Pages: 1
Posted on 06-15-14, 11:45 am
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
Hi everyone. I would like to know how your education system in your country is. Mostly what I want to know is, how you like or hate your education system. How many hours and works students spend per day for education.

I have to make some researches about this topic at my school, so I would like you to share how your learning lifestyle are.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas! Being in this board makes me having friends in several countries!

My education system in my country is very bad somehow.

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Posted on 06-15-14, 01:23 pm (rev. 2 by thereturnofdoritosxD on 06-15-14, 04:41 pm)

Since: 02-27-14
A school research about the school learning systems?
Sounds interesting...
By the way,the school learning system here is...I don't know how to tell it...good?
Here in Italy I'm in Grade 7 and here each day we start the lessons and 8:00 and have 5 hours of lesson(each lesson like in almost every school last an hour)except for Tuesday and Friday when we have 8 hours(9 hours considering the canteen break thing)of lesson but in these additional 3 hours we don't anything interesting just homework for the next day and some singing lessons or something like that.Each week we have only Sunday as "break day"
The arguments are a bit complicated and you have to study for about 1-2 hours if you don't want to get a bad mark...
Gee,I hope that I don't annoyed you with this...
And well,this is the school learning system in Italy...I hope that this will be useful!

Posted on 06-15-14, 03:34 pm
Ninji

Since: 12-18-12
Well, your school learning in there sound interesting too...

Wel, how about me? I am at Grade 8 and next month I will get Grade 9. The school starts at 6.30 am, and that's very early because, in Jakarta, Indonesia, is a massive traffic,I mean i can saw a traffic jam in early morning, how sad . And I have 5 lessons each day. The school ends at 12.00 am. Oh yes, the break time takes 30 minutes,at 9.30 am to 10.00 am. When I had atest, my friends are helping me find out the key. It's a bit cheating but i also helping them, because we're all work together for a test, haha! I only have a free day in Sunday.

And yet,this is my description about indonesia school learning. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for reading all these arguments! Hope you like it!
Posted on 06-15-14, 05:22 pm
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
Well, I´m in Grade 11, almost grade 12 and so I´ve almost finished the school. Just 1 1/2 years!

School starts every day at 7:55 am and ends at very different times. On monday/thursday it ends at 4:30 pm. On Tuesday it ends at 3:50 pm. On wednesday it ends at 1:10 pm and on friday it even ends on 12:20 pm. All in all we´ve got 13 different subjects like maths or german but also spanish, biology, PE, music and history. Luckily there´s almost no school at the moment (marks cannot be changed anymore), so we don´t do very much

The tests are very hard and last 2 lessons everytime. That´s 90 minutes. I don´t have to study for everyone but for most of them.
Our mark-system (I hope you know what I mean) is a bit different to some other countries. Instead of marks we get points.
Here´s a little table:
15 p. = 1+
14 p. = 1
13 p. = 1-
12 p. = 2+
11 p. = 2
10 p. = 2-
(...)
3 p. = 5+
2 p. = 5
1 p. = 5-
0 p. = 6

But all in all school is ok here in germany. Together with friends you can solve every problem

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 06-15-14, 08:14 pm (rev. 1 by  Pedroalone on 07-17-17, 03:49 am)
Paratroopa

Since: 07-03-13
I'm studying in a public school. We have 6 classes every day, starting at 7:00 am until 12:10 pm, each class has 50 minutes, except the 3rd one which has 40.

I am in first year of high school, so in 2016 I will finish the school.
We have 15 subjects: Portuguese, English, Spanish, Chemistry...

Unfortunately, professors in Brazil are not paid how they should be. The government choose spend money in stadiums for the world cup instead of improve: education, health, security, etc.
Posted on 06-15-14, 11:37 pm
Goomba

Since: 08-02-13
School is pretty good here, I guess.
In Australia most schools start around 8:30 - 9:00 AM and end around 3:00 PM.
Most schools have 4-6 periods per day.
I'm in Year 8 and there are lots of assignments but the scoring isn't too harsh.
The teachers in Australia aren't getting paid well.

Hope this helps
Posted on 06-16-14, 01:44 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
I had two old high schools.

For the first one you had to be present by 8:40, first period at 9:00, second period at 9:46, recess at 10:37, third period at 10:57, fourth period at 11:50, lunch break at 12:47, fifth period at 1:29, sixth period at 2:22, end of day at 3:13.

For the second one first period started at 9:00, second at 10:00, recess at 11:00, third period at 11:30, lunch at 1:00, fourth period at 1:35, end at 3:05.

But my University timetable can be crazy.

Last trimester, for example I was there for 9 hours straight (8:00AM-6:00PM), with just one hour for lunch break.

I reckon the only reason I can currently afford tuition for University is because of a scholarship I was granted.

Things are actually pretty bad for education in Australia. Our new PM has made budget cuts to education and universities. There have been riots and stuff.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 06-16-14, 03:35 am (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:00 am)
I am random… very random.

Since: 01-17-12
In the United States, the school I go to, Pearland ISD, is pretty good. What they teach is also really good, but I don't like going to school for 7 hours, and 30 minutes. This is my schedule from my junior year…

School starts at 7:55 A.M., and you must be in your first period at 8:00 P.M. Athletics lasts for 45 minutes.

At 8:42 A.M., you are released to go to your second period (English II) to arrive there at 8:45 A.M.

At 9:35 A.M., you went to Orchestra/Marching Band to learn new standtunes, and concert music for our concert at Brenhm, TX.

At 10:15 A.M., you are in Algebra II learning Algebra, Geometry, and the Mathematic Formulas.

At 12:10 A.M. - 1:00 P.M., you are at Lunch waiting to go get a burger, pizza, hot dog, or nachos. Then, you sit down with your friends, chat, and enjoy your meal.

At 1:05 P.M., you will be in Biology class, studying cells, the Deoxyribonucleic Acid's main molecules, and atoms.

At 1:45 P.M., you will be in World History, studing about the Aztec Empire's fall, and how Hernán Cortes conquered the Tecnotitlán, and killed Montezuma.

At 2:25 P.M., you will be in Art, learning the basics of how to draw something in 3D, shading, and light sketching.

Then, after being in school for 7 hours, and 30 minutes, you go home at 3:30 P.M., riding the bus towards the outskirts of Pearland, and arriving to your small, two room trailer.

I loved my education, but hated being at school nearly 8 hours, Monday through Friday.

The classes I loved the most was Art, and Orchestra/Marching Band. I loved them because in Orchestra, I played music, and I like hearing music. In Art, I enjoyed the class because I was able to draw interesting creations such as “The Wyvern.” This little sketch then evolved to “The Wind Wyvern.”
<Silvreus>It has been 1 month, 4 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes and 3 seconds since I last remember being lazy.

Posted on 06-18-14, 12:30 pm (rev. 1 by  MarioSunshine on 06-18-14, 12:44 pm)
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
Thank you! Look like many of you have a nice day at school. I thought my school time is a bit too long, but I'm surprised that your school time is not as short as I thought. Around 7 hours most of you. (Mine is 8-9 hours )

Does anyone need to go to cram school in order to get enrolled in the university? In my country, it's essential to go to cram schools outside, because the entrance exam is harder then you have learnt normally and students study very competitively, so you might have lower chance to get enrolled if you don't. This means more time is consumed for studying. Awww.

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Posted on 06-18-14, 07:34 pm
I am random… very random.

Since: 01-17-12
Posted by MarioSunshine
Does anyone need to go to cram school in order to get enrolled in the university? In my country, it's essential to go to cram schools outside, because the entrance exam is harder then you have learnt normally and students study very competitively, so you might have lower chance to get enrolled if you don't. This means more time is consumed for studying. Awww.

I have never heard of that. In the US, you just go to a university, take the exam, and go to the school if you passed.
<Silvreus>It has been 1 month, 4 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes and 3 seconds since I last remember being lazy.

Pages: 1