Pages: 1
Posted on 10-13-11, 06:11 pm (rev. 1)
Buster Beetle

Since: 06-29-11
I just made a 276 camera stop to keep from scrolling left. I don't know if it is the path, or the connected pipe, but I was able to disable the 276 using the connected pipe. Will post more if found. Before this, I was never able to disable them.

You can set the 198/199 sprites to allow disable. But not 276. So maybe this is the answer.
Posted on 10-13-11, 07:51 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
I think this is more of a bug than a feature like "the connected pipes disable scroll stops".

The scroll stop sprites are full of weird bugs like that Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. And even normal view/zone changes by normal entrances make them break in occasions.
Posted on 10-13-11, 07:56 pm (rev. 1)
Buster Beetle

Posted by Dirbaio
I think this is more of a bug than a feature like "the connected pipes disable scroll stops".

The scroll stop sprites are full of weird bugs like that Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. And even normal view/zone changes by normal entrances make them break in occasions.

I have been able to make this work though repeatedly. And tested around it as well. I think it may be something working. And it only disabled it in the tiles where the paths are.
Posted on 10-20-11, 11:04 pm (rev. 1)
Buster Beetle

Sorry, I am double posting because I changed the title of this post...instead of creating a new post. So this post will be for discussing the theory of how these work.

Here is a new finding though. I have built a level with a lot of 276 sprites. There are about 4 views. There are also a lot of 198/199 sprites.

So for the last day I could only get the 276s in my view 0 working. I had the first view on the bottom of the map. So I moved the whole view down. So now it was below view 1. Now my view 0 and 1 276 sprites work and the rest don't still. So I move them all so that now view 0 is on top, and view 4 is on the bottom. All 276s are working.

I don't know why this is for sure yet, but I move things horizontally with no change. Tried swapping every which way, and the above way is the only way all of them worked. And they all work perfectly.

Another thing I found was that the vertical line has to be seen within the camera before the top of it, or it won't work. I made a set of stairs where the top of the stairs where level with my 276 sprite. The two were 8 tiles apart which is where it can only come on screen using the L and R buttons of the DS. It did not stop the camera if I walked straight towards it. But it did stop if I panned over using the L and R buttons and walked up. In other words, made it visible within screen. So it is almost like the 276 spawns in the visible screen.
Pages: 1