Pages: 1
Posted on 05-10-14, 12:33 pm (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:00 am)
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11

Nintendo Is Building A New Gaming Console For Emerging Markets

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata told Bloomberg News on Wednesday that his company will develop completely new game machines for emerging markets, instead of offering a cheaper version of its existing systems. He explained, "We want to make new things, with new thinking rather than a cheaper version of what we currently have. The product and price balance must be made from scratch."

Bloomberg notes that China just lifted a 13-year ban on selling game consoles, and Iwata had said on Tuesday that Nintendo is exploring its options for entering that market. Microsoft will offer the Xbox One there in September (the same month the company is offering its latest console in Japan). PricewaterhouseCoopers projected that China's game market will have US$10 billion in sales next year.

Nintendo reported a net loss of 33.4 billion yen (about US$329 million) for the fourth quarter which ended in March. It has reported that its latest home game console, the Wii U, has not met its sales targets as more people play on smartphones and other companies' consoles.

Nintendo confirmed last week that it has no plans to unveil new hardware at next month's E3 convention. However, Nintendo revealed earlier this year that it is developing new hardware for a "quality of life" platform. Iwata said the company will unveil the system during the current fiscal year that ends in March 2015. Iwata also stated in January that the company is considering a "new business structure" that could incorporate smartphones.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/r-nintendo-to-sell-emerging-market-console-from-as-early-as-next-year-2014-08#ixzz31JbYpH5M

Well, not much else I could say, so way to go, Nintendo!

I'm posting this because I found this article interesting, especially because it shows which way Nintendo's gonna go.

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Posted on 05-10-14, 12:52 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
Iwata also stated in January that the company is considering a "new business structure" that could incorporate smartphones.

We're going to get "New Super Mario Bros HD FREE!!", where you need to spend coins to unlock levels and beat the game, and you can buy them with in-app purchases. If you don't want to pay real life money to beat it, you'll find yourself replaying levels over and over again to farm the coins you need to progress. And of course SIGN IN WITH FAILBOOK to tell all your friends you just beat 1-1!!!!

LET'S HOPE NOT. Nintendo should be better than this.
Posted on 05-10-14, 01:54 pm
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Nintendo recently announced NFC figurines too.

The way they're supposed to work is that you can 'customize' your characters somehow. If you ask me, it's just as big a cash-grab as DLC is.

Here, buy our games! But wait! It's not complete without this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! And this! All of this stuff (that should have already been in the game you paid an arm and a leg for) goes for the low price of $15 each! Subject to availability, and these six are only available in 4 countries.

This is why I hate games like Skylanders and Disney Infinity. And now Nintendo's going to start doing it for their entire platforms.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 05-10-14, 02:14 pm (rev. 1 by  MarioSunshine on 05-10-14, 02:19 pm)
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Posted by Dirbaio
Iwata also stated in January that the company is considering a "new business structure" that could incorporate smartphones.

We're going to get "New Super Mario Bros HD FREE!!", where you need to spend coins to unlock levels and beat the game, and you can buy them with in-app purchases. If you don't want to pay real life money to beat it, you'll find yourself replaying levels over and over again to farm the coins you need to progress. And of course SIGN IN WITH FAILBOOK to tell all your friends you just beat 1-1!!!!

Then send invitation message to your friends to GET MORE COINS!!! Also, be sure to log in daily to get more stuffs and bonus coins!!!!

One of the most annoying gaming system for me...

Posted by MarioFanatic64
This is why I hate games like Skylanders and Disney Infinity. And now Nintendo's going to start doing it for their entire platforms.

They offer too much in-game purchase? LOL I don't know about those games.

Posted on 05-10-14, 04:05 pm
Birdo

Since: 06-28-11
I still don't get the hate for DLC. Its just extra content that isn't required to finish the game

Also we have to see what kind of new structure it will be. Right now, you can only speculate

Posted on 05-10-14, 05:29 pm
Ninji

Since: 12-18-12
what did Nintendo gonna do NEXT???
Posted on 05-10-14, 05:45 pm (rev. 1 by  Arceus on 05-10-14, 05:45 pm)
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
Posted by mrrikihino
what did Nintendo gonna do NEXT???

Who knows...

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 05-10-14, 06:08 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
They will make us pay 34666898 times.

"Congrats! You got this for only $2!"

2x 4679796 = I won't lose my time calculing it.

That's what we will exactly get.

Better kill ourself now to not see this.
Posted on 05-11-14, 03:08 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Posted by MarioSunshine

Posted by MarioFanatic64

They offer too much in-game purchase? LOL I don't know about those games.

I was referring to the NFC figurines. You have to buy all of them if you want every character in Skylanders/Disney Infinity, and unlike DLC, this stuff is readily available on the disc!

It's ridiculous. I mean, DLC is fine when it's not being exploited. The level packs in NSMB2 are a great way to use DLC. But in the case of DLC on some other platforms, what you're essentially getting is an incomplete game that you have to pay for over and over to complete the game. It's like the Sims, you have to buy 20 expansion packs just to have the full game, that you already paid full price for.

It's a giant rip-off, and I think Nintendo's joining the party just because they know they can exploit their fanbase. Mario 3D World was kinda lame but that didn't stop it getting perfect scores all around.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 05-11-14, 03:11 am
☭ coffee and cream

Since: 06-26-11
Posted by Dirbaio

I hope not. Their games would get that stinky commercial flavor smartphone games have, and it'd ruin the 'Mario game' feel.

I hope the gaming industry in general isn't going to take this route.

zrghij
Posted on 05-11-14, 03:12 am
Birdo

Oh well. Yeah, in that case, stuff like skylanders, while the game is nice and all, its a cash cow.
Heck, they even tried to sue a guy posting an ocarina code in which let you swap characters, so you didnt need to buy them all.

Posted on 05-11-14, 03:13 am (rev. 1 by  Arisotura on 05-11-14, 03:14 am)
☭ coffee and cream

Since: 06-26-11
I was also (and mostly) referring to Candy Crush. Or all those 'buy hints/lives/whatever or wait ages to have them spawn naturally' games.

Those games that reek of 'feed us money'.

zrghij
Posted on 05-11-14, 03:23 am
Birdo

Posted by StapleButter
I was also (and mostly) referring to Candy Crush. Or all those 'buy hints/lives/whatever or wait ages to have them spawn naturally' games.

Those games that reek of 'feed us money'.

Fortunately, for android OS atleast, you can find modded .apk so they remove those silly wait times :>
Thought for those games, that is the only source of income for the most part, so its a bit understandable

Posted on 05-11-14, 07:35 am (rev. 3 by xfix on 05-11-14, 07:38 am)
All aboard the RandomTests train!

Since: 05-01-12
They already experiment with that. There was official Pokédex for iOS, released during fifth generation, after Black 2 and White 2 (and still not updated for sixth generation). It costs $1.99, but it only includes fifth generation. The other generations are DLC for $5.99 each.

Not that it's a great application, or anything. It contains practically everything you can find in online Pokédexes, except suspiciously it doesn't contain capture rate, growth rate, EV yields, base experience, base friendship, or number of steps to hatch. Also, it only shows base stats as bars, which doesn't make this information really helpful. And it only gives data for fifth generation, which doesn't include third generation move tutors, for example.
Posted on 05-11-14, 09:15 am
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Posted by xfix
They already experiment with that. There was official Pokédex for iOS, released during fifth generation, after Black 2 and White 2 (and still not updated for sixth generation). It costs $1.99, but it only includes fifth generation. The other generations are DLC for $5.99 each.

Not that it's a great application, or anything. It contains practically everything you can find in online Pokédexes, except suspiciously it doesn't contain capture rate, growth rate, EV yields, base experience, base friendship, or number of steps to hatch. Also, it only shows base stats as bars, which doesn't make this information really helpful. And it only gives data for fifth generation, which doesn't include third generation move tutors, for example.

I have that app! But for free. I have downloaded in during promotion event, they made it for free. I have downloaded it but didn't quite use it at all, online pokedexes and databases contains a lot more detailed and advanced information.

Posted on 06-02-14, 05:23 pm (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:00 am)
banned for pulling same old drama antics

Since: 04-15-14
Posted by Dirbaio

Nintendo LOVE coins, on their 3DS games. Why?
And the number 10.

Examples:
Mario Kart 7 brings coins back to a limit of 10 at one race.

StreetPast Quest 1 requires 2 play coins for Dog Heroes, and those Play Coins are 10 per day, unless you do the date trick .

New Super Mario Bros. 2 - DUUUUUHHHHHHH. IT'S OBVIOUS. But... 10 x 100,100 = 1,000,000! Also!

Super Mario 3D Land: Those fucking Star Medals, which me and my friend Reggie called 'Star Coins' - they are really just those but more annoying.

You get 10 Miis per room in the Mii Maker.

Puzzle Swap also needed 2 play coins per piece. I remember annoying Reggie because I completed 'Mario And Bowser' just before him, lol.

The eShop Cards had... COINS on them. Lucky they changed this to Luigi and Tiad on the later ones.

Ugh, the Coin thing really pisses me off. Nintendo get a move on, or your own enemy (Wario) will capture Luigi, if you make an artwork like this this again.

PS: How you do edit to the spoilers button?
Pages: 1