Pages: 1
Posted on 07-02-21, 10:33 pm
Average Romhacker

Since: 07-01-21
JUst wondering, It'd also help if there was a tutorial for creating different characters too and switching them before a level, but my main question is about the lives icon. Thanks if you do!
Posted on 07-02-21, 11:06 pm (rev. 2 by  alpha on 07-02-21, 11:08 pm)
The boy who always has something up his sleeve

Since: 02-01-21
Lives Icon??, what exactly does it refer to, the face of the characters or something else, if you specify me I can help you

Posted on 07-02-21, 11:19 pm
Average Romhacker

Posted by alpha
Lives Icon??, what exactly does it refer to, the face of the characters or something else, if you specify me I can help you

Face of the characters
Posted on 07-03-21, 12:34 am
The boy who always has something up his sleeve

Since: 02-01-21
I have worked with that, I can help you

this edit is difficult but not impossible

to edit when you play, go to ROM File Browser> root> uiStudio, this is the folder we are going to use

Choose the palette UI_O_1P_game_in_ud_ncl.bin, and at the same time open the bitmap ui_o_1p_game_in_d_ncg.bin, select 16 colors and go to the 2d texture editor, which opened when you selected the bitmap, select view in 4bpp, look for the palette 7 and edit, if you want to import another color, you will need to extract the file ui_o_1p_game_in_d_ncg.bin, you will need it later, in the 2D texture editor, reduce the width of the mosaic to what is more comfortable for you, select export this bitmap save the image, open it in image editor then edit, try not to let your texture interfere with the others or open a problem, well I usually make a copy of my Rom, then after saving it return to the 2D texture editor select the option " import this bitmap and re-create the palette, save above, not save everything, now replace the .ncg that I exported before with the one that is, in the editor, reopen the palette and the bitmap as I said before select palette 7, and then go back to vision 4bpp and then reduce the mosaic again to how it was reduced when exporting the previous image export it, and put another name so as not to replace it, well open both in your image editor and place the texture of the The first one that I export, to the one that you just exported, save it and return to the 2d texture editor, follow the same steps I said before opening the palette and that, well, reduce the image again to how it was before, and select import this using image the existing palette, select the image ls you just edited and save the image but not save everything and that's the first edit

to edit the map you will need the palette UI_O_1P_course_select_o_ud_ncl.bin and the bitmap UI_O_1P_course_select_d_nce.bncd, follow the steps of how to open the palette select 16 colors add everything again and then you have it, I have never done this edition, I recommend doing it in the editor if you don't want to make shit, although that is avoided, I just can't explain it, because i no know it, sorry if it was confusing, but I hope I have helped you, friend

Posted on 07-03-21, 08:58 pm
Average Romhacker

It's okay, it somewhat helps with the editor

it was somewhat confusing, but thanks for helping