issues I hadn't found or figured out how to fix (looking at you 3-2)
Maybe missing star coins? (I haven't gone through every single level to double check. I know W1 has every star coin at least)
Levels with no checkpoints/broken checkpoints (I need to find which ones don't)
Missing ? blocks from Map (Though, it might be on purpose for a few levels)
No level-path added (But you don't really need it yet. I'll get that added near the end)

Long term plans:
Tweaking of tilesets (enough to be different, yet still close to vanilla)
Custom Music? (That would be pain, but it would be good)
Custom Title Screen (Don't need it yet, but every good hack out there has one)

Any feedback is good feedback, but my favorite feedback would include any of the following:
a. any broken tile placement that I missed (except for parts that are built like that on purpose. Still want that "rom-hacky" feel for some sections)
b. your favorite level (cause it means I did something right)
c. least favorite levels (cause I need to figure out which ones are actually bad)

I don't know what else to say. Enjoy?
Posted on 06-03-23, 05:36 am
Snifit
Don't click here

Since: 03-12-23
Looks good

I'm making New Mini Super Mario Bros. as member of the Nitro Team (with  crook,  Digital Cheese,  RetroAleXD and  Mr. Ztardust). You can download the patch here or contribute.

Join the team #HackingNoMore
Posted on 06-22-23, 01:34 pm (rev. 1 by iLikeTerrain on 06-26-23, 12:17 am)
Newcomer

Since: 05-07-23
New update:
https://nsmbhd.net/file/suWAGuHetB2h07ok/SuperMarioDimension_v0.16.nmp

Added:
3-Tower
3-3
3-Cannon
3-GhostHouse
3-B
3-C
3-Castle
4-1 (not fully tested, but should be all good)

Changes to levels:
1-2: Fixed some of the bad design, changed out bomb enemes into the koopa enemy, removed ice plaforms that only appear once, ect.
1-4: Fixed some of the level to not have large empty areas into the void, made certain parts have more land, changed a few places, added a hidden 1-up, added a 1-up to mini-mushroom bonus room.
2-5: Spoiler:
Since the minimush is required for a star coin, I added it in the level creatively. This did somewhat increase level length, but it is better. It also has a few tiny tweaks not worth mentioning, and another hidden 1-up
3-A: Fixed Checkpoint Entrance being wrong view (oops)
3-2: Added Secret Exit because there are now levels on that path.

Will edit main post at some point later
Posted on 06-25-23, 11:53 pm
Ninji
Sigma Grindset

Since: 01-10-22
Looking good so far, I'll try and play it soon
Mini Super Mario Bros: Nitro Edition "Contributer" :]

Website | 3DSPaint | Email

DM me on 3DSPaint or email me if you need to contact me about something. Cock.li and it's alt-domains are blocked by Google+Yandex sadly
Pages: 1