Pages: 1
Posted on 08-22-20, 12:17 am

Since: 07-25-20
Hey everyone. So just recently I decided to make a hack of New Super Mario Bros Wii, called New Super Mario Bros: Dual Screen Revolution, which would replace all the levels with the ones from the DS game, along with other things. From yesterday to now I decided to edit the game's banner when first booted on to a Wii (File is called opening.bnr). I was just going to replace the logo of NSMBWii with the DS games log for now as part of testing. I replaced the images and repacked the .bnr file, but when I tested it out in Wii Banner Player, it didn't load at all. Like, not at all. I opened the .bnr in Wii Layout Editor, and that loaded just fine. The animation played and everything, but for some reason Wii Banner Player didn't load it. I then thought that maybe it was just how I edited the file and that it would work on Dolphin, but nope, I was wrong, because that didn't work either. Not only did the banner icon showed the Gamecube icon instead, but nothing was playing at all when I selected it. I then try to redo the process over, over, and over again, but nothing seemed to work. So did I do something wrong with the process? Here are the tools I used.

Extracting the .bnr and .bin - Wii.Cs Tools

Editing the .tpl file - BrawlBox 0.78

Replacing the logo - Paint.net

Here is a picture of what it looks like in Wii Layout Editor

Pages: 1