Pages: 1
Posted on 11-11-12, 11:53 am (rev. 9 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:34 am)
Porcupo
Captivated by Persona 4

Since: 01-06-12
ghI've found this game on another site, and it's created by DWaM (DudeWithAMask). When I found it, it looked like an awesome game for this forum. I've asked him if I could use it, and I got permission.
For the original thread, go here,
and for one with the better rules, go here here

And here are all the rules:

Whodunnit, created by DudeWithAMask, is a game all about murder mysteries. Do your best to solve these murders. If you can. (Assuming you aren't already dead.) Don't worry - it's nothing too complicated.

How It Works
Don't worry, it's nothing too complex. At the beginning of the game, the GM (me) will select the killer (obviously). Naturally, the other players will be oblivious to his existence. At the start of the game, you will also be provided with a map of the building where the game takes place which you will be free to explore. There are two possible ways for this game to be won:

The killer will win if he's able to kill all the other members without being caught.
The members win if they are able to pinpoint the killer.
Doors can be broken down if a majority of the living layers have voted and a majority of that majority vote to break the door down.
The killer's methods may range from locked rooms to a massacre. It's completely up to him/her. The killer will, however, PM me about the murder method and who he intends to kill. When that happens, a a blackout will occur. During this blackout, their characters will lose all track of their movements and their locations will be unknown to each other. The 'victims' for each blackout will be sent a PM 'You are dead'. (A bit anticlimactic, I know, but...) They will also be informed of any actions the killer might've wanted them to take before they get... uhm... hacked off. Once the killer selects you - that's it. You're done for. If he wants you to do something reasonable that will benefit his trick, you'll do it whether you like it or not. In other words, this could be used for some great manipulation by the killer. It's all a matter of creativity.

Being the killer offers you two benefits aside from that:
The killer gains the complete map of the building where the game takes place, including any secret passages, should they exist.
The killer gets to PM me of any secret actions (actions that other members will not be aware of, such as inspecting certain thing, taking certain things, etc.,etc.).

There's also a bit of an interesting condition for the innocent side - you win if you figure out the killer and if you are able to solve his crimes in entirety. Can't accuse without proof!

Additional Rules
-The GM has all the normal GM rights. If something goes wrong, the GM can fix it. For instance, if it turns out that there are way too many rooms, the GM can magically close some of them off.
-This mystery cannot be solved without clues that are not presented! In other words, while you are playing as you, you still can't use clues another person found until he/she tells you about it.
-The killer's must've at least seen tools he uses to pull off his kills. If he has seen them and taken them with him secretly, then he can just use them at the time of the killing. If he has seen it but not taken it, he has to incorporate how he was able to get the weapon in his description of the crime.
-At the start of each round, I will select a player I will call the 'detective'. That person has the right to use three secret actions. (In other words, do something that the other players and the killer himself is unaware of.)
-The killer has the right to select an accomplice. This accomplice does not have to be revealed in the revealing of the -solution. This accomplice cannot kill.
-This accomplice is allowed to stay alive at the end (in other words, the killer doesn't have to kill him).
-The killer has 12 Hours to kill everyone.
-Time won't move in real-time, obviously. (In other words, I'll decide when I believe time should move forward.)
-From the start, the killer has the right for ONE blackout per hour.
-When the clock reaches the 12th hour and the killer failed to kill everyone, the killer has lost. However! During this time, other members will be forced to make their choice of the killer and explain the mystery. Should their answer be incorrect, nobody wins.
-During one blackout, the killer can only kill ONE person.
-The killer is allowed ONCE per game to kill TWO people in one blackout.
-The killer's actions MUST be possible within his physical limitations (you can't just get out of a locked room like a magician...)
-Label your actions with green, please. It would make things much easier: CODE: < FONT COLOR="00FF00">text text text text text</FONT> Without the space between the < and the F.
"<FONT COLOR="00FF00">text text text text text</FONT>"

All of the entrants, please keep your online status hidden while playing.
The culprit cannot pickpocket during the blackout.

In the rules is spoken about the map, which I've yet to make. But first I have to know:

Do you want to participate in this game? If you do, count on this rules:
-You can't play all the time, only when the GM (me) is online, which will be so 2 hours in a day.
-You have to be close to the timezone from me, (which is UTC +1)
-You can have alot of postcount++

If you want to participate, say it in this thread and I'll add you to the list
If you have questions, post them in this thread too

Participants:
MiguelMML
MarioFanatic64
Hiccup
GlitchMr
y0shim@ri0
Posted on 11-11-12, 03:53 pm
Snifit
When you push enter... this happens.ç

Since: 09-30-12
Put me in the list! Hehehe
Posted on 11-11-12, 04:00 pm
Porcupo
Captivated by Persona 4

I've added you
When there are 10 to 14 participants, we can start the game
Posted on 11-11-12, 04:03 pm
Snifit

Great! I can't wait to play.
Posted on 11-12-12, 05:17 am (rev. 1 by  MarioFanatic64 on 11-12-12, 05:24 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
I'll join. This should be interesting. Though the time difference might be a problem.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 11-12-12, 05:54 am
Porcupo
Captivated by Persona 4

Yep, it's true time can be a problem here, I hope we can play on a time we're both online
I've added you BTW
Posted on 11-12-12, 08:58 am
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
I'll play.

Posted on 11-12-12, 03:03 pm (rev. 1 by  RiksKing on 11-12-12, 03:03 pm)
Porcupo
Captivated by Persona 4

Posted by Hiccup
I'll play.

Yay! We're getting more and more player
There are still at least 7 spots open
Posted on 11-12-12, 07:29 pm (rev. 1 by xfix on 11-12-12, 07:32 pm)
All aboard the RandomTests train!

Since: 05-01-12
Why not, I will play too. GMT+1 timezone.
Posted on 11-12-12, 08:01 pm
Porcupo
Captivated by Persona 4

Posted by GlitchMr
Why not, I will play too. GMT+1 timezone.

Added.
Also, your timezone is nice. We have the same one
Posted on 11-12-12, 08:19 pm
Snifit

Me too! Only 6 places left (or more...)
Posted on 11-18-12, 01:54 am
Red Paragoomba
Not dead

Since: 10-16-11
ill play. sounds fun. EST