Pages: 1
Posted on 07-23-19, 08:30 pm (rev. 3 by  P. Nats on 07-24-19, 11:32 am)
Newcomer

Since: 05-10-19
Hi! I am making a New Super Mario Bros hack around World 8, however I am finding myself in many pickles as I continue hacking. The hack is not ready enough yet to be posted in the New Hacks thread, so please help me!

1. Trying to edit World 8 textures results in this:SOLVED

This is weird since I have already edited World 1 with no problems at all.

2. I put some blue pipes in the Sub Nohara tileset, however when Mario or Piranha Plants go inside this happens:SOLVED

Unlike the other pipes, this ones are in the background and the 3d models are over them.

3. I edited the World 1 map, however although I edited the Peach Castle texture, there is still green grass on it:

also, does this tower looks good to you?

4. I edited the tileset 37 (Volcano Purple) so that it had more colors and I added gentle slopes, but now they look like this:SOLVED

They act like some semisolid blocks although I have not setted this behaviour anywhere.

If you are able to solve all of this question, thank you so much!!
Posted on 07-23-19, 11:28 pm
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

Since: 04-24-18
I can answer the first one for you. It's some kind of bug with the editor. You can follow the tutorial here: https://nsmbhd.net/thread/3250-fixing-already-opened-files-tutorial/

Discord Server 1 - Discord Server 2 - Youtube Channel
Posted on 07-24-19, 10:27 am
Red Goomba
MammaMia Team Okarick

Since: 07-13-18
Posted by P. Nats
2. I put some blue pipes in the Sub Nohara tileset, however when Mario or Piranha Plants go inside this happens:

Unlike the other pipes, this ones are in the background and the 3d models are over them.

That's because the pipes in the jyotyu are 3d tiles and are moved in front of the player when he uses them.
You can use this hack to put new pipes and also new signboards / 3d tiles

Posted by P. Nats
4. I edited the tileset 37 (Volcano Purple) so that it had more colors and I added gentle slopes, but now they look like this:

They act like some semisolid blocks although I have not setted this behaviour anywhere.

You probably haven't set the bottom tiles' control byte to 4, take a look at the image in this post to see what I mean
Posted on 07-24-19, 11:31 am
Newcomer

Since: 05-10-19
So those problems are solved now! Thank you sooo much for these three answers, and if you can help me with the other things, thank you yet more!
Pages: 1