Pages: 1
Posted on 08-17-16, 12:57 am (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:23 am)

Since: 02-02-15
Question: Infinite bubble effect sequence

Sorry asking here.

I'm remaking the NSMBU Sparkling Waters-Tower level. I'm trying to recriate the infinite bubble effect sequence on the beginning of the level. However, being honest, I'm having a little difficult to replicate the effect. I was looking for some posts. I don't know if is the incorrect keyword for search that I'm using, or if I did not look right, but I didn't find a solution yet. Can anyone help?

As you can see in Pic 1, the Bubbles run from two pipes on top, and flow on the botton pipes from left to right, in sequence. Then stops for some seconds, and flow again.

Pic 1. NSMBU: the infinite bubble effect sequence

The video with the desired effect can be seen here.

The objective is recriate the same effect on DS. However, the bubbles are flowing desynchronized and the loop is not working. Is there a post or thread to answer this question? Comments are welcome.

Pic 2. NSMBDS: bubbles are aleatory and don't loop

Thanks
[] _P
Posted on 08-17-16, 10:39 am
Death by cuteness

Since: 05-01-13
8-3-Area2.nml
Look at View 1, here are located all the necessary Actors:
_7 Pipe bubbles
_1 Sprite 168
_10 Sprites 167

Demonstration:
Posted on 08-17-16, 12:15 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:23 am)

Since: 02-02-15

NSMB Editor: Infinite bubble effect sequence.

I would like to thank you Mero Mero for share this solution for community about this very interesting effect. I was working in parallel and also found another solution, using 4 control sprites. Here I take the opportunity to show to other users the second one, and finally have the pleasure to share my DS downgrade for "NSMBU Sparkling Waters-Tower" level...

Now the community have two solutions. The buffet is served. At the end of this post, the user can download a level example. Found a third solution? Do not forget to comment!

This second solution uses:
- (1) 168 sprite (IF event - use zone)
- (1) 286 sprite (multiple cascade event)
- (2) 167 sprite (simple cascade event)

The sprite 286 was used for control all bubles in sequence. There are two 167 sprites to trigger on and off the first bubble after last bubble acting. The time between each bubble is fixed with 10.

Pic: Sprite 286 - multiple cascade event with fixed time.

NSMB Editor: DS Sparkling Waters Tower
(sorry bad quality, hardware limitations)

Youtube video: 5 minutes.

Download level:
The level can be download in this link. Use two areas.
DS_SparklingWatersTowerVs1_A1.nml
DS_SparklingWatersTowerVs1_A2.nml

[] -P
Pages: 1