Pages: 1
Posted on 09-17-11, 01:17 am
AxewAxew

Since: 07-02-11
So, I went and downloaded the Windows 8 Developer Preview build that was released, and, well I must say I have a bit of a mixed opinion on it.
While the Metro UI definitely does look nice, I'd say it would most likely work better on a tablet, as all the gestures you have to do really don't work with a mouse and a keyboard.
The two-in-one desktop thing is also kinda weird, the taskbar does not list Metro applications, only the applications you have open on your desktop. BUT the Alt+Tab switcher -does- show your Metro apps, which I find kinda confusing. Not to mention, there is no way to close said Metro apps (other than with the task manager), so they'll just be left there, suspended, taking up resources.

So, have you guys tried this? What are your opinions on it?
Posted on 09-18-11, 01:03 am (rev. 1)
Banned for being a complete idiot.

Since: 07-09-11
I hate the new metro style. There's a way to disable it with the registry so you get the windows 7 styled start menu. It's cool they still had it hidden.

EDIT:
I've modified my windows 8 developers preview to the point that it looks like Windows 7.
The only things that don't look normal are the boot screen, and at the bottom right, there is some text there reminding you it's a developers preview. And, if you don't count modifying a dll file to change the Windows logo to a Windows 7 one, then that's another way it's not transformed.
Posted on 09-18-11, 09:28 pm
☭ coffee and cream

Since: 06-26-11
Generally, I wonder what the fuck is up with adapting Windows Phone to computers. Users don't need hugeass buttons and ribbons all over the place. If they're blind, they can use high-contrast themes, the magnifying glass tool, or lower their screen resolution, or whatever. The proper way to use larger screens is to display more stuff, not to make the same image bigger.

zrghij
Pages: 1