Pages: 1
Posted on 04-15-23, 10:39 am

Since: 11-15-21
i know i've posted about this once before asking for help but i've tried every single thing on earth to get rid of this problem, but no matter how hard i try to fix it i never succeed. basically what my problem is, is that every time i make an nmp patch, i get stopped by an error message saying "the two roms seem to be different versions" last time i ran into this bug i decided to delay production of my rom hack, and buy myself a new physical copy of new super mario bros off of ebay, now i've waited about a month and i finally got my package in the mail and decided to try this brand new physical copy and see if that would make the error message go away, and to my surprise it absolutely f'ing didn't, and it doesn't seem like the problem gonna go away anytime soon. i feel like i should just ignore this error and try to make xdelta patches instead, but im worried that this error message could be an actual issue and that when i release my hack, it's gonna be unplayable for some reason and that all my hard work would be for nothing. what really frustrates me about the error message is how f'ing vague it is. "the two roms seem to be different versions" my ass! how the hell can i be using two different versions when the roms im using are literally the exact same version, the exact same region, and the exact same size. and before you ask, yes, i use a clean rom every time i make a patch.

there don't seem to be many threads about this error message so i guess i'm in the minority with this problem, if by a 0.1% chance that anyone were to know what could be the cause of this and how to fix it or whether to ignore it, please tell me before i completely give up and cancel my hack im dying to know the answer
Posted on 04-15-23, 01:37 pm
Paragoomba

Since: 03-04-19
I can't help with nmp patches, but I would recommend using xdelta patches, if the nmp ones keep not working.
Pages: 1