Pages: 1
Posted on 07-02-15, 09:10 pm
Paragoomba

Since: 02-27-14
So earlier today, I tried to make a music hack. But for some reason, the sseq was 76kb, and corrupted the rest of the sdat. Can somebody help?
Posted on 07-03-15, 10:41 am
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
Was it even working before you inserted the sseq in the sdat?

Posted by Dirbaio
Posted by Orengefox
Step 2:

You’ll need from out of the NSMB DS rom all the extracted files that are in the sound_data.sdat file which you can get using the NDS Editor. Bare in mind, you will need to re-organize the files around before compiling it back up; or you can use the modified sound_data folder (get your copy here) which already does all that for you. You can read more about it in the LAST MINUTE INFORMATION section.

=======================================================

<font size=3>III. LAST MINUTE INFORMATION</font>
=======================================================

I would like to conclude this guide with some last minute information relating to a lot of the stuff this guide has covered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A. The modified sound_data folder and its use for the NDS Editor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first started using the NDS Editor to hack NSMB DS, I kept running into a problem where the sound and music would completely mess up every time I replaced the games original sound_data.sdat file with one that I compiled; even when no changes were ever made to the compiled file. What had happen is the program would compile a new sound_data.sdat file, putting each of the file formats (*.sseq/*.ssar/*.sbnk/*.ssar/*.bin) back into their designated folder but in alphabetical order instead of in the listed order they were in originally. The files would then be renamed to reflect the listed order they were in originally even though the name doesn’t match the actual file; this can be seen when browsing through content of the sound_data.sdat file using the NDS Editor. So I started re-arranging all the files in the sound_data folder; renaming them (you can do this with/without the file extension) so that everything would go in the order it was supposed to be in once compiled and it worked. For those of you who don’t want to go through the hassle of making your own sound_data folder, I’ve provided a copy of this modified sound_data folder so that you can compile your own *.sdat file with ease.

Get your copy of the modified sound_data folder here.

Pages: 1