Pages: 1
Posted on 05-10-16, 03:46 pm

Since: 01-18-15
I want to replace MEGAMUSHROOM's model with a simple flat model with a texture on it. I exported the obj to nsbmd with MKDSCM and replaced the model with NSMBDSe. But unfortunately the model won't show up in the game! I know that the original model is much bigger in the game than the model itself which has something to do with the nsbca file, so i made my model really big. But the result was the same! I also thought, that the texture was too big, so i used also little textures. But without any success.

Can someone help me?
Thanks in advantage!
Posted on 05-10-16, 03:55 pm
Red Paratroopa
Friend of N64s and DSes

Since: 07-26-15
Posted by Louiskovskie
I want to replace MEGAMUSHROOM's model with a simple flat model with a texture on it. I exported the obj to nsbmd with MKDSCM and replaced the model with NSMBDSe. But unfortunately the model won't show up in the game! I know that the original model is much bigger in the game than the model itself which has something to do with the nsbca file, so i made my model really big. But the result was the same! I also thought, that the texture was too big, so i used also little textures. But without any success.

Can someone help me?
Thanks in advantage!

I've done something similar to this with the bullet bill model to make it look like one from SMB, and I ran into similar problems, like the model being slightly smaller than I wanted it to be, and the direction that it faced. My suggestion would be to try rotating the model around the Y-axis, seeing as it might not appear on certain sides because it's flat.
Posted on 05-10-16, 04:08 pm (rev. 2 by Sherry_ on 05-10-16, 04:19 pm)

Since: 05-26-15
Posted by Arctus Platner
I've done something similar to this with the bullet bill model to make it look like one from SMB, and I ran into similar problems, like the model being slightly smaller than I wanted it to be, and the direction that it faced. My suggestion would be to try rotating the model around the Y-axis, seeing as it might not appear on certain sides because it's flat.

Yes, Arctus Platner is right, I have just tried to replace the Mega Mushroom's NSBMD model with s_hana.nsbmd (the flower in the Title Screen), it's a flat model and it isn't visible, but it is usable possible to use pick up it.

So, you have to rotate it...
Posted on 05-10-16, 06:46 pm

Thanks a lot
I will try it as soon as possible.
Posted on 07-06-16, 02:22 pm

Ok. The problem is not the thing with rotation. The problem is, that MKDSCM can not create huge NSBMD modells! I've tried it with different sizes but the result is ever the same!! How is it possible to scale NSBMD files? Or is there another way to fix this problem?
Posted on 07-06-16, 02:47 pm
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
Have you tried the scaling your OBJ file using a 3D model editor? And have you tried the scale function in MKDSCM's converter?
Posted on 07-07-16, 12:49 pm

Yes. I've tried anything to scale it.
Posted on 07-07-16, 01:00 pm
Fuzzy
Will never finish a hack

Since: 03-25-16
Try exporting the original model as a size referance. Then you won't have to scale (I think?).