Pages: 1
Posted on 04-18-16, 12:30 am (rev. 2 by  Fluorescent on 08-03-17, 05:43 pm)

Since: 04-08-16
First, you need to know this from my hack:

How to finish a level:
-Collect the starcoin in all the missions
Each levels are made this way:
-Zone 1 is a Starcoin select screen
-Zone 2 is the level
-Zone 3 is a toad house
(Execept for the ones that only have 1 or 2 zones)

So, here's my problem:
If I want to put different missions, I will need to copy the whole level for each mission.

Is there a way to use the trigger of the warps (that I'm using in the Starcoin select screen) to make disseapear a starcoin and things like the text tileset I made?

It's really hard edit a level that is duplicated 2 times:

The Legendary Sprite 326:
Posted on 04-18-16, 12:16 pm
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
Well you can make tiles disappear but it's not possible to make a starcoin vanish with a trigger.

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 04-18-16, 11:36 pm

But, is there any way that I could use a warp trigger to change the entrances?
Posted on 05-09-16, 02:04 am
Fuzzy
Will never finish a hack

Since: 03-25-16
It should be possible, albeit through the use of ASM. I wouldn't have a clue how but maybe you could create a custom event to remove them?
Posted on 05-09-16, 06:05 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Just so we're clear on what you want is it:

-A mission select room. Enter the door the enter the level.
-Level contains a star coin in each mission, you collect it and warp back to the mission select room.
-Revisiting the level creates an alternate version with another Star Coin.
-There's a Toad House in this level that doesn't change throughout multiple missions.
-Once all three Star Coins have been collected the level is complete.

If this is what you're trying to produce, I can help you with this. If you're looking for a more complicated structure it may be possible but it will be more complex.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 05-09-16, 09:37 pm (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:20 am)

Posted by cros107
It should be possible, albeit through the use of ASM. I wouldn't have a clue how but maybe you could create a custom event to remove them?

That's the thing:
I can't remove the starcoins

Posted by MarioFanatic64
Just so we're clear on what you want is it:

-A mission select room. Enter the door the enter the level.
-Level contains a star coin in each mission, you collect it and warp back to the mission select room.
-Revisiting the level creates an alternate version with another Star Coin.
-There's a Toad House in this level that doesn't change throughout multiple missions.
-Once all three Star Coins have been collected the level is complete.

If this is what you're trying to produce, I can help you with this. If you're looking for a more complicated structure it may be possible but it will be more complex.

You exactly summarized it, except that the starcoin select screen is different, but it shouldn't cause any problem

(This is a screenshot I sent to Wesley because I had a problem with the starcoin select screen, he didn't respond (even though he said that he could help me, he probably didn't see it considering I'm not the only one to put a profile comment))
Posted on 05-09-16, 11:56 pm
Fuzzy
Will never finish a hack

Ah. So you want a SM64 like mission select, with a different starcoin layout for every level? I think that would definitely be possible, and not too hard.
Posted on 05-10-16, 12:21 am

Posted by cros107
Ah. So you want a SM64 like mission select, with a different starcoin layout for every level? I think that would definitely be possible, and not too hard.

The problem is that I'll probably need ASM to make desseapear the starcoin, I haven't tried yet to make other tiles desseapear (I'm talking about the ones that I can't make appear)

Also, if I could use the output of the starcoin to warp Mario, I wouldn't have to desseapear a whole warp...
Posted on 05-10-16, 02:14 am
Fuzzy
Will never finish a hack

Shouldn't be that hard though. You could just move it out of view. The hex values should be in the source code of NSMBe.
Posted on 05-10-16, 07:56 am
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
Posted by cros107
Shouldn't be that hard though. You could just move it out of view. The hex values should be in the source code of NSMBe.

That doesn't make any sense.

@Fluorescent
The only way to do this without ASM is by making near-identical copies of sections of levels and warping between them.
Posted on 05-10-16, 08:47 am
Fuzzy
Will never finish a hack

Posted by Hiccup
Posted by cros107

@Fluorescent
The only way to do this without ASM is by making near-identical copies of sections of levels and warping between them.

Sorry, I meant to say the hex locations of the star coin positions. Didn't make that clear.
Posted on 05-10-16, 11:40 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
What you'll need to so is duplicate the mission select screen/level/Toad House as many times as needed, to account for each choice that the player can make on the mission select screen.

Say for example, the player picks Mission 1, when they complete the mission, they should warp back to a duplicate version of the Mission Select screen where you can no longer pick the first mission. Then say, they pick the third mission. They complete it, and then warp to the mission select screen where they can only pick the second mission. They complete that mission, they no longer warp to the mission select screen but at the end goal. (Boss, flagpole, whatever)

To do this, you will need to duplicate each version of your level multiple times so that each warp can be programmed to go to different versions of the mission select screen.

Even though the Toad House will stay identical every time you visit it, they must also be duplicated in this process, or else leaving them will only lead you to a certain version of your level. It needs to be duplicated so it can have different entrances leading back to the correct level variant.

Let me know if you can't understand me. Believe me, I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't.
Posted on 05-10-16, 04:17 pm

Posted by MarioFanatic64
What you'll need to so is duplicate the mission select screen/level/Toad House as many times as needed, to account for each choice that the player can make on the mission select screen.

Say for example, the player picks Mission 1, when they complete the mission, they should warp back to a duplicate version of the Mission Select screen where you can no longer pick the first mission. Then say, they pick the third mission. They complete it, and then warp to the mission select screen where they can only pick the second mission. They complete that mission, they no longer warp to the mission select screen but at the end goal. (Boss, flagpole, whatever)

To do this, you will need to duplicate each version of your level multiple times so that each warp can be programmed to go to different versions of the mission select screen.

Even though the Toad House will stay identical every time you visit it, they must also be duplicated in this process, or else leaving them will only lead you to a certain version of your level. It needs to be duplicated so it can have different entrances leading back to the correct level variant.

Let me know if you can't understand me. Believe me, I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't.
Posted by Hiccup
@Fluorescent

I've tried to avoid this solution considering that I would have to edit all of the different versions
But it looks like there's no other solution... Thank you all for responding, I'll probably end making W1 and then make the different versions of the levels...

Posted on 05-11-16, 09:23 am
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
Posted by cros107
Posted by Hiccup
Posted by cros107

@Fluorescent

Sorry, I meant to say the hex locations of the star coin positions. Didn't make that clear.

Still doesn't make any sense.
Pages: 1