Pages: 1
Posted on 09-26-15, 11:06 am (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:17 am)
Nipper Plant

Since: 08-17-15
Hi, this is my second hack called Super Mario Bros - Deluxe Remix. Of course my first hack is unreleased, and will never be released . Anyways, this hack will feature:
Brand new levels - straight from scratch
Miniature amount of ASM
Custom Music
Custom World maps
Custom MvsL levels
Custom title screen &
Some texture hacks

Here is the link to download World 1, with 2 ways to patch the clean rom, and a readme file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1NDXgJJxWcVT3Q4bk42TWItRFE/view?usp=sharing

Screenshots:
Posted on 09-26-15, 02:35 pm (rev. 1 by  Arctus Platner on 09-26-15, 02:47 pm)
Red Paratroopa
Friend of N64s and DSes

Since: 07-26-15
Why are the screenshots so small? I can't tell what they are.
Posted on 09-26-15, 06:57 pm
Flurry
newsuperexpandkongs

Since: 06-19-13
Review:
When I was first downloading this hack, I thought the game would be decent. Anyway, time to review the levels:
1-1: I can forgive this level because it is the first.
1-2: Is Boring! No Offence, but I had problems with this stage. It's boring. If you put more stuff in them, I can enjoy it. Also the way of getting the last star coin is difficult, like how would you know to wait of the plant to go back into his pipe?

Getting the star coin is not fun like other hacks. Every hack I play (besides Random Hack), I try finding the star coins. Here, it's just filler. But the worst part is the music. Ignoring the fact that they are not looped, the music in this bonus room is bad! The NSMBW remix sounds good, but this is the worst port of music I ever heard:
Bad Music.wav
1-3: Could have been a decent level. First off:
Why is there a pokey there, second the music is unfitting.
1-Tower: This level is ne of the worst tower levels in a NSMB Hack, I have ever played. It was lame and I don't want to go back in the level. That's how bad it was. It also contains a bad Bowser Jr. Boss.
1-4: Was just a mess. Really I don't know what to say about it. Just one thing. The way to get the second star coin is HARD! If you try something like, have Mario enter a pipe cannon, it would be better.
1-5: Was just weird. It would make much more sense if it was an underground stage IMO.
1-Castle: Also one of the Castles I played in hack. Worst than the Football Stadium stage in Hammer Brother Demo 3. The best part however is this:

The only section here was fun. And that's sad.
Also 1-A is not edited. Reminds me of my old hack New Super Crafter Bros. I didn't edit 1-A. I'm not a moderator and I'm not trying to provoke you or anything, but if you are releasing a demo, have everything in World 1 edited. I don' care about the tilesets or music. Just give me the levels. Overall:
Final Verdict:
Graphics: OK
Entertainment: Bored
Quality: Bad
Hack Scale: 5/10 Mediocre at best
The good thing about this hack is the fact that it is better than random hack, but this is still a bad hack! I think you can try to do better.

Posted on 09-26-15, 09:25 pm
Nipper Plant

Ok! Thanks for the advice. I will fix the levels up. And make them to their original environments.
Posted on 09-30-15, 09:12 am
Nipper Plant

Posted by newluigidev
Ok! Thanks for the advice. I will fix the levels up. And make them to their original environments.
Nah, forget that, cause im making other hacks now, which are WAY, WAY better
Posted on 09-30-15, 10:23 am
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
So I can trash this?

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 09-30-15, 11:42 am
Red Paratroopa
Friend of N64s and DSes

Since: 07-26-15
Oh, I was looking forward to this hack getting better.
Posted on 09-30-15, 07:50 pm
Nipper Plant

Posted by Arceus
So I can trash this?
yes you can
Pages: 1