Pages: 1
Posted on 02-03-12, 03:11 pm
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
If I have two switches, one set an output as 1, another one set an output as 2, then is it possible to make one switch cause one platform to appear, but another platform disappear? I wanted to make like this:

1st Sprite 107 >> Output 1 >> makes 1st platform appear, 2st platform disappear.
2nd Sprite 107 >> Output 2 >> makes 2nd platform appear, 1st platform disappear.

So that I can use these two switches for swapping between two platforms.
Any Ideas?

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Posted on 02-04-12, 01:04 am (rev. 1)
Buster Beetle

Since: 06-29-11
It can be done by connecting the 107 sprites with a 167 sprite I believe. I haven't got enough into on/off function to give you sprite data to do it. But look at the levels in game using the event on/off controller as an example. I think they are in World 8 if I am not mistaken.

What you need to do is start with an on command from the 107 for the first ID. It needs to send the in/out + out again command through the 167 to the next ID. I think this basically toggles just like the 168 zone activator does, only this time only looking for an ID....not Mario entering a zone etc.

A good way to test to see what is happening is to put an on and an off 197 sprite above the area you are testing. Create a shortcut ingame so you can test over and over...or make a test level just using these sprites. But with the 197s you have a visual cue of what on/off commands are going to what IDs and when.

Let me know if you find out how to do it so I can update the sprites in the DB if needed.

Oh, and make sure there are no matching IDs anywhere else in the level that can interfere with what you are testing.
Posted on 02-04-12, 02:17 pm (rev. 1)
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
I set it like this:

1st sprite 107 >> output ID= 1/ have toggle start/stop.
2nd sprite 107 >> output ID= 2/ have toggle start/stop.
1st sprite 197 >> input ID=1 (for testing)
2nd sprite 197 >> input ID=2 (for testing)
1st sprite 167 >> input ID=1 output ID=2 have in+out/timer/out but didn't set the seconds.
2nd sprite 167 >> input ID=2 output ID=1 have in+out/timer/out but didn't set the seconds.

But haven't tested that it will working or not. Please look at them, and tell me about the data.
Thank you.

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Pages: 1