Pages: 12 »
Posted on 05-25-16, 02:37 am
Banned for being a complete retard.

Since: 02-25-16
There are dozens of fantastic hacks on this forum. Many have a personal list of those unforgettables. My favorites are the ones inside unfinished hacks, mini hacks, single levels, or those hacks under construction. But once these levels are usually separated, it's sucks shut down a game and open another each time. How nice it would be if these little pearls could emerge from the bottom of their shells so that together they can form a radiant necklace. This is why I dedicate this thread to express here, some levels which I most like to play of these types of hacks and are not necessarily in the Remix.

- Alpha Replica by Ambience 69
- Fusion by Tana
- Mini Adventures by Thierry
- Adventure SMB by,Ray
- New Super Hack Bros by Ray and Freeze
- The Next Levels by Pedroalone
- Summer Special by newluigidev

And you? What's your favorite?
Posted on 05-25-16, 08:47 am
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
Posted by Luluca
- Mini Adventures by Thierry

LOL, that one hack was old. I can make better levels now, if only I had time.
Posted on 05-25-16, 10:11 am

Since: 02-02-15
I was searching the last posts and find this. Very interesting. I have not seen other posts like this. You said that "it's sucks shut down a game and open another". But, hum... why don't you join all in one for your personal use?

[]s -P
Posted on 05-25-16, 05:33 pm

Well..., it's an idea. But I will take a little time to do it.

It is because in principle there is not enough space on a single ROM to include all tilesets, foregrounds and backgrounds from various hacks that list. Something will lose out. But there is an exit. What interested me in these hacks is the amazing level design, and not necessarily the elaborate tileset.

In this case, what I could do is an adaptation, to replace the desired levels in ROM, but keeping the original game tileset .

There will be work to edit the level, obviously since a level with edited tileset will not fit more well on the original tileset.

I don't know... don't know... let me think... You know what? I accept the challenge. But I will need about 2 days, maybe.
As soon as I finish I post my result.
Posted on 05-25-16, 05:34 pm (rev. 1 by  gridatttack on 05-25-16, 05:34 pm)
Birdo

Since: 06-28-11
Have you tried the top 3 levels of the contest winners? (or the contest levels in general)

There's a lot of good stuff in the contests levels.

Posted on 05-25-16, 06:20 pm
Not a hacker

Since: 04-05-16
Posted by gridatttack
Have you tried the top 3 levels of the contest winners? (or the contest levels in general)

...but contests are dead now. We want some activity and challenge here!!
Posted on 05-25-16, 07:14 pm
Birdo

Posted by Super-toad 65
Posted by gridatttack

...but contests are dead now. We want some activity and challenge here!!

You missed the point.

Contest may be dead, but the levels of the previous contests are still there, available to be played

Posted on 05-25-16, 11:18 pm
Fuzzy
Will never finish a hack

Since: 03-25-16
Or we could, you know, start up contests again? I wasn't on this site when they were a thing But there are still a fair few active members, and I'm sure we'd get participants.
Posted on 05-26-16, 12:26 am (rev. 1 by  pinet on 05-26-16, 12:31 am)

Returning to the challenge of the two days,
I would like to have the pleasure of being the first to try this hack.
You intend to do this "infusion" levels of all worlds? I mean, a complete hack?

[]-P
Posted on 05-26-16, 02:51 am

"Infusion" hum... It's not a Fusion, but an Infusion... Sounds good. I liked. The adaptation is about on 50%...
The NSMBe tool is to flexible. And run so lightly in Pentium 500MHz with 512 RAM...

That's a shame, would be more fast if I change my 14.4kbps PC modem. I use my Windows phone SIM to internet, is light years faster then my PC modem.

I think I finish the last levels in this night. And put some other made by me too.
Posted on 05-26-16, 09:18 am

I agree with gridattack. You could use some levels from → NSMB Hacking Contests ←.

Regarding NSMBe tool, I had already mentioned in older posts about the fantastic and simple graphical interface, point-and-click. I believe it should run in a 8080

But you didn't answer my question. Intend to you pinch one or other of your favorite level to make a personal mini-hack (like 1 world hack) or a full hack (with 8 complete worlds)? I belive based on your dead line, you are making 1 world hack, isn't it?

[] -P
Posted on 05-26-16, 10:16 am

It's an 8 complete worlds. There is no mystery. It's just a copy-paste from the levels. It's not a Endless World production from Mario Fanatic.
Of course, the tilesets were adapted to the most equivalent from the original game. And I put some secret pipes here and there, change some things, decreased difficult from some hard levels, and increased from others. Put my levels too. And... If you permit, I stolen your suggestion name. It will call NSMB - Hack Domain Infusion (HDI). By the way, it's 100% ready.
Posted on 05-26-16, 10:31 am

100% ready?!? In one day?!?
Hum... Ok... Well... Where is the proof?
Give to us some link, print-screen, smoke signal... anything?

[] -P
Posted on 05-26-16, 11:08 am (rev. 2 by  Luluca on 05-26-16, 11:16 am)

It's for my personal use, remember? He he... Just kidding... Well, let's make a deal. You know, I'm terrible with uploads and web design because hardware limitations. Upload a single image or write a blog in this cellphone doesn't help. But I see in your other threads that you made some interesting reviews from other hacks... This is the deal: I send to you the hack and you sponsor me, making for me a web page and upload print screens etc. Ok? I will send the list of the .levels and the favorite level slot too. And.. In time, publish to me the hack because I can't find a upload space in this forum. Could you do it for me?
Posted on 05-26-16, 11:37 am (rev. 5 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:20 am)

OK, Deal!
My email is publicly visible on my profile area.
As says Mario ... Let's go!

[] -P

(Update same post to prevent scrooling)
Hello Luluca. As I promissed, uploaded to romhacking.net. It's exit from file queue and file is approved. The credits was updated.

I overwrite some old posts on my Wordpress blog to publish your pages. I transposed your text list credits file into an excel spreadsheet and convert it on html, and put into the blog to create a technical details from your adapted levels.

I used a saved-file batery to get a fast print-screens from your compilation, then uploaded "as is". I didn't take much care about layout, and just give a print-screen from thumbnails to show the Worlds, OK?

Webpage for your NSMB HDI - Hack Domain Infusion:
:: nsmbbe.wordpress.com/infusion

The RomHacking page to patch file is:
:: nsmb_infusion.zip 2016-05-26 08:44:53

And RomHacking link to readme file is:
:: 2871readme.txt 2016-05-26 09:01:47

Videos deployed on Youtube:
:: Let's play NSMB Hack Domain Infusion - 22 videos deployed.

There is some evidences:

Your print-screens:
(Each image link to spreadsheet credit page.)
World 1:

World 2:

World 3:

World 4:

World 5:

World 6:

World 7:

World 8:

[] -P
Posted on 06-04-16, 12:03 am (rev. 1 by  gridatttack on 06-04-16, 12:03 am)
Birdo

Just wondering, have you played the NSMBHD Third anniversary hack?

It's a recompilation of levels users made here, ranging from contests to single levels.

Oh, and another thing. If you plan to use levels from other people, I suggest asking them if they are okay with having their level featured.

Posted on 06-04-16, 01:59 am (rev. 1 by  pinet on 06-04-16, 02:09 am)

Luluca,
The text credits list that you send to me, seems little messed.
For example, when I played your hack, noticed that your adapted level 5.1 was not based on 2.5 from banned Ray.
It's based from someone else. The style is reminding me of Peter Alone levels.
I made a counter list with your personal adapted levels that's not combined with supposed based level styles from authors you set.

Could you please check it?
- 5.1. supposed ray, but Pedro Alone style.
- 5.3. not fit with Pedro Alone 1.A. design.
- 5.C. not fit with Thierry's 2.2 design.
- 6.4. not fit with Thierry's 2.3 design.
- 6.5. not fit with Pedro Alone 2.1. design.

[] -P
Posted on 06-05-16, 12:21 am

Well, you are right.Thanks to notice. It means that you really tested the game.

- The level 5.1 actually was inspired on 1.A from Pedro Alone.

- The level 6.5 was inspired on 2.5 from Banned Ray.

- The level 5.C was really inspired from Thierry's levels style. But I changed to much the base design that level lost almost completely your originality, and I think it's could not be credited more to him/her. In this case, if you conclude the same, change to me to "Infusion/Luluca" credit instead. That's a shame, but it's ok. I will survive.

- The 5.3 and 6.4 I'll need think better, because I don't remember at the moment.

Please, update the web site for me with this information.

Thanks again and keep me informed if you find some bug in World 8, were is several levels made all by myself without inspiration from other levels.

Posted on 06-06-16, 08:55 pm (rev. 3 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:21 am)

Done.

There are some bugs, but nothing impeditive.
Bugs on World 8:
- 8.2.: "Buda" Brother don't make sound on flat surface.
- 8.T1: Ropes extends infinitely.
- 8.T1: Boss fight without victory sound.
- 8.Ca: Boss fight without victory sound.
- 8.7.: Some Boos freeze when "bahp" sound.
- 8.7.: Some fire balls submerge and not emerge again.
- 8.Cf: Time too short (just sugestion).

[] -P
Posted on 06-08-16, 09:37 pm

- The rope's problem happens just on views with joined lateral sides. I not found a post to fix this bug, but I saw an interesting behavior. When you jump on, jump out, and jump on again after rope back to normal, the bug disappear.

- The winning sounds is a common old problem, for a few what I could see in other threads. Mario Fanatic explained about the compatibility of backgrounds on castle levels. To play the winning sound with other background, I just saw with ASM hack, a thing little beyond for a newbie like me.

- The Boos freeze if "bahp" was noticed before by King Yoshi. I just don't know how fix it, because that thread don't offer a friendly solution yet.

- The short time on final castle was designed. I tested with normal speed (walking) and the target was made to user experiment some anxiety (with good sense) turned to a relief sensation when finish the game. But if the player die, can continue with more time from middle point.

By the way, what is needed to make some videos and put on YouTube of this hack?
Pages: 12 »