Pages: « 1234 »
Posted on 06-09-23, 05:05 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
Sigma Grindset

Since: 01-10-22
Posted by OfuzzyboiO
It would be awesome if more people started using this forum again . Then I'd have more people to talk to and interact with. Mabye I could even find some people to help with my hack !
Agreed, this forum and 3DSPaint I'd love to be active. At least active to where it wouldn't be dead, but preferably not flooded by whatever the hell Twitter is for anyone with more than 3 working braincells.
Mini Super Mario Bros: Nitro Edition Contributer :]

Website | 3DSPaint | Telegram | Email Me

DM me on 3DSPaint, Telegram, or email me if you need to contact me about something. I use a cock.li email which is blocked by Gmail and Yandex, try using a ProtonMail or some other address like that. Outlook I think works if you manually white-list my email address though.
Posted on 06-09-23, 05:15 pm
Snifit
Goomba's run the world...

Since: 08-27-20
Posted by Digital Cheese
Posted by OfuzzyboiO
It would be awesome if more people started using this forum again . Then I'd have more people to talk to and interact with. Mabye I could even find some people to help with my hack !
Agreed, this forum and 3DSPaint I'd love to be active. At least active to where it wouldn't be dead, but preferably not flooded by whatever the hell Twitter is for anyone with more than 3 working braincells.
Yeah, maybe not like 50 but maybe 5-10 going at once or something.

Current Hack Progress
World 1 - Complete
World 2 - W2 Castle
World 3 -
World 4 -
World 5 -
World 6 -
World 7 -
World 8 -

Game's Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqA5CgsW-CTfD56DCa2kvYw/channels
Posted on 06-09-23, 05:35 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
Sigma Grindset

Posted by OfuzzyboiO
10 people being active here daily would be quite the accomplishment. Though 50 would be insane levels of activity, I'd stay on the forums no matter what because I actually quit Discord so I can basically ignore the little banner at the top saying to join it

DM me on 3DSPaint, Telegram, or email me if you need to contact me about something. I use a cock.li email which is blocked by Gmail and Yandex, try using a ProtonMail or some other address like that. Outlook I think works if you manually white-list my email address though.
Posted on 06-09-23, 05:38 pm
Snifit

Yeah, I think that the discord banner is more likely to draw people away from the forums, although some of the moderators have a good point about why using the discord is easier.

Current Hack Progress
World 1 - Complete
World 2 - W2 Castle
World 3 -
World 4 -
World 5 -
World 6 -
World 7 -
World 8 -

Game's Channel:
Posted on 06-09-23, 05:52 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
Sigma Grindset

Posted by OfuzzyboiO
Yeah, I think that the discord banner is more likely to draw people away from the forums, although some of the moderators have a good point about why using the discord is easier.
Discord is certainly easier, but I will refuse to use the Discord. I'm here until the forums shut down and even then I will still be on 3DSPaint/other Acmlmboards along with email (I literally send more emails than I have discord messages when I was leaving).

This thread is starting to be derailed a bit so I will go back to the original topic of the NSMB games so it doesn't get locked and we don't get warned, if you want we can start a new thread for Discord vs Forums or just DM each other. NSMB Wii > Discord

Posted on 06-09-23, 06:00 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
MammaMia Team Member

Since: 04-26-19
Discord makes communication and assistance easier by far, the forums are rather kept for preservation but there are a bunch of things that the forum community won't end up seeing
Posted on 06-09-23, 06:03 pm (rev. 1 by  Digital Cheese on 06-09-23, 06:04 pm)
Red Cheep-cheep
Sigma Grindset

Posted by ItzTacos
Discord makes communication and assistance easier by far, the forums are rather kept for preservation but there are a bunch of things that the forum community won't end up seeing
Sadly so. I've noticed that the vast majority of users prefer Discord releases despite not being as good for preservation. Though one can dream that the forum will stay more active than Discord. Theres only two good things to me about a Discord, and its not enough for me to stay on Discord just for that.

- More Members
- Voice Chats (easily)

Everything else a forum or IRC channel can do better (at least that I can think of) which is nice. There is #nsmbhd at least which I'm usually in too.

Edit: and bc of more members, communication/assistence is easier i guess but i still prefer forums

Posted on 06-09-23, 06:15 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
MammaMia Team Member

Since: 04-26-19
I can can for sure tell that a forum isn't as fast as a discord server, that for sure.

For preservation? Yeah, it's not the best, however we got a website where we can host everything we need inside so i would not even consider that an issue.

As an example, the community has made a bunch of useful things, specially on the code hacking side.
Since I am one of the few persons that worked on that, i can guarantee that it is *really* hard to get it spread in a forum.
Posted on 06-09-23, 06:17 pm (rev. 2 by  Rph on 06-09-23, 06:19 pm)
Snifit
Don't click here

Since: 03-12-23
Posted by Digital Cheese
Posted by OfuzzyboiO
How about a thing where you can switch out a slider for a d-pad that's like detachable or something. Kind of like those customizable Xbox controller buttons.
That would actually be cool as hell, not sure if possible for 3DS but at least something like that. I remember I had a wired switch controller where you could do something like that, I don't know if I still have it. I probably don't at this point.

To reply on this forum, the ds drifting is better beacause u can do more than the 3DS or other.

I think somebody should hack mkds to add a joystick compatibility.

--

Posted by OfuzzyboiO
Posted by Digital Cheese
Posted by OfuzzyboiO

I think I am one of them, ever if I was not so active last days. But can you just say to crook he should see his hack post?

I'm making New Mini Super Mario Bros. as member of the Nitro Team (with  crook,  Digital Cheese,  RetroAleXD and  Mr. Ztardust). You can download the patch here or contribute.

Join the team #HackingNoMore
Posted on 06-09-23, 06:23 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
Sigma Grindset

Posted by ItzTacos
I can can for sure tell that a forum isn't as fast as a discord server, that for sure.

For preservation? Yeah, it's not the best, however we got a website where we can host everything we need inside so i would not even consider that an issue.

As an example, the community has made a bunch of useful things, specially on the code hacking side.
Since I am one of the few persons that worked on that, i can guarantee that it is *really* hard to get it spread in a forum.
Yea absolutely, Discord is at least faster so I'll give it that.

Fair, tho I wonder if theres any romhacks that get released in the server but never the website. I'd assume so, but I'm not 100% sure since I'm not in it. Whatever I guess, at least there are archives of many things here.

Not too surprised since Discord is faster to spread things around on, though I'm surprised even here its hard to spread stuff like that around due to how few active people are left, however its understandable at least.

---------

Posted by Rph
To reply on this forum, the ds drifting is better beacause u can do more than the 3DS or other.

I think somebody should hack mkds to add a joystick compatibility.

--

I think I am one of them, ever if I was not so active last days. But can you just say to crook he should see his hack post?
DS seems faster once u get used to it, tho at first 3DS is way, way easier. Agreed though, would be convenient to have that in MKDS.

Well we got around 3-4 guaranteed semi-active people. Now we just need to post/reply more too (and maybe get a few more people just in case)

Posted on 06-09-23, 06:51 pm
Porcupo
I do things sometimes

Since: 08-07-17
Posted by OfuzzyboiO
sorry to sorta re-derail the thread a bit, but id like to point out that the discord now shows posts made in nsmbhd. im thinking that might bring more attention to things brought up on the board and thusly create some more activity
Posted on 06-09-23, 06:58 pm
Snifit
Don't click here

136 new posts today, 7 last hour! New record until many years

I'm making New Mini Super Mario Bros. as member of the Nitro Team (with  crook,  Digital Cheese,  RetroAleXD and  Mr. Ztardust). You can download the patch here or contribute.

Posted on 06-09-23, 07:12 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
Sigma Grindset

Posted by Keeper
sorry to sorta re-derail the thread a bit, but id like to point out that the discord now shows posts made in nsmbhd. im thinking that might bring more attention to things brought up on the board and thusly create some more activity
Based, even if that reduces the time I have to play NSMB Wii by 5 minutes.

Posted by Rph
136 new posts today, 7 last hour! New record until many years
And btw theres still more being made today, is there a way to see the new record for posts today? I likely had over 40 I made today so I majorly contributed today it seems. There hasn't been this many people in forever so if me and that other guy who I was replying to earlier (non-mod/admin) comes online again and starts replying to threads again, we can expect this forum to be very active for the next few months at least.

Posted on 06-09-23, 07:47 pm
Snifit

Posted by Keeper
Posted by OfuzzyboiO
Yeah that's definitely possible

Current Hack Progress
World 1 - Complete
World 2 - W2 Castle
World 3 -
World 4 -
World 5 -
World 6 -
World 7 -
World 8 -

Game's Channel:
Posted on 06-09-23, 08:44 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
Sigma Grindset

Posted by OfuzzyboiO
Yeah that's definitely possible
I hope it gives more activity here, that might mean more NSMB hacks

Posted on 06-10-23, 06:09 am (rev. 1 by  Rph on 06-10-23, 06:10 am)
Snifit
Don't click here

Posted by Digital Cheese
Posted by Keeper

Seriously, you play NSMBWii?

Posted on 06-10-23, 11:38 am
Snifit

Posted by Rph
Posted by Digital Cheese
Posted by Keeper

Yeah, It's a good game .

Current Hack Progress
World 1 - Complete
World 2 - W2 Castle
World 3 -
World 4 -
World 5 -
World 6 -
World 7 -
World 8 -

Game's Channel:
Posted on 06-10-23, 04:21 pm
Red Cheep-cheep
Sigma Grindset

Posted by Rph
Yea lmao its pretty fun, haven't played it in a while though. It was my first mario game and first video game in general, I first played at like 3 years old. And in fact, the Wii was my first console in 2012 too when I was 3.

Posted on 06-10-23, 05:20 pm
Snifit

Posted by Digital Cheese
It was my first mario game

Same here

Current Hack Progress
World 1 - Complete
World 2 - W2 Castle
World 3 -
World 4 -
World 5 -
World 6 -
World 7 -
World 8 -

Game's Channel:
Posted on 06-10-23, 06:34 pm (rev. 1 by  Digital Cheese on 06-10-23, 11:01 pm)
Red Cheep-cheep
Sigma Grindset

Posted by OfuzzyboiO
Posted by Digital Cheese
It was my first mario game

Same here
Based Alert! Based Alert!

I've never played Newer SMB Wii, but I've played Newer SMB DS. I should play the Wii version one day

Pages: « 1234 »