Pages: 1
Posted on 05-31-15, 03:46 am

Since: 04-05-15
Ok, so like 75% of the time when I finish making a level, I copy and paste a flag and tower thingy from a different level [since I don't know how to make one myself], and instead of Mario going in the tower, he just goes past it. I've been working on the level for hours with the flag error so I just decided, screw it, Bowser Jr. But I don't want that, so how can I get this thing to stop?
Posted on 05-31-15, 11:08 am
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
Posted by Bugs1Mints
Ok, so like 75% of the time when I finish making a level, I copy and paste a flag and tower thingy from a different level [since I don't know how to make one myself], and instead of Mario going in the tower, he just goes past it. I've been working on the level for hours with the flag error so I just decided, screw it, Bowser Jr. But I don't want that, so how can I get this thing to stop?

Take a closer look on the original towers. Take a close look how they are constructed and which tiles are used for it. Then you will be able to create an own one.

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 05-31-15, 01:25 pm

Posted by Arceus
Posted by Bugs1Mints

Take a closer look on the original towers. Take a close look how they are constructed and which tiles are used for it. Then you will be able to create an own one.

But still, Mario goes past the tower instead of inside of it. What do I do?
Posted on 05-31-15, 02:56 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
Just make sure the three different tiles composing the tower are there, placed correctly as on the original towers.
Posted on 05-31-15, 03:22 pm
Shyguy

Since: 05-03-15
I am not 100% sure, but I think the flagpole's base and the tower structure's tiles must be placed exactly 8 tiles apart in order for the end-of-level sequence to function properly, because Mario/Luigi walks 8 tiles to right (give or take a few) after jumping off of the flagpole. Reason I say that is because it seems that is how the spacing appears in levels from the original game.

There are Goombas somewhere below this footer, 'cause typing "Goombas" makes one appear!
Posted on 05-31-15, 03:58 pm
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
Posted by Bugs1Mints
But still, Mario goes past the tower instead of inside of it. What do I do?

The you didn't look close enough...

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 06-01-15, 07:14 pm

Posted by Thierry
Just make sure the three different tiles composing the tower are there, placed correctly as on the original towers.

Yep, this fixed it, thanks.