Pages: 1
Posted on 10-29-11, 11:14 pm (rev. 1)
Buster Beetle

Since: 06-29-11
So my motherboard burnt up. Gateway with i5 processor, pretty decent unit. Although the Intel HD gpu sucked big time.

But...today I got a new laptop.
Asus with an i7-263OQM 2.0 GHz
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 560M 3G dedicated slot 1
Direct X11 w 3DTV play, 1920x1080

The wallet took a hard hit, but all in all hopefully I am better off.

I tried it out with PCSX2 and some PC games. Max settings on all and the dual fans didn't even come on. No slowdown anywhere. Hella bomb.

Posted on 10-29-11, 11:21 pm (rev. 1)
Porcupo
Did you win the game?

Since: 06-28-11
@Good news YAY, wow that computer looks very good.
@bad news

EDIT: I fail at smilies.
Posted on 10-30-11, 05:05 am (rev. 1)
Banned for being a complete idiot.

Since: 07-09-11
Nice!
You won't have any troubles emulating the Wii now. Full speed I bet. Try Dolphin 3.0 for NSMBwii. It works well and it's stable.

And how did you burn up your computer? Play CPU and/or GPU intensive stuff 24/7?
Or did you just not clean the dust out of your computer often enough/don't do it? I've learned dust is a great heat insulator. Better get rid of it the best you can.

What was the cost BTW?

EDIT:
Posted by coolas1
EDIT: I fail at smilies.

Hmm no. At least they make sense. Some people post smilies here that make 0% sense.
Well, maybe with the exception of the nyan cat... that never makes sense in almost any post unless it's about junk food and nyan cat or something that shares the same attributes as nyan cat.
Posted on 10-30-11, 11:20 am
Buster Beetle

Since: 06-29-11
Posted by ELMario
Nice!
You won't have any troubles emulating the Wii now. Full speed I bet. Try Dolphin 3.0 for NSMBwii. It works well and it's stable.

And how did you burn up your computer? Play CPU and/or GPU intensive stuff 24/7?
Or did you just not clean the dust out of your computer often enough/don't do it? I've learned dust is a great heat insulator. Better get rid of it the best you can.

What was the cost BTW?

Probably the editor . I only had the old laptop about 1 1/2. I do use the computer a lot, and a lot of gaming.

I tried to keep it clean, but you cannot access some internals. Can of air through the grill was the only way. The Gateway kind of sucked at cooling too.

I always have my computers running too. That may have been part of it. 2 days ago, I did a shut down, and went to sleep. When I woke up, I could get no power indicators. Either the power switch is bad, the lid open/closed switch is bad, or the motherboard itself. I haven't given up on the Gateway....but it was getting too stressful troubleshooting it while not having another computer to use.

Cost $1,800 US dollars with tax, a really good 3 year service/replacement plan, and a $100 cannon printer/copy/fax/scanner thrown in for $50....ouch
Pages: 1