Pages: 1
Posted on 11-29-15, 08:26 pm
Fire Brother
Eugene

Since: 11-29-11
Today it's exactly been 4 years ago that I registrated on NSMBHD.
I want to share with you my NSMB Hacking history and my interpretation about the forum.

I was about 9 years old (2008) when I got my first Nintendo handheld, the DS Lite. My first game was NSMB DS. After a few times of playing, it became my favourite Mariogame and my favourite DS-game. One year later, I saw a boy from school who was playing a NSMB DS Hack. It was NSMB3 from SKJmin. The boy let me play that game sometimes. I really liked those new NSMB levels. I've thought for a long time it wasn't a hack, but a sort of beta version of a new game by Nintendo. I mean, the game contained new levels, but things like the World Map were as the same as in the original NSMB DS yet. I couldn't know the levels were from SMB3, because I had never seen anything of that game yet. :')

When my last school year at primary school started (2010-'11), that boy who had NSMB3 left this school. I was 11 years old. (Of course, the age whereupon people leave primary school will be different in other countries.) I found it a pity that I wasn't able to play NSMB3 anymore. Then a period I got back playing the original NSMB DS and other DS-games started. Much time later, I found out NSMB3 wasn't a Nintendo game, but a NSMB Hack! And SKJmin was the creator of that hack (I hadn't came to that conclusion earlier lol). My first thought after finding this out was: 'Oh my god! I want this too!' I started looking for something to make my own NSMB DS levels with. I don't know why, but it took a very long time before I finally found something. I guess I wasn't really good at googling stuff back then. Eventually, I found this site! I was so happy I was finally able to make custom NSMB levels myself.

I made my NSMBHD account during my first school year at secondary school (Nov 29th 2011). When I took a look through the 'NSMB Hacks' section, I saw hacks even more impressive than NSMB3 (sorry SKJmin), like New Super Hacker Bros (one of the hacks that really motivated me starting making a NSMB Hack too ).

If I had any problems with NSMBe, I posted a thread at the forum. But.. there was one little problem. This was my first year I had English at school. So back then, I had only a few months experience of English. I was almost 100% dependent on Google Translate. Sometimes this caused my posts to be not-understandable. Some examples:

Posted by KingYoshi
I can not edit the tilesets.
The example I can not "ropes" of W2 Tower to get to other tilesets.
Mario how to hang it is not the only problem, but the PNG of the ropes.
I also wanted to create a blue tube, and red and yellow mini-tubes.
But I can not. I understand nothing of what I post images from one tileset to another must do
how other "pictures" experience and add to tile sets, and how such a tube to a different color, and then add a tileset.

Posted by KingYoshi
ah, I have unfortunately NSMB Wii.
I can maybe download it.
How to "rip" you do it?

Some of the questions I asked at the forum were actually kinda dumb, but yeah.. I was only 12 years old, my English was horrible and my ROM Hacking experience was 0%. But fortunately, I always got replies at my post when I had a problem with NSMB Hacking. I really appreciate people did their best understanding and helping me. I'm really thankful for the people who welcomed me here, like ray, Freeze, Dirbaio, StapleButter, Piranhaplant etc. And RiksKing of course, who was nearly the only Dutchman who was often online at the time. This board has become a important part of my childhood actually. I also don't interpret this place as just a forum for NSMB Hacking stuff. It's much more than that. We're a small community, but a lucky consequence of that is that members get to know each other faster than if there would be over 1,000 active users. Because of this, we get to know about what kind of people they are, which encourages the social interaction on this board in a positive way. There are many people here who talk about ordinary non-NSMB stuff too each other; at people's profile comments and at the General forums. (I hope you guys know what I mean )

The NSMBHD community has been a great place in those good old days.. as it still is. It's a shame we lost ray and Freeze, but that doesn't mean there aren't other people here who could become great hackers like them. There'll always be people joining and leaving this board (like at all boards). As long as we have the (still active) founders of NSMBHD and there's still interest at NSMB DS Hacking, this board will continue existing and the possibilities of NSMB Hacking will keep extending.
Posted on 12-01-15, 06:23 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
I remember  Arisotura wrote his is his biography.

I could of tell you about mine, but I don't know if it'd be worth it as it might just bore you.
Posted on 12-01-15, 06:54 pm
Fire Brother
Eugene

Since: 11-29-11
Posted by Thierry
I could of tell you about mine, but I don't know if it'd be worth it as it might just bore you.

Well, this could become a thread where people can share their biography: about why they wanted to hack NSMB, how they came at NSMBHD, etc.
Posted on 12-01-15, 07:36 pm (rev. 2 by Thierry on 12-01-15, 08:05 pm)
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
Yeah.

It will be mainly be repeatedly the same story with slight differences each time tough.

Pages: 1