Pages: 1
Posted on 03-22-12, 07:14 pm

Since: 06-28-11
Discuss here, what Tilesets we would like to have and how they should look like.
I need also helpers for the Tileset section please.

So, the last post was by Dirbaio. Just continue the discussion about the autumn Grassland.

Posted by Dirbaio
I'd make instead TWO tilesets, one with normal grassland and another with autumn grassland. BOTH with the normal layout. This way we can switch levels between autumn and normal easily.

Also plz plz base it off my grassland tileset. I don't want to have to rebuild my level

Why make two tilesets? We don't have unlimited Tileset-slots, so it would be MUCH better to have autumn and normal in ONE tileset.
I really see no positive point in this.
Posted on 03-22-12, 09:38 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
Posted by NsmB_PrO
Why make two tilesets? We don't have unlimited Tileset-slots, so it would be MUCH better to have autumn and normal in ONE tileset.
I really see no positive point in this.

We can expand tilest slots haxing the Overlay 0 tables if it's really needed. (Well, not haxing, but reusing duplicated ones). So tileset slots is NOT a problem. And I doubt we'll have that many tilesets.

So there are two reasons NOT to have two in the same tileset:
- We save lots of work: It's just a matter of doing ONE of the tilesets. The other one can be based on the first one, by just changing the tileset image.
- If we have the two tilesets have the same layout we can easily switch a level from being autumn and not.

I know, doing the two-palette-thing makes you feel like a super-nsmb-hacker, but there are times it's not really needed.
Posted on 03-23-12, 02:49 pm

Since: 06-28-11
GOOD! If you really insist to have 2 tilesets, we will make them.

So, the autumn tileset will be...
-based off Dirbaio's Grassland Tileset
-With new grass???
-Green stuff colored to brown

PS: I would do the tilesets anyways, so your first reason why NOT having 2-palette stuff blows away.
Only the second reaseon seems like a real reason for me...
Posted on 03-23-12, 07:40 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
Good
Pages: 1