Posted on 07-22-13, 06:21 pm (rev. 1 by  CreativiPie on 07-22-13, 06:22 pm)
Pokey
me some orange juice my hand

Since: 09-24-12
Posted by MARIOFANATIC64
Does anyone think I should do something to celebrate Clone Tag Team's first year? Ideas?

Maybe make a special level with cakes and presents and stuff like that?
Posted on 08-06-13, 08:18 pm
Snifit

Since: 08-05-13
Looks fun!
Posted on 08-10-13, 02:04 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
I'd like to mention that I've started working on Bugfix v1.3!

Thankfully, this bugfix will be final!

One large change that will be made is the addition of the Retro Scrolling camera in Clone levels. This makes Clones a TON easier to use and I don't know why I didn't do that long ago.

Stay tuned for updates.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 08-28-13, 01:27 pm
Mole
Normal gamer, retired hacker

Since: 05-03-13
Posted by MARIOFANATIC64
I'd like to mention that I've started working on Bugfix v1.3!

Thankfully, this bugfix will be final!

One large change that will be made is the addition of the Retro Scrolling camera in Clone levels. This makes Clones a TON easier to use and I don't know why I didn't do that long ago.

Stay tuned for updates.

Good Luck.
Posted on 09-16-13, 04:46 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Well, it came as kinda anti-climactic, but Bugfix v1.3 Final has been released:

Below video is not a trailer, just an announcement:

So, as the video said, i'll still be releasing minor updates, but only for tiny bugs that people have found, because I can't find them all alone.

Here's the download link, and enjoy:
http://nsmbhd.net/get.php?id=1904
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 09-16-13, 10:52 am
Mole

Cool i just downloaded it. It a great Hack.
Posted on 09-16-13, 12:31 pm
Cheep-cheep

Since: 06-13-13
Very good!!!!!
It's a perfect game!

Posted on 10-08-13, 02:59 am (rev. 1 by  MarioFanatic64 on 10-08-13, 02:59 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Holy Crap.

IzirFeather brought it to my attention that the total downloads for Bugfix 1.3 jumped up to over 4600, whereas last week it was only at 83 so far.

This just doubled the total downloads for Clone Tag Team (since July 12 2012 release) in a single week. I suppose I have 3D World to thank for that!
Posted on 10-08-13, 11:09 am
Mole

For this amazing Hack, everybody must play 3D World.
Posted on 10-09-13, 02:30 pm (rev. 1 by  snake block on 10-09-13, 02:31 pm)
a

Since: 02-12-13
I'd like to give some criticism on the first Clone Tag Team, MarioFanatic64.

This has my whole time of going through World 1-1, and glitches I've seen and experienced through World 1-1 to World 1-3.

In World 1-1, I experienced the first glitch: I took my clone and sticked the clone to Mario (So both Marios are near eachother). Then, I got to the pipe which you enter to get to the first Star Coin, and both Marios got in the pipe. After I came out of the pipe, the second Mario (The clone) did still exist in the level, and was DIRECTLY behind Mario. I couldn't see my clone because of this. I got confused. After I accidentally hit the Piranha Plant, I saw the real Mario die, and then the Mario clone popping right out of Mario when the real Mario died. And he didn't get hurt by the Piranha Plant or any other enemies.

After that, I started 1-1 again. When I reached the part with the Mini Mushroom and the P-Switch, my clone became Mini Mario and I made the clone reveal the hidden vine. I climbed it to get the second coin. Then after coming down I made my clone hit the switch, and got through the brick blocks, and left my clone trapped, thanks to retro scrolling. To avoid death of my clone, I got to the right and right after that, entered the pipe. And then, before I got to the underground, inside the overworld ground I saw my mini clone going right through the ground and in to nowhere. I died after. I got the blue shell from the Koopa after respawning, and my clone wasn't there. I got through the part with the Mini Mushroom and skipped the underground. I got to the flagpole and completed the level.

Well, I think I should just round-up the glitches instead of telling my whole way to complete the level.

World 1-2.

Glitch one: The first 2 Goombas, my clone can't stomp. If he does, he actually dies. Only saw it when my clone was mini. Also, I get the jump boost.

World 1-3.

Glitch one: If I am mini and go into the first Pipe Cannon, I will shoot right into the bottomless pit.

Glitch two: This glitch is important to fix. The note blocks hardly work because, I can grab the spring. This way, I would hold nothing, and where I put the invisible spring I will jump on it, and I will get a boost up from nothing. And then if I try to jump on the Note Blocks, the blocks simply push me to the right, and then I fall. Because of this, I have to jump straight down the Note Block to get up.

And more glitches as I go through each level.

Please, you should playtest the levels with different power-ups, think what will happen if you do a certain thing, like you just made the giant spring invisible, put it on the note block and now we can hold the spring, throw it down a pit and then it's impossible to go through the level without falling in the pit.

That's all I've experienced.

Be sure, in NSMB5: CTT2 you should fix these kind of glitches which break the game until you die, or irritate the player.
Posted on 10-10-13, 01:21 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Posted by hamza62240
I'd like to give some criticism on the first Clone Tag Team, MarioFanatic64.

This has my whole time of going through World 1-1, and glitches I've seen and experienced through World 1-1 to World 1-3.

In World 1-1, I experienced the first glitch: I took my clone and sticked the clone to Mario (So both Marios are near eachother). Then, I got to the pipe which you enter to get to the first Star Coin, and both Marios got in the pipe. After I came out of the pipe, the second Mario (The clone) did still exist in the level, and was DIRECTLY behind Mario. I couldn't see my clone because of this. I got confused. After I accidentally hit the Piranha Plant, I saw the real Mario die, and then the Mario clone popping right out of Mario when the real Mario died. And he didn't get hurt by the Piranha Plant or any other enemies.

After that, I started 1-1 again. When I reached the part with the Mini Mushroom and the P-Switch, my clone became Mini Mario and I made the clone reveal the hidden vine. I climbed it to get the second coin. Then after coming down I made my clone hit the switch, and got through the brick blocks, and left my clone trapped, thanks to retro scrolling. To avoid death of my clone, I got to the right and right after that, entered the pipe. And then, before I got to the underground, inside the overworld ground I saw my mini clone going right through the ground and in to nowhere. I died after. I got the blue shell from the Koopa after respawning, and my clone wasn't there. I got through the part with the Mini Mushroom and skipped the underground. I got to the flagpole and completed the level.

Well, I think I should just round-up the glitches instead of telling my whole way to complete the level.

World 1-2.

Glitch one: The first 2 Goombas, my clone can't stomp. If he does, he actually dies. Only saw it when my clone was mini. Also, I get the jump boost.

World 1-3.

Glitch one: If I am mini and go into the first Pipe Cannon, I will shoot right into the bottomless pit.

Glitch two: This glitch is important to fix. The note blocks hardly work because, I can grab the spring. This way, I would hold nothing, and where I put the invisible spring I will jump on it, and I will get a boost up from nothing. And then if I try to jump on the Note Blocks, the blocks simply push me to the right, and then I fall. Because of this, I have to jump straight down the Note Block to get up.

And more glitches as I go through each level.

Please, you should playtest the levels with different power-ups, think what will happen if you do a certain thing, like you just made the giant spring invisible, put it on the note block and now we can hold the spring, throw it down a pit and then it's impossible to go through the level without falling in the pit.

That's all I've experienced.

Be sure, in NSMB5: CTT2 you should fix these kind of glitches which break the game until you die, or irritate the player.

Most of those glitches am I well aware of, but are simply unpreventable. The side effects of Clones, I'm afraid.

The others that aren't clone-related, I've done my best to make sure that doesn't happen. The Retro scrolling does help keep track of the Clone so you don't lose it off-screen but it can be manipulated to push the Clone through walls. BTW: There should be enough space to get the Clone out of that little crevice in 1-1, I made sure of it before releasing v1.3.

And the Note Block, I've gotten rid of it as much as I could that wouldn't affect the level design, but for the places it had to stay I did everything I could to stop people from pulling the invisible trampoline out. There's the 2 wooden blocks in 1-3 that are supposed to stop you reaching in and grabbing it from the side, and for other cases, it's usually placed in mid-air so you can't approach it from the sides.

But thank you for reporting bugs. I appreciate it, but right now I'm somewhat stressed with so much stuff to do. Please keep in mind though, that Clone Tag Team is more of a puzzle game than a platformer so you can't just dash into the next area, you need to take your time and plan how you'll get through the levels.
Posted on 10-11-13, 01:29 am
a

Since: 02-12-13
Welcome. I'm going to be glad to play hacks if I can and test them and find any bugs, and tell the bugs.

Actually, you can grab the trampoline in World 1-3 (The huge invisible one) on the large note block. Just jump to the very right of the Note Block and move left before you fall down the pit. You will hold the trampoline. It happened to me. But the glitch doesn't happen much with the small Note Blocks.

Also, it's not really important to fix all or some of them, but it might make the player go "Oh, how did this happen!?!? NOT FAIR!" sometimes.

But still, great hack.

Posted on 10-11-13, 03:16 pm (rev. 1 by  Ruedajv10 on 10-11-13, 03:17 pm)
Beezo

Since: 02-02-12
That will be the last version of the game? Because i have some ideas for you MarioFanatic64
Posted on 11-12-13, 02:01 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

I thought I'd do something random and show you guys how far Clone Tag Team has come.

I have just made this video public after almost two years of being unlisted. This is the earliest form of Clone Tag Team, ever.

As you can see, this trailer was made back in 2010. (Before I had even finished NSMB2!) And the title was still New Super Mario Bros. 3: Clone Tag Team, because SKJmin hadn't revealed his hack yet. You'll notice that this level, which was originally 1-1 went on to become 1-4 that is still present in the final product.

Of course, when SKJmin's hack was revealed I decided to cancel Clone Tag Team for a while until it was in a better state. Thank god I did, because this video looks appalling. And yes, I did intend this to be my last hack back in the day, things change...
Posted on 11-12-13, 11:11 pm
Giant Red Koopa

Since: 11-12-12
that logo is horrible

Ok, ok, this is NOT clone tag team... its just so eh!
Posted on 11-13-13, 12:04 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Posted by SaturnYoshi
that logo is horrible

Ok, ok, this is NOT clone tag team... its just so eh!

Yep, it was pretty horrible.

I am so thankful that 2010-me had the decency to cancel it before revealing it.
Posted on 01-17-14, 05:58 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Making an unnecessary bump to show off the new and *final* version of Clone Tag Team's boxart. It doesn't need improvement anymore so I'm not going to waste any more time working on it.

And to make this post more valid, there'll be a minor update soon. Just general fixes that have been reported to me, nothing special.
Posted on 01-17-14, 09:05 pm
Mole

The Box Art looks Great .
Posted on 01-31-14, 01:07 pm
Mole

MarioFanatic64 Clone Tag Team Bugfix v.1.3 Final has reach about 5010 Downloads.
Posted on 09-22-14, 02:02 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Hey guys, been a while since I used this thread, but I have reason. Apparently.

I said that I'll be updating Clone Tag Team 1 with the clone insta-death fix that I put into Clone Tag Team 2, and that's still on it's way, but I'm kinda tied up with a lot of stuff right not, my fourth hack, my fifth hack, some personal stuff regarding my education, anyway it might be a while until this update surfaces. But I have something for any of you who are interested in Beta Content (looking at Hiccup here). Clone Tag Team 1 has come a long way since I began the project and the only taste of it people got were from the full version.

Now, for absolutely no reason other than a whim I'm releasing all the patches I made for Beta Testing, from the very first (World 1) beta all the way to Bugfix v1.3.

Enjoy.