Pages: 1
Posted on 09-26-11, 05:43 pm
Shyguy

Since: 09-18-11
I think I discovered a new challenge here.
I had typed something into the sprite data of sprite 259 (The Poison Water) and because of that if rises really fast after about 56 "Mario Seconds" and I die.

I may try to work out ways to change the speed or the amount of time before it rises later on, or maybe find a way to make it behave like the water from World 6-2 (if no-one else has discovered it yet) but in the meantime, the sprite data to do this is 00 0B 01 11 04 10

Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC4F03AWlS4
(This behaviour would be great for speedrun challenges)

(btw, does anyone know how to record just one screen? thanks)

Posted on 09-26-11, 05:58 pm
Roy Koopa

Since: 06-26-11
OMG THAT IS SOO NICE! PLEASE FIGURE OUT MORE
Posted on 09-26-11, 06:32 pm
Shyguy

Posted by ray
PLEASE

Becuase you have said this word, I have typed more crap into the sprite data, and now, I can actually make it RISE!
Just like the lava from 8-6!

All you have to do is type 00 00 00 11 04 05 into the sprite data and there you go!
You can change the last number to any number you want to increase or decrease the speed! Try it!
I know, anyone could just say "Big Deal, it's the same as lava, what's the point? Use that instead." But it would just be stupid having lava in an overworld (espically forests) If you want flowing lava outside, you should remember this!
No video this time as it would get too repetivive on my youtube channel if I put the same thing over and over but with different sprite data!
Posted on 09-26-11, 07:43 pm

Since: 06-28-11
The kind you let the poison water rise in the video, is new for me. But to just let the Poison water rise... It is the same sprite data of lava, I think.
Posted on 09-26-11, 08:47 pm
Shyguy

Posted by NsmB_PrO
But to just let the Poison water rise... It is the same sprite data of lava, I think.

Yep, it is. I should've known. Damn. Nothing new there.
More figuring out to do. But not today!
Gotta concentrate on my level!
Posted on 09-27-11, 04:19 am
Roy Koopa

Since: 06-26-11
Posted by NsmB_PrO
The kind you let the poison water rise in the video, is new for me. But to just let the Poison water rise... It is the same sprite data of lava, I think.

Lava, Water and poison water are different The have some things which are the same, but everyone has also something new
Posted on 09-28-11, 06:20 pm

Since: 06-28-11
Posted by ray
Posted by NsmB_PrO

Lava, Water and poison water are different The have some things which are the same, but everyone has also something new

I know, but I think Poison Water is the same than LAVA.
Only water is different.
Posted on 01-06-12, 04:24 am
Paratroopa
banned for uploading a ROM to the uploader

Since: 12-17-11
well he may meant poison water and lava has the same effect like it kills somebody instantly when touched only in lava Mario will rocket up (with some flames in his butt) and fall down in the lava but poison water will only let Mario jump upwards and fall down.....
Posted on 01-09-12, 02:27 pm
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
Posted by mariohacker28
well he may meant poison water and lava has the same effect like it kills somebody instantly when touched only in lava Mario will rocket up (with some flames in his butt) and fall down in the lava but poison water will only let Mario jump upwards and fall down.....

They talked about sprite data, aren't they?

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Pages: 1