Pages: 1
Posted on 03-10-18, 08:19 am (rev. 3 by Dubstep_Deadbush on 03-10-18, 06:45 pm)

Since: 02-25-18
I’ve only recently started modding New Super Mario Bros DS like a month ago and I started modding Mario vs Luigi. I have some stages (4/5) modded and managed to get the DS’s connected by using firmwarefix.nds. However, whenever I load up a custom level both games freeze on a black screen after saying READY and showing Mario and Luigi’s head on the DS’s. I know my stages load properly because I put them over stages like 1-1 and could play by myself just fine. Also, the stage I didn’t mod loaded just fine for the two.I likely added a sprite that just doesnt work or something on them. Some important information is

-Using a R4i 3D Gold Pro 2018.
-Using Firmwarefix.nds (firmware.nds doesn’t work).
-Using two DSi’s.
-Custom Tileset in two stages.
-Using the newest version of NSMBe.
-Have enabled DLP in editor and the Multiplayer patches (not sure if I did every edit though).
-No crash objects or sprites are used.
-No cheats are being used.
-The one stage that wasn’t modded loaded up fine without a crash.
-Full signal from both DSi’s.
-Clean/empty save data.
-No custom music, background, ect. (Besides tile sets).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

*Here's a patch with the Mario vs Luigi levels. Ice World is unedited and the four that are, are over the first four levels on world one, too.*

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!Daw3SbSa

Decryption Key:
!quJQ_6ZOfl6dXZtJSvvNrt6k9_fsR3K1V6Y45gY9Zjw
Posted on 03-10-18, 12:14 pm
Mariomaster

Since: 06-09-12
I guess we cannot help without having the levels. MvsL is incompatible with most of the sprites so I assume you used one of these.

These are most of the working ones: https://nsmbhd.net/thread/72-sprites-mvsl-hacking/
Some sprites that don't require any resource files may work too.
Posted on 03-10-18, 07:42 pm

Since: 02-25-18
Yeah I tried looking at the list and it may be the sprites. I also added a patch with the levels.
Pages: 1