Pages: 1
Posted on 02-23-12, 02:56 pm
Panser

Since: 06-28-11
There a nintendo ds emulator on Android is called nds4droid that emulates some games very well except that the creator has arrived at version 1.3 if someone can look to improve it, so you can play to hack NSMB on android
Posted on 02-23-12, 03:06 pm
AxewAxew

Since: 07-02-11
Let's just assume I interpreted your post correctly here.

It depends. For one, I doubt most Android devices (or any Android device, actually) are capable of emulating a DS at a decent speed. Not to mention games like NSMB would be unplayable on a touch screen.
For another thing, the emulator would need to be open-source in order for other people to contribute to the project and make NSMB playable.
Posted on 02-23-12, 04:09 pm
Panser

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2
Posted on 02-23-12, 08:50 pm
☭ coffee and cream

Since: 06-26-11
Posted by Nina
Let's just assume I interpreted your post correctly here.

It depends. For one, I doubt most Android devices (or any Android device, actually) are capable of emulating a DS at a decent speed. Not to mention games like NSMB would be unplayable on a touch screen.
For another thing, the emulator would need to be open-source in order for other people to contribute to the project and make NSMB playable.

Exactly. Not to mention that apparently some DS games are using tricks that rely on precise timing, that only desmume can handle right. And desmume is like bsnes in that it requires a powerful computer (core i7 K875 @ 2.93GHz here, and some games run barely fullspeed with auto frameskip capped at 5).

NSMB doesn't seem to be one of those crazy games though, seeing as it runs fine on the other, less accurate DS emulators I know of, and it always run fine on desmume since a good while iirc. But even a game like NSMB requires a powerful machine to be emulated at a decent speed.

zrghij
Posted on 04-01-12, 05:46 pm
Tananananana~ That's Life Experience!

Since: 07-18-11
Considering the sharp, constant rise in mobile technology seeing an improvement in emulation on mobile platforms isn't exactly hard to imagine.. it'd take a good while to reach any sort of efficient low-level emulation. As for DS games being unplayable on touch-screens, there is always using bluetooth to connect a gamepad to the system in some way, with the touch screen itself being more useful than say- a mouse on a computer- when it comes to actually playing touch-games.

it's a long way off, but there are some really powerful mobile devices out there already so it's a good starting point if you ask me.

Then again, if you want to play DS games, you're better off buying a DS.. they're dirt-cheap these days.

Posted on 04-02-12, 06:01 am (rev. 2 by  gridatttack on 04-02-12, 06:03 am)
Birdo

I have a samsung galaxy ace and it runs terrible...

My friend has the Galaxy S2 and it did ran slow...not even the 1.2 GHz processor it has can run at decent speed.
So I guess we better wait for new powerful devices. Plus, the emulator has no sound.

Not to mention that playing mario games on a touchscreen is really hard.

Posted on 04-04-12, 03:40 pm
☭ coffee and cream

Since: 06-26-11
Also, those phones with huge CPUs are nice, but one important thing has to be considered: how long does the battery last when you overload the CPU with a DS emulator or something equally intensive?

zrghij
Posted on 04-04-12, 03:44 pm
AxewAxew

Since: 07-02-11
Posted by Mega-Mario
Also, those phones with huge CPUs are nice, but one important thing has to be considered: how long does the battery last when you overload the CPU with a DS emulator or something equally intensive?
Just about 2.5 seconds.
Pages: 1