Pages: 1
Posted on 09-23-19, 01:56 am (rev. 3 by Scanickal on 09-23-19, 02:02 am)

Since: 09-16-19
So I don't know why that is happening, but on one of my castle levels there are weird screwed up tiles in a small area, about the length of the DS screen. It looks like this:
I don't know what is causing this, is it possible it's because my level is overloaded? It's pretty big.
Posted on 09-23-19, 07:43 am
Buzzy Beetle

Since: 11-20-15
You might've replaced a jyotyu tile or something,

"is it possible it's because my level is overloaded? It's pretty big."

It has nothing to do with the size of the level.
Posted on 09-23-19, 10:00 am
Mariomaster

Since: 06-09-12
Did you place your background wall tile on top of a conveyor belt tile? The game still pastes them into the tileset no matter if you removed it from the tileset. You can either use a different spot in the graphics or use a different tileset slot.
Posted on 09-23-19, 06:01 pm

You might've replaced a jyotyu tile or something,

I did replace the standard Jyotyu Tileset with a NSMBW style one, but all the objects seem to be at their respective places within the Tileset 0 tab, where they are usually that is.

I also just noticed that the glitchy tiles are contained exactly in a 16x16 square and I'm not sure what to make of it, especially since initially, I had this problem occur but further in the level (it was also bigger I think), and I don't remember what made "it" change location.

I also tried covering the tiles within said 16x16 square with Object 2 (for whatever reason lol) and it didn't work

Did you place your background wall tile on top of a conveyor belt tile?

You mean how is it placed in the Tileset 1 tab? And what do you mean by background wall tile? The castle bricks tile (which is, you probably noticed, a NSMBW style castle tileset I imported)?
Posted on 09-23-19, 07:59 pm
Mariomaster

Since: 06-09-12
You imported your tileset over the existing castle tileset, right?

The original tileset has animated conveyor belts. Those are animated even when you change the tile in the editor.

Try importing your tileset into a different slot.
Posted on 09-23-19, 10:46 pm

You imported your tileset over the existing castle tileset, right?

Yes I did! So I guess by different slot you mean like importing the tileset in Bonus Room (unused) for example, or any Tileset I don't use?

BTW, I found a solution, though I can't tell if in the long run it's a good one: I placed Object 0 to create blank tiles over the 16x16 sqaure (except on the Castle bricks) and now it's gone. But having to rely on patching to fix problems seems too easy a solution, though if it works it works, right? I guess doing what you suggest won't hurt either.
Pages: 1