Pages: 1
Posted on 05-14-15, 12:54 am
Newcomer

Since: 05-14-15
Sup guys, some of you guys might know me from the Rvlution side of things which I help people test their works and make lets plays for them on youtube.

The hacking in that community has been going a little downhill lately so I decided to maybe come here and start looking into some New Super Mario Bros hacks. I might not be too active on here but, I want to know what I need to start playing NSMB hacks.
Posted on 05-14-15, 02:55 am (rev. 1 by  MarioFanatic64 on 05-14-15, 02:56 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Welcome! You'll need:
-A New Super Mario Bros. ROM. We can't give you a ROM link, sorry.
-The latest version of NSMBe. You can download it in the navigation bar.
-The patching program necessary for the kind of patch a hack has. (Popular formats are .nmp and .xdelta, which are patched with NSMBe and xdeltaUI respectively)
-An emulator. DeSmuMe is probably the best way to go- it runs NSMBDS almost perfectly and it has a built in video capture function.

Hacks often come with a readme or tutorial for patching your ROM.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 05-14-15, 10:53 am
Newcomer

Thanks a bunch . I'll try this out when ever I have any available free time.
Posted on 05-14-15, 01:46 pm
Shyguy

Since: 05-03-15
Welcome to the NSMB Hacking Domain! I only just recently joined myself, about a week and a half ago. I hope you enjoy your time here! If you ask me, it will be nice to have another member with more experience in hacking other Mario titles. I'm sure you'll be able to accomplish something with NSMB DS. See you around!

There are Goombas somewhere below this footer, 'cause typing "Goombas" makes one appear!
Posted on 05-14-15, 02:15 pm
Newcomer

I haven't really gotten around to making any hacks but, I guess I'll get around to it if I'm bored and need something else to do in my spare time