Pages: 1
Posted on 02-09-16, 10:54 pm

Since: 06-27-14
Hi all,

Lately I've begun to work on the first swimming level in my NSMB hack (which is going to be horizontal in some parts, and vertical in others), but I was wondering if someone here can help me with something regarding views (you know, the boundaries for individual areas of a level), please?

I'm trying to have little to no vertical scroll in the major horizontal parts of this level, especially when I have some solid floor that the player can land on, but I want to make the player unable to go under the floor in certain spots of the level while at the same time making vertical areas where the player can swim upward or downward once they find they cannot go any further to the right.

Unfortunately, at the first of these transitional areas, the player can only go upward for a very short distance. How can I make it so that the camera can continue to follow the player upward or downward (while retaining the little to no vertical scroll in horizontal areas where the player can't make the camera go up or down) here?

Thanks in advance.
Posted on 02-10-16, 12:04 am

Since: 04-02-13
Sprites 198 and 199.
Pages: 1