Pages: 1
Posted on 11-21-11, 02:08 pm
Buzzy Beetle
I am UO, not UFO.

Since: 08-28-11
Who can tell me how to use camera sprites?
I put obj.2 but camera don't scroll
So I need help.
Thanks.
Posted on 11-21-11, 03:57 pm

Since: 06-28-11
Ok, it must be a normal block (no matter what behavior) in each 16x16 Block of the Level, you want the camera be able to scroll in. Also, scroll controls/scroll stops refuse scrolling. So if you put some, be sure you put them right.

BTW: Please remove your spoiler thing, or at least put it in the signature instead of the header of your posts.
It is really annoying.
Posted on 11-22-11, 01:37 pm
Buzzy Beetle
I am UO, not UFO.

Since: 08-28-11
Posted by NsmB_PrO
BTW: Please remove your spoiler thing, or at least put it in the signature instead of the header of your posts.
It is really annoying.

In another post,diabaio said the same.
I've put it below and checked the checkbox,but I dunno it will work or not, cause I can't see my sign.
Sorry to my fault.
If it still annoying you, please tell me, I'll delete it.
Posted on 11-22-11, 06:54 pm

Since: 06-28-11
Now it is OK.
For me at least.
Posted on 11-25-11, 04:03 am
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
Hi! I've something about camera sprites to ask too!

I knew how to use sprites 198/199 but I wonder what's the purpose of sprite 195/196 and 293/294. All of them seem to be vertically control cameras. But what's the difference between those? Help!

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Posted on 11-25-11, 06:14 am
Buster Beetle

Since: 06-29-11
Posted by MarioSunshine
Hi! I've something about camera sprites to ask too!

I knew how to use sprites 198/199 but I wonder what's the purpose of sprite 195/196 and 293/294. All of them seem to be vertically control cameras. But what's the difference between those? Help!

I started trying to figure them out, but there are a lot of variables to them. I don't really have time right now to try and remember or review them, but the descriptions are as close as I have gotten to figuring them out so far. The vertical camera scrolls are more related to Mario's position in the screen, and what is shown. Mario's movement up and down can be set to points where the camera will start to scroll. The camera can also start and stop via programmed points. I guess overall, they can also be looked at as bypass sprites. They change what is initially set in the views by default for the level. So you set a certain scroll and view point in the view, but make certain areas either limit or pass up the view settings.

The 195/196 sprites seemed to override even the 276 sprites from what I can tell. Although, the 276 sprites where coded like poop, so that is just a theory too. The 195/196 are almost like a reset switch. The 197/198 seemed to be more temporary within the zone they set.

I'll have to go back and look more, to give you more detail here. Been pretty sick lately, in and out of the hospital...So gotta recover a little and be a little less cloudy to answer better. But check the sprite DB descriptions....Or if yo can find out more from what I have started that would be cool too. I made a test level with nothing in it but ground and air. Enough to make the camera sprites and test them. I used 00 00 00 00 as measuring sticks ingame so I could measure how many tiles the setting changed, and the whens and whys. Post more if you find it. Don't forget the initial view settings are one big variable. So having them set to 0 or 15 can have bearing on the camera sprites when you reach them.

Also, another big sprite to figure out still is the 280. If we can get that more consistent, it adds a lot more drama per say to boss fight and hidden items. I figured out how to start them pretty reliably, but couldn't disable them reliably.
Posted on 11-25-11, 07:47 am (rev. 1)
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
Posted by luckwii
The 197/198 seemed to be more temporary within the zone they set.

That should be 198/199. Lol

Posted by luckwii
I'll have to go back and look more, to give you more detail here. Been pretty sick lately, in and out of the hospital...
So gotta recover a little and be a little less cloudy to answer better.

Oh... I wish you to be better quickly!

BTW thanks for trying to answer!!

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Pages: 1