Pages: 1
Posted on 07-29-13, 02:54 am
Doesn't actually do anything.

Since: 10-22-12
Is it dead?

I hear occasional comments about it on the IRC like "man I really need to do something for the community remix". Apparently this is still a thing, but the level list hasn't been updated in a month and 80% of the level slots are still unaccounted for.

So what exactly needs to be done here? At the time of this post,  gridatttack and  MarioFanatic64 are discussing the HUB world, so I know people are still interested. Here is what I propose we do, in this order:

- Determine basic themes (this is apparently still not determined?)
- Create 1-2 tilesets that fit each theme.
- Create a good chunk of levels.

Levels are really what this collab needs right now. Backgrounds and the HUB world aren't really that much of an issue at the moment.

Alternately, perhaps we should drop the super advanced custom stuff and just focus on good, fun levels.

Sorry for dropping a bomb on you guys, I'm just disappointed at the progress here.
♪♫♩♬
Posted on 07-29-13, 05:22 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Posted by TRS

- Determine basic themes (this is apparently still not determined?)
- Create 1-2 tilesets that fit each theme.
- Create a good chunk of levels.

Levels are really what this collab needs right now. Backgrounds and the HUB world aren't really that much of an issue at the moment.

Alternately, perhaps we should drop the super advanced custom stuff and just focus on good, fun levels.

I think that levels have been the primary focus so far, but it's still not enough for regular-paced progress.

Everyone's "working" on a level, or "working on a tileset", but no one's being bothered to finish them.

I for one have only been discussing the more advanced stuff so there's some progress while I'm waiting for more people to contribute levels, but nobody is contributing.
If we weren't talking about the Hub World, this hack would be dying faster.

This is why I believe we need a leader. At least someone who'll moderate progress and post regular updates to keep momentum going.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Pages: 1