Pages: 1
Posted on 08-22-22, 10:39 pm
Newcomer
she/it

Since: 08-15-17
(why is my karma so low I don't even post here)

MSYS2 Version: 2.10.0
Running on Windows 10 OS Build 19044.1889

So I have (what I believe to be) the latest version of devkitARM installed, which I originally installed to develop my own homebrew apps just for fun. I tried running "make" via the "Run 'make' and insert" button in NSMBe and the cmd window had this output:

linking newcode.elf arm-none-eabi-ld -T /home/roxie/nsmbhax/Untitled/build/../symbols.x -T /home/roxie/nsmbhax/Untitled/build/../linker.x -g -Map newcode.map -Ttext 0x021901E0 keys.o nonintendo.o ramviewer.o debugscreen.o noOverlaySig.o print.o ramviewer_asm.o -L/opt/devkitpro/libnds/lib -L/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib -L/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/arm-none-eabi/lib -L/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.3.0 -lnds9 -lc -lgcc -o /home/roxie/nsmbhax/Untitled/newcode.elf C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\arm-none-eabi-ld.exe: cannot find -lgcc: No such file or directory make[1]: *** [/home/roxie/nsmbhax/Untitled/Makefile:149: /home/roxie/nsmbhax/Untitled/newcode.elf] Error 1 make: *** [Makefile:122: build] Error 2

Call me crazy but the errors do not seem very clear to me. -lgcc looks more like a compile flag than a file name to me which is really confusing. Would I be able to receive help with this?
Posted on 08-23-22, 11:39 pm
Newcomer
she/it

UPDATE: Someone in the DSi Mode Hacking Discord server helped me.

To anyone who is curious, -lgcc isn't necessary in the libs section of the makefile x.x
Posted on 08-23-22, 11:44 pm
Mariomaster

Since: 06-09-12
Having it is useful though. Have a look at this to get it working: https://nsmbhd.net/thread/3662-devkitpro-and-asm-help/#52113

The patch template breaks when the gcc version inside devkitARM is updated.
Posted on 08-23-22, 11:51 pm
Newcomer
she/it

Posted by RicBent
Having it is useful though. Have a look at this to get it working: https://nsmbhd.net/thread/3662-devkitpro-and-asm-help/#52113

The patch template breaks when the gcc version inside devkitARM is updated.

Can I ask what the advantages are of having the library enabled? I'm not super familiar with libgcc.
Posted on 08-24-22, 08:51 am
Red Cheep-cheep
MammaMia Team Member

Since: 04-26-19
It isn't a good idea to use the old stuff as long as you don't plan on importing code that requires it
If you are able to port the code from a template to another, or if you want to do stuff from scratch, you should really use the new template, which uses Fireflower instead of NSMBe's patcher and it was made to be compatible with the Code Reference

An installation guide can be found here