Pages: 1
Posted on 06-10-14, 07:21 pm (rev. 1 by thereturnofdoritosxD on 06-10-14, 07:22 pm)

Since: 02-27-14
And after Mario Maker,here I show you another game showed off at the E3 Treehouse!
It's a game starring Captain Toad(first appeared in SMG2 but reappeared in SMB3DW,but maybe everyone knows it )!
But now he has a bigger role than in SM3DW!
He will explore new worlds,levels,enemies and much more things as well...
Here's the trailer:

Posted on 06-10-14, 10:30 pm (rev. 1 by  snake block on 06-10-14, 10:38 pm)
a

Since: 02-12-13
Well, here it goes again. I need to type a huge thing again.

[====ENEMIES====]

Goomba
Goomba Tower
Shy Guy
Boo
Biddybud
Cat Bullet Bill
Piranha Creeper
Piranha Plant
Magikoopa
Walleye
Spiky Wood Enemy [Unnamed, Spiky Wood Enemy is of course not it's official name.]
-ENEMY INFO-
It is presumable that Cat Goombas might return. Since the Cat Bullet Bills are returning, the Cat Goombas could return too. We'll see, though.

[====BOSSES====]

A dragon boss. It lives in a volcano. Unnamed.

[====ITEMS AND OBJECTS====]

Brick Block (A Brick Block. Can be broken by Pickaxes. As stated below (but not confirmed), it could convert to a coin when a P-Switch is hit.)
P-Switch (A P-Switch. Presumably makes all coins into bricks and bricks into coins once hit.)
Coin (A Coin. As stated above but not confirmed, it could convert to a Brick Block when a P-Switch is hit.
Clear Pipe (A Clear Pipe. Functions exactly the same as in Super Mario 3D World (entering it will make you go in the Warp Pipe and you can see the character in the pipe.).)
Ladder (A ladder. It could presumably be climben up.)
Gemstone (They function as Star Coins from NSMB or Green Stars from SM3DW.)
Coin Stack (A coin on a coin on a coin etc.. A stack of coins.)
Turnip (Can be plucked by the character and functions very similar to the weeds from Super Mario Bros. 2.)
Pickaxe (Breaks Brick Blocks, unnamed)
Warp Pipe (A Warp Pipe. You should know what this does. It transports the character to another area it is linked to once entered by that character.)
Power Star (Functions as the stage goal. Collecting it completes the stage.)
Minecart (A Minecart. The character can go inside it and it rides on rails (read below). It also seems that the character can use the GamePad to shoot enemies while riding a Minecart.)
Rail (Used as a platform which Minecarts (read above) ride on.)

[====STAGES====]

Walleye Temple Desc: "Steal the Star!". Set in a temple with Walleyes.
Minecart Summit Desc: "Throw the Turnips!". Set in a summit with a rail and a Minecart. You also use the Wii U GamePad to shoot the Piranha Plants.
Magma Mountain Desc: "Time to Climb!". This is the only stage with more information known. It takes place in a volcano and Captain Toad must climb to the top of the volcano. The unnamed dragon boss will keep shooting fire at you and the lava will rise. If Captain Toad reaches the top, the platform with the Star falls down and puts the dragon boss unconscious and then Captain Toad can take the star from it's head.

All Diamond / Gemstone locations:

#1: Go right when you are starting the level and climb up the small stairs which are in fron tof the shield to find the first Diamond / Gemstone.

#2: Ride the moving stairs by the mushroom and grab the Diamond / Gemstone.

#3: Plucking one of the flowers reveals the final Diamond / Gemstone for the level and you can then collect it.

Mystery Mansion Desc: "Doorway Drama!". Set in a mansion with Boos.
The Star Express Desc: "Sneak Attack!". Set in a grassland with Turnips (?, I am not so sure about this one.)

[====PROTAGONISTS====]

Captain Toad

Yeah, this is all the information I know from the trailer (and a little bit of researching).

I will try to update this as many times.
Posted on 06-11-14, 10:37 am (rev. 1 by thereturnofdoritosxD on 06-11-14, 10:38 am)

Thank you for the precious informations about the game hamza
Posted on 06-11-14, 12:43 pm (rev. 1 by  snake block on 06-11-14, 12:47 pm)
a

No problem

Anyway, I think Captain Toad can sleep mid-level (from the trailer in maybe The Star Express [?]) and then wake up in some sort of a hub (you know that place with the bed? That's definitely not The Star Express.).

One of Mystery Mansion's gemstone/diamonds can be found by entering a door which causes you to collect a gemstone/diamond and start stomping a Goomba Tower.

And surprisingly, the GamePad screen shows the SAME HUD from Super Mario 3D World's Captain Toad levels except for the Green Star outlines being gemstone/diamond outlines!
Posted on 06-11-14, 12:53 pm (rev. 1 by thereturnofdoritosxD on 06-11-14, 12:55 pm)

Posted by hamza62240
One of Mystery Mansion's gemstone/diamonds can be found by entering a door which causes you to collect a gemstone/diamond and start stomping a Goomba Tower.

Well,it's kinda a spoiler for finding a gemstone,but I don't think that the levels shown at the E3 will also be included in the final game...
Posted by hamza62240
Anyway, I think Captain Toad can sleep mid-level (from the trailer in maybe The Star Express [?]) and then wake up in some sort of a hub (you know that place with the bed? That's definitely not The Star Express.)

I think that this could be a secret alternate way to exit from a level(who knows) .
Posted by hamza62240
And surprisingly, the GamePad screen shows the SAME HUD from Super Mario 3D World's Captain Toad levels except for the Green Star outlines being gemstone/diamond outlines!

And this let me think that this will be a DLC for SM3DW instead of a whole new game...
Posted on 06-11-14, 01:00 pm
a

The levels from E3 will not be shown in the final, AFAIK. The E3 levels are technically demo levels.

And maybe they just wanted to include a Super Mario 3D World shoutout since Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is very, VERY, VERY heavily based on Super Mario 3D World. CT:TT based off SM3DW based off SMG...
Posted on 06-11-14, 01:30 pm (rev. 2 by thereturnofdoritosxD on 06-11-14, 01:31 pm)

Posted by hamza62240
The levels from E3 will not be shown in the final, AFAIK. The E3 levels are technically demo levels.

That's true ,how silly I am .But CT:TT looks like a nice game and I hope to see more news about it

Posted on 06-11-14, 01:44 pm
a

It seems that noone except for us two care about this game. This game actually seems awesome! I hope to see more information about this game.
Posted on 06-11-14, 01:46 pm
Mole
Normal user

Since: 07-08-12
Just because people don't reply doesn't mean they don't care...
Posted on 06-11-14, 02:06 pm
I am random… very random.

Since: 01-17-12
Posted by MrRean
Just because people don't reply doesn't mean they don't care...

shibboleet is right. I haven't seen this yet, but it doesn't mean that I don't care.

From the looks of everything, it's good. There's finally a change in the storyline.
<Silvreus>It has been 1 month, 4 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes and 3 seconds since I last remember being lazy.

Posted on 06-12-14, 01:37 pm
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
I'm really looking forward to this game. I've played his quests in SMB3DW and love them! Adventuring-Puzzle game could never be like this!

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Posted on 06-12-14, 03:58 pm (rev. 2 by thereturnofdoritosxD on 06-12-14, 04:00 pm)

Searching on the net I found some gameplays of the E3 demo levels of CT:TT:
Magma Mountain:

Mine Cart Summit:

Walleye Temple:

Mystery Mansion:
Pages: 1